Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Genies to be included in Realm of Magic GP ?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    No, I hate genies they are IRRELEVANT.
    I don't actually hate Genies, but I don't see what they have to do with witchcraft, and I don't see what they'd add meaningfully that the wishing-well genies from Romantic Garden don't already. I don't want any other supernaturals to be combined in a witches pack. I want the best witches ever, like we got the best vampires ever. I want lore-based complexity. And I feel that strongly, hence my poll choice.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Other...
    Witches and Fairies are my top 2. Werewolves would be #3. Genies would be around 4ish.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Why not but I would prefer another occult.
    If another occult is coming with Witches, it should be Werewolves
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    Yes since genies can grant wishes,clean your sims house and fix stuff.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Don't really care. I just want Witches.
    Only if they don't take anything away from witches.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No, I hate genies they are IRRELEVANT.
    I wouldn’t say I hate them or think they’re irrelevant; could be worded differently. But as I don’t care for them or want them, I chose this option.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    If we had them, fine, but I would rather have fairies and werewolves and I would not want to have them at the expense of the first two. And all this presupposes that witches are a definite in RoM. If there was any way witches were not included I would be both stunned and really angered. To me, witches come first.
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    I almost always played as a genie in TS3- instant cleaning (of house, genie sim, and other surrounding sims) perfect meals, as well as the ability to ensorcel other sims.. they are very OP and can let you explore other areas of the game in more depth because of it, if you are in that sort of mood.
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Other...
    No. I’d rather they have their own pack, tbh

—T
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    Yes please I love Genies in sims 3 I need Genies ^^ and I want fairies, wolves, witches and others magicals xD.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    YES !!! I love Genies !
    If they made them playable and actually put in the work to make the unique and interesting to play (forced to grant others wishes, a genie skill tree, working towards your freedom, being able to retreat to your lamp to fill needs, being able to get wishes from NPC genies, wishes being able to get go terrible wrong or bring about karmic justice) then they could be my actual favorite lifestate.

Likely they'd be more watered down though, and if we're getting a watered down lifestate I'd prefer fairies for the aesthetic.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    My 1st choice is fairies. I don't think I'd be playing with a genie much.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I feel it’s safe to assume that there will be more than just witches since they didn’t just call it “Witches” - but then, maybe it’s marketing and censorship in other countries. Either way, I really would only want fleshed out witches. The only other occult I’m okay with is werewolves as a curse.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I don't care and also probably I lack knowledge of Genies lore in general - what do they do other than messing up ppl's wishes?
    We already have the Wishing Well for that.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Other...
    It's possible... Personally, I'm sureI'd go out into the worlds, explore and try to obtain a Genie Lamp.
    Do I desire any of my sims to be a genie? Not really, no.

All that matters is we get a variety when it comes to the "Mystic" Life State
    Mystics are people who can achieve great power beyond belief. Rather it is their self belief that allows them to achieve absolute power.

So in CAS when Choosing the "Mystic" Life State, you could be asked to choose from a List of "Breeds" sort of like in Cats & Dogs, you can choose and customize your breed cat and dog. There are different breeds of Practitioners of Magic:

Mystic Pre-sets:
    Witch - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Dark Magic.
    Wizard - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Light Magic
    Druid - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Elemental Magic
    Enchanter - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Enchantments, Glamour Spells and Shape Shifting
    Alchemist - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Potion/Elixir, Curse/Poison Crafting
    Summoner - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Summoning and Conjuring
    Prophet - Choosing this practitioner provides a skill boost in Prophecies, and have a connections to the Divine
    Sorcerer - Choosing this practitioner provides an equal skill boost in all areas of Magic. (Light, Dark, The Elements, Enchantments, Alchemy, Summoning, Prophecy.

** Note Choosing one type of mystic doesn't mean you are bound to doing one type of magic, So if you choose to be a Witch, you can still do alchemy, and enchant, and summon, it just means your will excel at Dark Magic a lot more easily. If You are like me and don't agree with the preset You can rename the Preset to the title you want. So if you choose Sorcerer but still want to be called a "Witch" you can rename "Sorcerer" > "Witch."

And then we have the other forms of Magic:
    The Elven Life State:
    Goblin/Orc
    Elf
    Wood Elf
    High Elf
    Faerie

Genie - I feel like this one will have the Plant sim treatment. You find a magic lamp, and then potentially wish to become a genie of the lamp, or a Free Genie.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif