Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the addition of the freelancer career?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I'm really excited, but wish they added more freelance option.
    Still waiting for the day I don't have to use mods for this game. I'm pretty sure they're relying on them these days and giving us "basic" releases that aren't fleshed out.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I have seen plenty of times on here people begging the devs to overhaul bg careers so that they weren't strictly rabbit holes. Now they've done that by adding this option, which was likely the least expensive and time consuming way to do it, and they're giving it to us for free along with a lot of other stuff and people are complaining that it's not good enough for them? Wow! :o the sense of entitlement of some people is really astonishing.

I wouldn't say we are acting entitled. We are simply stating our opinions and why we feel the way we do. We aren't insulting anyone that does want this. I even admitted that perhaps there must be more to it than just what was discussed here. If there is then great - that may make it worth it. We are all players - we all want different things. We should be alright with that. I am not going to insult the people that DO want this just because I think it's redundant. The players I don't think asked for this - they are being given it and that's okay. They more than likely didn't even know it was going to be an option. But when I weigh this against more things for elders, more spots to take vacations, education related things (including professions and zones), new lot types, new skill sets etc then my honest opinion is that I find this lacking. I am not going to apologize for that.

Again...they're giving it to you for free! I was brought up that when someone gives you a gift, you don't complain about it, you say thank you. They could, and probably should based on many of the prevailing attitudes in these forums, just drop bug fixes (which according to SimGuruNick, this will be a huge hug fixing patch in addition to all the freebies) and any other content should be paid content. Because I honestly don't see why they should bother doing the extra niceties considering all the plum they get in return.

I don’t mean to sound insensitive but you must have missed the part where Sims 4 is a live service game and a part of that is patch content, or engagement content.

This content is not free - it was included in the service we paid for that EA mandated for this game, among many others. I get irked when I see people tossing around the old “they don’t have to release content in patches”- because that’s literally a part of the live service model. These aren’t gifts - although they can be presented as such, this is a business transaction. They are recognizing revenue for these additions. At no point are they just the development team being nice. They are there to make people boot up the game every once and awhile.

Way to rain on our parade...

Well I’m sorry but it is true. I just think it’s wrong to call other players ungrateful for not liking whatever is patched in and acting as if the developers are going above and beyond to deliver what has been promised since Day 1 - content and features added in patches and longer support for the game.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My vote is Why are they even doing this? It's unnecessary so tired of careers its about all we seem to get instead of them fixing the Sims themselves or adding things in like cars and unleashed babies its toss in another career and a chair.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I'm over the moon about everything in this career!
    Super excited about this career, love being able to work when you want to work. I just started the career today, I started with the Painter(My Sim loves to paint) I really love it he makes over 3000 a day, I think that is awesome.
  • Options
    LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    As a freelancer, I'm really happy about this.

I just wish it wasn't so limited to picking only one option (as I certainly don't close myself off like that), or that there were one or two more branch options like music producing/composing for example.
    qmKQpYB.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well I must admit, I play the Sims 3 more then Sim 4, but I keep coming back to find something that would draw me more to Sims 4. And this is it. I am excited about this new Freelance Careers, because since sims 1, non of my sims have ever worked. I have done a 26 gen. A to Z with no one working, and just makes it so much easier, My sims do all three, paint, write and computer. Love, it, love it, love it. Now they can make even more money. Just found this today, as I am doing a abandon Island challenge in both 3 and 4, to see what one I really like, Some how I am leaning toward sims 4 on this one, I am using the Island in Windenburg and deleted the residential lots. So today I just found this about the Freelance careers, and it might be the thing that brings me back to Sims 4. I am so happy that I believe you can take the easel with you. Wow that is a great step for me. I have not fully looked into it as yet, but like what I am reading about all of the careers. This is a over the moon for me so far. Can't wait to get started.
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I was never too excited about the freelancer careers, I'm not really bothered by them I just wasn't that excited by them either just a 'oh okay.' started up the game to look at the new bb and CAS items but thats about all I've done with the sims 4 since that update.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I like them but just hope they do patch in more. Photographer, carpenter, angler would be 3 more base game freelance options.
    Baker, home retail (etsy, send goods at mailbox make to deadlines), private eye would work as 3 for get to work etc.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I'm over the moon about everything in this career!
    I am kind of upset since freelancer hadn't come to console yet. When!?!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    It's free, so what's there to complain about? Any free content is awesome. I'm not picky. It adds to my game and I don't have to pay for it? That's a win for me!