Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nanny problems

So I hired a nanny for the newborn but the nanny never did anything he just sent in my library reading books letting the child cry is this a bug or is this just a bad nanny?

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I have never had good experiences with nannies - I only really use them if I have toddlers because then I can be the toddler and ask for food and drink and play/stories etc.. but I do this because I don't have great experiences with the nanny situation
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I've only used nannies a couple of times and they seem to do everything but look after any children.
  • Options
    UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Yeah Nannies are a waste of time and Simolians - I've never had a good one. Plus you are supposed to be able to tell a Butler to do things for the children but mine have only pulled a face and refused to do them. So it looks like we're on our own folks :p
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • Options
    AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    So butlers are useless to?
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    Yeah, they are just random townie NPC's and don't seem to have any specific programming related to the job they are supposed to be doing.. They maybe some very basic tweaks to a.i. but nothing as specific as in past games.
  • Options
    lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    I’ve only had a handful of nannies actually do what they’re supposed to. I just send to daycare mostly, I cheat my toddler’s needs to full first though because they never actually go to green while they’re there
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    One Nanny I had made me lose my sim's child to social services and then came back for days afterward trying to pick up my sim's husband. I had a really good Nanny who worked hard but now the oldest child has aged up to a teen she calls to spend time with him, invites him to her house and out to parties etc and is generally flirty when he is around even though adults aren't supposed to interact with teens this way. so no more Nanny for that family
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm having lousy nanny issues too. I was using them just fine for a while, but just now I went through 2 back to back. I have triplets and they're all on the same schedule and when they kicked off again I didn't feel like dealing with it and called one. One I've gotten often came, walked past the 3 screaming babies and tried to strike up a convo with my mom Sim. I locked the gym room door and she headed straight to the kitchen, again past 3 screaming babies, made food and left it on a filthy counter, sat down and started a movie! I yelled at her and fired her. She proclaimed everything to be in order before leaving! 😲
    Nanny #2 arrived, another one I've had before. He sauntered past the 3 screaming babies and tried to converse with Mom. I cancelled it and he immediately tried to converse with Dad. Fed up, I shouted forbidden words at him and fired him. 😠🤬
    That one was our nanny so long that the option to ask him to move in came up! He called to visit when he wasn't on duty and invited both of the parents to several events. Maybe once they get friendly with the family they start acting like it and forget they're hired help.

I want an option for nannies and butlers and such, so my Sim can remind them and tell them to do their job. If they don't, second one is to tell them to do their job or get out. I've had nannies that started cooking and inexplicably wandered off and left it half done til they left. This is unacceptable. 😡😡
  • Options
    kat_kat_ Posts: 8 New Member
    Stuff like this is why I almost never use nannies. Won’t use butlers either.
  • Options
    UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    I drowned a Butler once coz she was lazy and when I fired her and hired another - back she came. Over and over, boy did I enjoy watching her drown. >:)
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • Options
    GetmymoneyrightGetmymoneyright Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok guys…this don’t seem like a bug, or random, or a glitch, but a pattern.

For real for real.

I have the most expensive house possible FYI, too many rooms to count right now, and still expanding. My butler has an apartment better than many sims on our property, guest house.

My butler was always just in the way when I asked him to take care of my toddler and newborn. By that I mean he would just stand in front of the crib while the newborn is crying. I wouldn’t be able to feed or tend to my baby’s needs, unless I told him to “stop attending to minors”. Which rendered him useless because he doesn’t do anything I ask.

I don’t even pay him. So? Ok I guess it was for aesthetics. But I couldn’t even focus on that because I hired a nanny to help out. Because the toddlers are very difficult to take care of, even when they are sweet and angelic.

They get sad.

So…when I say things got weird. I mean I really gave her the benefit of the doubt for a long time while she was farting and waving it in my son’s face. She might put in him the high chair, when he is starving, when I’m too exhausted and about to pass out. On the verge of starving in “24” hours. Behind trying to protect my kid….SHE WOULD WAVE A FART IN HIS MOUTH WHILE HE WAS IN THE HIGH CHAIR. As if to say….here’s your food.

Normally, I play without cheats. I was playing this without cheats. I like XBOX ACHIEVEMENTS. I’m gonna to make S(ho)re this ugly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dies from embarrassment now. I’m glad that’s an option.

But wait there’s more for this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Nanny.

I caught her with her 🐸🐸🐸🐸 directly in my son’s face. In my mind I was like get the F off of him in astonishment at the positioning. And she literally glitched a few feet off of him. Didn’t even walk backwards or nothing.

Then glitched holds him. Im tapping over and over to take control of my toddler sim. IT WOULD NOT EVEN LET ME SELECT HIM for a while to ask to be put down. In a nutshell I really was going to stick around to catch this on tape. Pero um…instead.

If anyone wants to see a nanny die. I got that video Review that the next time they think it’s funny.

And it’s funny they made so difficult for me to kill her naturally that I had to cheat. Oh well. There goes my Xbox achievements.

Sims 4 child abuse isn’t a story line we want our game. So sad that you do.

Because obviously from reading the various posts on nanny problems, your best and most stupid response is move. Even though she comes back when you fire her. Brings a friend to tag team and contribute. And I know some of you with toddler Sims can relate. Because I read that your going through the same thing.

1 post represents 1000 ppl

This isn’t a bug. It’s programmed into the nanny system. Whilst making toddlers unusually difficult to attend to and keep happy.

Don’t make me hate you.
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I've noticed that my nanny will clean the house while I'm away, but will never tend to the child. I don't bother with nannies anymore. I've also noticed this with maids. Some maids just aren't good at their jobs either.