Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Vampires be able to work magic?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DpheindDpheind Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh, and i didn't cheat or mod
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Vampire/spellcaster hybrids do appear to be possible when a vampire and a spellcaster have a kid, but they're glitchy. You get the spellcaster perks, but the vampire needs panel, and you can't spend vampire perks.
  • Options
    DpheindDpheind Posts: 3 New Member
    True, i did have to cheat vampire perks just so mine could go out in the sun.
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    But fun fact I learned yesterday.. drinking plasma from an infected strangerville sim will infect a vampire... it was creepy.

But no, no magical cross-occult bloodlines for anyone but spellcasters, you'll either have to use cheats on console and hope for the best or wait for mods on pc.

I think this is legitimately the first time I've been salty over something in the sims (besides temporary lightning powers and temporary lifestates)

Everything about StrangerVille is creepy but that made me LOL. XD
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yup. Just give your Vampire the spellcaster trait.
    I did & it made my Vampire/Spellcaster a whole lot interesting, powerful & fun to play with.
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • Options
    KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    I think there was a patch this month fixing the hybrid occult "problem" again. Is the vampire/not-witch still working?

It's my alien not being able to learn magic that bothers me actually, as she was designed in the aliens as space elf direction. Her husband was always supposed to be just a standard vampire, but full aliens being unable to change to anything means that pack is entirely useless unless I make him a not-witch instead. That just isn't the character he was supposed to be.
    I believe they also "fixed" normal sims having access to occult CAS parts recently also, so I can't even make her a normal sim with alien features and then add not-witch on top. If Alien powers weren't a complete joke at this point, I'd just ignore it, but they are. It's frustrating.