Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The True Simers guide to the Sims 4 Expansion packs Game packs and discusion

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I don't really believe EA or Maxis is getting the most out of The Sims fan base, Sure most of the packs that are released become best sellers, but just seems like packs leave some munch out for protentional.

The first pack released was a Game Pack called Outdoor: Retreat, it was just a few random cabin lots and a tent site, no hotels, no resorts or nothing. If you got lucky in the National Park you could stumble upon a male or female hermit living in a cabin off the grid. Activies collect plant fruit or vegables or pugs and other stuff for the hewbal skill chain, but no career attached to it just a asperation.

Get to Work, even though Aliens came in the base game with a few disquesed Aliens didn't really start to show themselves until the first Expansion Pack Get to work, where now all of a sudden you can go to saxuim which is just maxis spelled backwords, and they all look like electronic robots with their weird glowing suits, I must still be in the Matrix please unplug me. The only thing I may want to do with Aliens sometime is to breed the aliens out and see how many generations it takes before all alien traces are gone. I bet I can do the same thing to the Mermaids from Island Living, but the suits on the aliens I seen them before, the Time traveler from the Sims 3 Into the Future was wearing them. Also appearently now if you go to the hopsital and have your kid your get a baby and a Birth Certificate, but if you have your kid at home, no birth certificate.

Get Togather, brought the DJ Booth back, and gave a purpose for the whole club system mechanic and the Night Clubs and group hang out, but appearently some club members will continue to do the club actities until they mass die, for example a club based on exercising and watching tv, will excersise and watch tv all the time and when they reach elderly, they will all die in one stroke, why? because they still think they are young in their mind and why would I have to stop exercising and watching TV to rest what is that? When this is fun and I gain points, what use of points if you can't spend them.

Spa Day, gave us a little bit more game play, I serriously can't find anything wrong with this pack, except for a few combination showers tubs not having the special baths from Spa Day, it did give some interesting activies like the Yoga Class that would function with a instructor in a Gym or a Spa lot type. You could also do it by yourself with a Yoga Mat.

City Living added random festivals and a new world called San Myshino, whichi s just a play on words for San Fransico. The Festivals are ok the first rounds, but most of the time lately, my families have too munch to do to visit the festivals until they are over and than all the festivals start dragging together. I would have thought a clean up script could have been added to the game that would automaticly clean up the inactive festivals if loaded during non festival days, of course it would have been nice if we could choose the festivals we go to using a little box in each world. Even create our own festivals in parks in other neighorhoods. Also be able to edit festival lots so that we can fix the Geek Con festival ourselfs or make the computers break proof.

Dine Out I really did like Dine Out Expansion pack it was well thought out and provided a new lot type called restursants, when released it was easy to set up a dinner or download a eatry and plop it down somewhere and it would work without players having to do anything. You could also run your own playe owned Restursant. However, lately with all the new add ons and changes, some things can take players at a disadvantage and would be advantagis to watch for free services day from seasons, that don't seem to discrimate between player owned and non player owned restursants, I learned that the hard way with the Get Famous rep perk for one of my sims that get everything for free. Player owned restursants shouldn't be giving stuff out for free to stars expecially since they don't got a unlimited bank account.

Cats and Dogs, yep this has possibly been the most cutiest of all the packs, I believe its the more truest for of feline or k9 behavior we have ever had in the Sims games, even though many was concerned when you couldn't control your pet directly that their was going to be a big backlash, but it never really happened. My pets surprise me and provide another good way to keep the vampires at bay, or other fishy presents that some can identify. The only major problem I have is not allowing pups walk up and down patio steps it makes it hard for them to go potty, I had to put indoor outdoor carpet on the patio to encourage the puppies to go potty outside, it works with pee, but not so good with poo. I also love the reactions of sims that step in it. Also the Vet Clinic is one of my favorite user ran clinic or npc ran clinics if no one owns the vet clinic,

Vampires, I haven't really played that pack very munch, but I am pretty sure the age freeze at young adult is very useful for though that are half gone, they can still die in Sunlight though I wouldn't call it a true death just a departing. The major problem here is I don't like when they break into a community lot it can keep sims from going home.

Seasons is a really enteresting expansion pack now we can have a whole year to year with holidays you can take days off work visit with farther winter, make snowpays and play or get flirty in leaf piles. The rain cold and thunderstorms do make sims run for dryer places, unless you are a storm chaser, but don't get too dry or hot or you could overheat expecially in days with heatwaves. The only thing I really wish they had was a minature version of the weather machine so I could take it with me to other places to change the weather at that time.

