Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weirdest Bugs and How to Fix Them

AnakinCrywalker731AnakinCrywalker731 Posts: 26 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hi all, I thought this was an interesting topic that could also help some other simmers if they're experiencing any of the issues mentioned. What are some of the weirdest/most annoying glitches the game has thrown your way, and how did you manage to fix it?

Mine has been the trouble with aging up kids in the household, which I've heard is a glitch that entered the picture due to the Generations expansion. It's happened to me twice now. The first time was with a child that wouldn't age up into a teen. Every time I would have her blow out the candles (or even do the triggered age transition under testingcheatsenabled true), she would start to celebrate and then just go about her business without having changed at all. What's more, when I would try to enter CAS to turn her into a teen, it would stay in the loading screen without end. My solution to this problem ultimately ended up being a master town reset using nraas. After that, (resetting the sim alone wasn't enough) the age transition still didn't work, but I was able to edit her in CAS successfully. The remedy sufficed, but wasn't completely satisfactory, since the game wasn't going to give her more traits than what she had gotten as a child. Ultimately, I ended up doing away with her because I was afraid after hearing that this bug can supposedly spread to other sims in the town. The second experience I've had occurred just recently and with the same family. This time, though, I was able to effectively fix the problem. After I noticed my toddler wasn't aging up correctly, I went into Edit Town and saved a copy of the family to the bin. Then I moved them nextdoor to see if the copied version of the toddler would age up even though the original didn't. As it turned out, she transitioned into childhood just fine and was the same sim with all her prior memories, relationships, etc., so I just deleted the other members of the copied family, merged the child version into the original household, and deleted the toddler version. Now, after that lengthy story, :lol: I can gladly say that all is as it should be. :)<3

So again, I'm interested to hear, what are your most bizarre/frustrating game issues and the fixes (if any) you used to correct them?

EDIT: In hindsight, it was probably really stupid of me to think that having two copies of the same sim wouldn't cause further glitching or that trying to merge in the copied child seemlessly into the original family would happen just like that. As it turned out, there were problems with her relationships because she knew everyone as her relatives, but no one knew her. What I ended up doing was using testingcheatsenabled true to edit her in CAS so I could save her to the bin. Then I deleted her, created her in CAS, and placed her back into the household. Finally, I used Nraas to make her related to her two parents, which automatically made her the half-sibling of the others in the household like she was before. Problem solved. :smile:
Post edited by AnakinCrywalker731 on