Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Difficult To Find Ingredients For Herbal Remedies

I have a hard time looking for the following ingredients for some herbal remedy in herbalism. My Sim has traveled to the Granite Falls National Forest and Park and scoured every area there but could not found this item. At level 9 I thought he could get at least one of these plants and insects but unfortunately in its 4 weeks stay in Granite Falls he was unable to get them. Please I need your help where or how do my Sim get them. These are the items he needs to do the herbal remedy:

Elderberry
Huckleberry
Noxious Elderberry
Chamomile
Fireleaf
Toxic Chamomile
Fire Ant
Muckleberry
Walking Stick

Comments

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    This guide is pretty good.
    Basically the plants that grow in Granite Falls are all marked as unidentified.
    You must collect and identify them first - the higher Herbalism level, the better the chance.
    Then they'll have correct names in Sim's inventory.

Edit:
    If you want a stable supply of ingredients, better plant them in your garden as soon as you identify them.
    Insects can only be caught in Granite Falls locations, they spawn like any other harvestable, need to keep an eye out, some are really rare.

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Do you have seasons? I think the seasons can affect when certain harvestable are able to be harvested. Has your sim already identified all the herbs? I love the herbalism skill but the grinding to get insects got annoying in a hurry. So what I did which is kind of cheating but easier, was I went build mode searched gallery for rooms, hashtag the harvestable and or bugs you need, download the room then delete everything but the bugs or plants you need.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    I was going to post about Seasons too... I always send my sim the first day of summer. Everything can be found then. Some are spring, summer. Some are summer, fall.
    Chamomile and Toxic C can found where the rentals are. It is harder to find one type but they are very easy to see. Fire Ants are also near the rentals and near the public bathroom there.
    I think the rest of the others are mostly in the National Forest area, with some overlap in the rental areas.
    Walking stick is much more prolific than before in the Hermit's area it shows up in three places that I know of, once again though it shares the same spawn spot as some other bugs. Surprised you got all of the mushrooms... sometimes I have to go to the hermit's area to get one of them.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I'm missing Fireleaf. I have Seasons. I've tried going to Granite Falls in the Spring which gave me nothing. So I went in the Summer. I haven't tried the Fall yet. which will be my next action.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The walking stick is by the falls when you go to the hermit's area. To the right of the fishing area by the falls. If I remember (it's been a while since I've been to collect anything) they usually are out in the early afternoon.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Do you have seasons? I think the seasons can affect when certain harvestable are able to be harvested. Has your sim already identified all the herbs? I love the herbalism skill but the grinding to get insects got annoying in a hurry. So what I did which is kind of cheating but easier, was I went build mode searched gallery for rooms, hashtag the harvestable and or bugs you need, download the room then delete everything but the bugs or plants you need.

@hmae123 yes I have all the Expansion, Game and Stuff Packs there is...
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Typically I tend to find a lot of fireleaf in the housing settlement of Granite Falls by the main river. Everything else generally find it when in the woods. If you really are having trouble you can just use the debug cheat and type in the name of the plant you are looking for in the search bar when you have the debug cheat on.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If you are interested there's a Curiosity Shop someone made, I can find it on my library and tell you the name, it has the plants, I think maybe all or close, and has so many insects, some in basement as it is full of them
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl yeah My Sim has morel, false morel mushrooms and all... some of them my Sim got in the deep forest some in the Hermit's place but sometimes it spawn in the Park...
  • Options
    @BMSO What is the debug cheat and how do you do the search?