The Patch before Parenthood added Toddlers. I really do like the Sims 4 version of Toddlers, it does go well with the next game pack called Parenthood that offered the skill to young adult, adult and elder sims, as well as a intergrated disapline and praise system, depending on how well your children growup determines your core value traits when you become adults. I liked the Teenage version of the child phase system gives teens a more extreme and true range of mod swings that are more belieable. The only major problem I have seen is the curfew is even set if the parents die and teh kids are without parents they still loose points for being out past curfew.

Get Famous is actually one of the best expansion packs they have ever did for the Sims 4 bringing back the studio, both the public part and the non public part. When I was in California, Universal studios was always my favorite theme park just off to the side of the picture production lots of Los Angelis, walking down the glitz and glammer strip of Hollywood with all the high end trend setting fasion shops and salons, offer free samples to tourist passing by while over charging the celeberties. However, it is truely realistic with the not so in your face talent show that refuses to tell you if your talents are worth going to the Starlight Acculode show on Sunday. The only thing I wish would be better if sims with great rep and have completed the prestine tree, would not get stuff for free, if the lot is owned by a player.

Jungle Adventures, this is the most fun I ever had with a vacation world called Selvadorada, I fill like this pack was done right as you get a random temple and random traps and switches to figur eout to reach the goal of the great treasure, but the jungle gates tend to by somewhat stengy at times and good at holding its secrets, if the gate you want isn't unlocked htis time, maybe it will be on your next vacation. This is one way to rack up a bunch of money really fast. Plus archoalogy skill was added to the game, along with some random true collections of anciant sim socieity, you can either display them or sale them, some are with alot in money, some are not worth money at all and may not be genurine. At higher levels of skill the acheology council will contact you to do their dirty digging and seperate genine from forgeries.

Island Living looks like a fun interesting expansion pack with yes swimming in a huge oceanic body of water, smaller than island paradia from the Sims 3 and can't follow your sim under the water, but it is still cool. fish like never before using traps, or fish as a group for the first tiem in the Sims 4, that is actually fun they should have added it sooner never in real life was fishing a lone sport so why was it for the sims in the Sims 4? Everyone can look for treasure in the sand or get on a boat and fish from the boat or play around in the water witha jet skill all decked out to make the sharks think twice about eating you and hang out with your vary own dophin friend. Oh something has gone wrong in the Island Nature reserve can you help the locals restore the reserve to pristien condiction, either by yourself or conservationist as your job work as either political proponent on land or a Marine biologist studing the health of the ocean, as a political proponent set policies either good or bad for the island. I just wish this was dynamic and the island after a time would reset to the precondictions it was before so that others could enjoy the career or working to revive an island paradise.

Strangervillie, this definately belongs in the weird and Science Fiction, realm of things, a plant that must have been some aliens experience gone wrong alien ship crashes into the creator near a secret military base in the middle of the desert surrounded by a strange and erie town with twilight zone music playing in the background you don't seem to notice munch at the begining except everyone is so quiet, and some rumors of towns poeple acting out of charactor. Also secret agants sealing your fridge from the welcome wagon placing something in your fridge leaving you a note we had to take your fridge because of the infection, so here is some money to buy another fridge, signed redicted agent. Can you discovor why poeple are acting so strange in strangerville? and what the military is hiding? Its up to you.

That is all the expansion packs and stuff packs, maybe my input will help you decide which packs you may be interested in getting. I can just blame the strange reactions between each pack on the strangeness surrounding Strangervillie and is easier than trying to come up with a solution of my own. I am not going to include the stuff packs because name speaks for itself plus the butler won't let me in the door and I lost my toddler that ran to the social worker because she wants her real parents, but I can't explain to her they died shortly after she was born. One last thing I do wish the story element of strangervillie could be unlocked for all worlds would really help us tell our stories.

Anyways I hope you liked how I explained each pack what I liked and what could have been added to make them better, but keep in mind what I said is only my opinion and others may have differeing views as I so please keep it civil thanks and I hope this helps though figure out what packs you want on your shopping list and what you can put in your bucket list for later or maybe never.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
Post edited by Sid1701D9 on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The alien occult is not in the BG. The green skin colour is, and that's what they used to fake aliens in the promotional trailers.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    The base game did have the alien aduptions, where male sims would be teleported up into a spaceship and impregnated and male sim had birth to the alien child, a pop up message came up and said do you want to keep the baby or send it to the homeworld. If you kept it the baby would just be a normal baby with green skin color, and if you didn't the alien would take it away. However Get To Work made them truely playable aliens with special powers.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    The base game did have the alien aduptions, where male sims would be plum up into a spaceship and impregnated and male sim had birth to the alien child, a pop up message came up and said do you want to keep the baby or send it to the homeworld. If you kept it the baby would just be a normal baby with green skin color, and if you didn't the alien would take it away. However Get To Work made them truely playable aliens with special powers.

