Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty last exception file

My game creates empty last exception files. It surely has problems because when I try to go back to live mode from build mode it freezes or exits the game.
All script mods are updated. My tons of CCs are unstraceable.

The empty last exception says:

"<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>"

How can I find the problem? PLease help me

Comments

• Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I had this happen, and I realized it was... because I somehow had 2 copies of MCCC in my mods folder. (Major facepalm moment). I would double check to make sure you don’t have any mod copies.

If that fails, try the half-method. Basically- remove half your mods into a test folder, load up the game and see if it still happens. If it does, swap with the half you put in test and see if it happens with them. If it happens with both (which has never happened with me) there could be a similar mod in both half’s, but usually what happens is you can split it and keep narrowing it down by halves until you get to the bottom of it.

For example, you find the first half has the issue. You move the clean half to a ‘clean’ marked folder. Then you split the bad half again, test the halves, and confirm which of these is the issue. Rinse and repeat until you have the last bit. Usually I can get it down to 10 and can figure it out from there.