Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelance Career - "promotions"

sorry, i dont know what other word to use other than promotion -
My sim is making about 6000 simoleons each gig he completes as a Programmer, has been doing this for 30 sim days. He HASN'T been "promoted" yet. i mean, his job status is still at O. am I missing something?

-Yarden.

Comments

• Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I don't think you get promotions so much as perks for maxing out the meter. First time I maxed it out I got the ability to overclock computers for a short time and an award; I think you get something new every time you max it (or at least the first few times you do).
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    > @Denimjo said:
    > I don't think you get promotions so much as perks for maxing out the meter. First time I maxed it out I got the ability to overclock computers for a short time and an award; I think you get something new every time you max it (or at least the first few times you do).

My freelance writer got the 'raised rates' message, and his level went up after he maxed the bar. BUT... he's not getting credit for the career level for the Renaissance Sim aspiration or Get Promoted resolution. Tried to MCCC and UI Extension a promotion. Level went up again. Still not credit for aspiration or resolution.

Tried another sim in a different career in the same household. Same save, same mods. Got credit for the aspiration and the resolution. So, no, there is no need to repair the game or remove mods. The issue is with how freelancer career levels are counted compared to the other careers.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It actually makes sense. If you're a freelancer, there's no one to promote you. You can maximize productivity though.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yep - there are no career ranks in Freelancer jobs. What you DO get, when you max your Job Performance meter, is an increase in base pay per gig completed. I had an aspiration for my Sim that required he reach Level 3 in two (later 3) different Careers (Renaissance Sim), and - being new to the game - moved him into Freelancing (digital artist track) and had to back out of it so he could have a job with promotions. I got him his 3 levels in Painting and Writing (skills he was already good at) quickly, and moved him back to Freelancing, where he remains.