Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires

Does anyone have a vampire family (3-5 sims)? Do you find it easy to control and play with them all or is it too much to do? I've been wanting to make one myself but haven't. My 1st vampire burned in the sun before i realized she was on fire lol.

Comments

• Options
    RyphlandRyphland Posts: 25 Member
    I play with a family of 5 vamps. It was a little difficult at first as they can be a bit dense when it comes to the whole “sun is bad” concept. I’ve not had any die on me yet, so yay. And now that I’ve got sun immunity on all of them, it won’t be to that hated fire ball in the sky! Before I got that though I focused on increasing their vamp energy reserves and routinely ensuring they did their ‘dark meditation’ in order to keep the bar above the halfway line. That way, if they did get caught out in the sun and I didn’t notice, they usually had a fair bit of energy/time to burn through before becoming uncomfortable enough to seek shelter themselves or I would eventually notice.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I have played a household of eight vampires. It’s extremely difficult to keep up with them. I suggest you buy the perk ‘sunlight resistant’ for some of them. If you don’t want them to have that perk, then you should keep a strict eye on them every time you travel, come back from school/work. Very rarely did they end up walking outside the house in broad daylight. Although they are not smart when it comes to going inside the house after work/school. It’s said that Forgotten Hollow has longer nights and maybe Windenburg does too. So you can keep them out a bit longer in those worlds than you can with the others. One important thing you must do is purchase ‘plasma packs’. Thirst will be a pain to keep up with. Raise your vampire lore skill to enable yourself to purchase them. Although be aware they are very expensive!

Tip: do not put any interactive items outside the house that would make them want to step outside to use.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I had a family of 5 it was hard at first with them starting out. Had to watch them like hawks however I did find it easier to let my teens & young adults chill at home for a bit that way they didn’t have to go to work until I got their sun resistance. I also moved my family to Sleepy Hallow that helped a lot to.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Not sure where to put this but....I was not playing for a while cause of computer issues and health, came back got all updates found you can't change the dark half to look like your Sim anymore is there a way to get that back in the cas
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    I've been contemplating a vampire family and was wondering the same thing...just having two made me nervous! But, after learning how to monitor and maintain, I was able to add two more...eventually :)