Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't get it

So out of boredom, I decided to make yet another save where I place a bunch of the same sim everywhere. The first time around, I filled the empty houses and then the empty lots but then evicted the ones in the empty lots so that I could have some out of world sims. Well, when I began to play, none of them were really showing up anywhere other than nightclubs and parties (or as fans). Most of them filled in NPC roles. I then noticed that when nighttime rolled around, they'd all be out walking down the street! I figured maybe it was because that Sim used to be a vampire and vampires walk around at night.

Today I deleted all of the sims and made a new one from scratch, filled in the empty lots and homes yet again, but this time I evicted all of the sims and then re-filled just the houses so that I'd have more sims. Surely this sim would show up now because he's completely new, but nope, they still only show up at nightclubs and parties and they still walk around at night. I never see them in the day. I've done this without mods before and I still had the same experience. Would anyone happen to know why?
IMG-6587.gif

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Think I only ever encountered this problem was when I didn't set the limit of sims for the world and some would be stuck with a NPC role (if I didn't assign them a job already.)

Also, I didn't see most sims at times due to their job if they worked during the day.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Think I only ever encountered this problem was when I didn't set the limit of sims for the world and some would be stuck with a NPC role (if I didn't assign them a job already.)

Also, I didn't see most sims at times due to their job if they worked during the day.

Hm, that makes sense. I might try to add more whenever I don't feel lazy haha.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you want to try this out, have the sims in question register for a custom career title; you might be able to see them out more often, yet also not get tied down to an NPC role. So far for me at least, these sims with custom titles haven't been chosen for NPC roles and I do end up seeing them more.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    If you want to try this out, have the sims in question register for a custom career title; you might be able to see them out more often, yet also not get tied down to an NPC role. So far for me at least, these sims with custom titles haven't been chosen for NPC roles and I do end up seeing them more.

Dang! I should've known to do that before saving the new one to my library. Welp, time to delete and re-stock again! :D Thanks for te suggestion. :)
    IMG-6587.gif