Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    I am not interested in farming and don't want to play it, but I do hope the next EP will include it because all the "Farming! Farming!" screams as soon as a new wooden chair is shown by EA or when any upcoming pack is being hinted is getting exhausting.

Please, EA, just release the farming pack already and make it stop at last.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Torie wrote: »
    I am not interested in farming and don't want to play it, but I do hope the next EP will include it because all the "Farming! Farming!" screams as soon as a new wooden chair is shown by EA or when any upcoming pack is being hinted is getting exhausting.

I'm in agreement with this, can they just release something that can be considered as "farming" to get the "I want farming" crowd to shut up. I'm so sick of hearing the whinging and whining for it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

I am part of the rabid farming pack fans and I still agree with this. Just be done with it EA!
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

I am part of the rabid farming pack fans and I still agree with this. Just be done with it EA!

Same! EA, just release it already!
  • Options
    TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    Which is absolutely fine, there things that I rabidly want included too (like elves and a gloomy Victorian world to play detective in, all of this won't ever happen though) and the fact that I don't want it doesn't mean sh-t, the game is not called Sims4Torie after all.

But I do want all of this faming screaming everywhere, including Maxis streams, to stop and people to get their farms already. I guess the animation part is the most tricky for them in this regard. There are not too many existing animations they can recycle for this particular topic, especially with horses and horse riding.

• Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    I think it's fine that EA keep making packs for the Sims 4. They need to make money somehow, and we get to choose which content we want to buy and what we want to skip.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I always felt that the Goths should have been Vampires.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »

I always make them vampires in my saves 🧛‍♀️
  • Options
    KurisKuris Posts: 16 Member
    I don't like the fantasy related DLCs D:

But some of the build options are nice ~
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »

I always make them vampires in my saves 🧛‍♀️

That's actually a great idea. Why did I never think of that? I think my main vampire is gonna get working on that now since he's currently doing the Vampire Family aspiration but I'm rather picky over who to turn. Goths seem really fitting though. He's on good terms with them too because he kept visiting the lot and flirted around with Mortimer's ghost (lol, they don't mind).
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I don't mind hairstyles similar to what we already have. I like the variations.
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I think it's fine that EA keep making packs for the Sims 4. They need to make money somehow, and we get to choose which content we want to buy and what we want to skip.

EA doesn't need the Sims to make money hand over fist. Every year, they make over a billion from loot boxes or "surprise mechanics" in their sports games. It's the Investors and Executives that need your Sims' money.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I really don't care about farming for the sake of farming. Personally, I would prefer an old western times with horses & fairies.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    They need to stop delegating all the fun stuff to mere game packs while only having the boring real life stuff in full expansions.

Give me a focus on the supernatural, star wars, magic, futuristic stuff, etc. in a main expansion instead of them constantly doing the bare minimum there.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    rhalius wrote: »
    They need to stop delegating all the fun stuff to mere game packs while only having the boring real life stuff in full expansions.

Give me a focus on the supernatural, star wars, magic, futuristic stuff, etc. in a main expansion instead of them constantly doing the bare minimum there.

Yeah, I wish they would stop treating it like its a niche interest.
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »

Same! EA, just release it already!

Well Congrats! I was not until the trailer dropped, 100% getting the pack the day it comes out.

I don't think the SW pack was a bad idea, it just was executed badly.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I'm happy that horses aren't included. Please don't get me wrong, I find, they are beautiful and elegant creatures, but I think they deserve to live in freedom and not in a stall or in a small fenced area.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited June 2021
    I do not get so many negative comments about those "gifts" for those who buy it until September. Just 3 things , no new gameplay (isn't the new gameplay the word now??)

I assume that those who never buy at full price , will not do it now either. For a gnome, of a bicycle or a tree. I take it as a nice gift for those who usually or now buy it at full price.

It would of been TOTALLY different if those items would of been pre order only, or included new gameplay.

ETA: and this is coming from someone who never use bikes in game.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I do not get so many negative comments about those "gifts" for those who buy it until September. Just 3 things , no new gameplay (isn't the new gameplay the word now??)

I assume that those who never buy at full price , will not do it now either. For a gnome, of a bicycle or a tree. I take it as a nice gift for those who usually or now buy it at full price.

It would of been TOTALLY different if those items would of been pre order only, or included new gameplay.

ETA: and this is coming from someone who never use bikes in game.

I think it's absolutely fair. I'm a fan of preorder bonuses especially when they ARE available later to those who came to the game late/couldn't afford it at the time, but I think a year at least until you can get the preorder stuff in another way.

Not sure if I'm going to preorder. I might, but just because I'm excited about the pack. The preorder stuff really isn't a big deal to me, so it's just a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    I'm not a fan of retirement homes in my game.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't mind that horses were not included in the new pack. I don't think that they will work well in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    They really did not think the scared emotion through, I guess they wanted to take the last shred of masculinity away from our Sims who get scared from the slightest things even if they have the self assured trait since as usual, traits are meaningless in this game.

Was bad enough already that my "mean"sim meant to be this kind of bad boy keeps making friends with strangers and never does a mean thing on his own, but now he runs around like a sissy from a bit of bad weather or because another sim sneaked up on them and said: Boo!

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    They really did not think the scared emotion through, I guess they wanted to take the last shred of masculinity away from our Sims who get scared from the slightest things even if they have the self assured trait since as usual, traits are meaningless in this game.

Was bad enough already that my "mean"sim meant to be this kind of bad boy keeps making friends with strangers and never does a mean thing on his own, but now he runs around like a sissy from a bit of bad weather or because another sim sneaked up on them and said: Boo!

It's not emasculating to get scared though. Or it shouldn't be. Everyone gets scared.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »

It's not emasculating to get scared though. Or it shouldn't be. Everyone gets scared.

I think they meant it's a little too easy for some sims to become scared, as I've come across sims who have the "scared" moodlet as their default and then they rally my brave sim up into a fear frenzy as well. Like I get that even "brave" people/sims can get scared, but I just feel that they should have less of a chance to be "feared" by hysterical sims.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top