No.That was all in GTW. Alien abductions are not BG content. The whole occult only came out in GTW. It's just a rectification to your guide.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    It don't matter when they came out I thought my sim got adumpted by aliens during the base game, they kept turning it on and off trying to ajust the frequences of the aduptions, but that all could have been a precurser to Get to Work too. I remember some poeple wanted to have control of the aduptions to turn it on and off and they where happy when GTW came out because the satilite dish game them that control, even though the aliens in the base game had no real power and was mostly humans in green skin, they didn't get their ocult status until Get to Work was released. I am trying to look to see when the abduptions started.

Edit I almost forgot if you watched the Gamescom trailer 2013 of the Sims you would think the Sims are the Aliens.

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    imma be real with you chief, i didn't read beyond the first paragraph. that's one long post.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    "The true simmers" are anyone and everyone who plays any iteration of the game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    It was just a overview of each game pack and expansion pack and my opinions about packs and if there is conflicts between the packs I noticed. I don't know why they can't test the new packs with all the packs to fix the old stuff that breaks, I stopped playing my Get Famous Family because I go to starlight acculode and my sims never get called.

• Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    imma be real with you chief, i didn't read beyond the first paragraph. that's one long post.

In all honesty, me neither, but I'm giving my 2 cents anyway. They know how to improve the game, the devs are competent enough to come up with good ideas, it's not a matter of lack of insight on their part, they simply must choose what makes the cut into their budget and what doesn't. EA wants to cash as much as possible pulling out as little content as they can to please their stockholders, rellying on the franchise name and so far it's working so hey good for them. I also love this game and I've been playing since the beginning, but it could've been so much better, for me it's clear enough they are not willing to put out much effort despise all the promotions they've been doing lately.
  • Options
    In a time when the economey is good in the USA and the Main Stream computers are catching up with the gaming computers because the internet is becoming more video streaming friendly and so are the main stream computers most Simulation games on the market now require at least a Nvidia or AMD dedicated card for best performace, but the Sims 4 is still stuck with its duo core requirement from base game release, that proccessor is like 10+ years old now. Intel duo core 2. They are missing the shot for big worlds playing around with the small useless worlds so they don't offend the random new poeple that are potential new gamers that pick random computers and want to play the game, but the truth is now is the time they can have it both way I do predict one day the gaming computers and the main stream computers will eventually converge as the office envirment gets more technical and they will need more powerful computers to run the new tech. When I look at the Game con Trailer for the Sims 4 the game don't remind me of that trailer its far from it. I hope someday it does, but not yet.

• Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    "The true simmers" are anyone and everyone who plays any iteration of the game.
    My thought exactly.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    talk about rebranding I wish they would rerelease the Sims 3 in true 64bit version you would have a really fast game, the major problem with TS3 is it woud crash when it reached 2,999mb

Edit: Thiis was meant to go to a different threat, but I thought if I reworded it would work here too.

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Why is this called "The True Simmers Just Want A Game That Functions"? It does not fit the theme at ALL. And the definition of "True Simmer" is any person who enjoys playing any iteration(s) of the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Because, I am trying to figure out if and when I should start a youtube channel, because its the only thing EA listens too, so I am wondering if I can start a youtube channel that maybe give me a chance to repersent the sims. Most people that play the game don't play the game live for everyone to watch. I want to repersent the non live game element that I think is drowned out by the poeple screaming on Youtube. I do like watching the content from the youtube channels, I just can't watch them all because they all have the same format for the lets plays, I want to do something that shakes things up. My major problem is every youtube video I have watched live streams on someone that disagrees with them calls the swat team, and that is just not cool to waste their time like that.

Edit: I did a few videos on twitch, but found out twitch deletes them after a while if you forget to save, them so I was going to try youtube.

Do you guys got any ideas?

• Options
    @nerdfashion , I think now the tittle fits the theme thanks for letting me know. I changed the tittle to this, "The True Simers guide to the Sims 4 Expansion packs Game packs and discusion"

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    @nerdfashion , I think now the tittle fits the theme thanks for letting me know. I changed the tittle to this, "The True Simers guide to the Sims 4 Expansion packs Game packs and discusion"

Perfecto.
    funny-gifs20.gif