Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCs Marriages are wild

M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
MCCC allows NPCs can get married and have kids by themselves and I'm LIVING for it. Usually, my sim goes and date Don Lothario for a bit but (in my game) he moved out of the Caliente house and married someone called Sara. Akira Kibo also got married and I'm now best friends with his wife who is now pregnant with twins. For some reason it's the NPCs are growing up and becoming real people :smiley:

Thoughts?
hope you all are smiling x
Post edited by M_Valentine22 on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    One of the new updates is NPCs can get married and have kids by themselves and I'm LIVING for it. Usually, my sim goes and date Don Lothario for a bit but (in my game) he moved out of the Caliente house and married someone called Sara. Akira Kibo also got married and I'm now best friends with his wife who is now pregnant with twins. For some reason it's the NPCs are growing up and becoming real people :smiley:

Thoughts?

Hugh? Since when can sims in TS4 even do that?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I think you downloaded a mod that allows story progression. MCCC maybe?
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I love MCCC! It's great seeing who the townies interconnect with esp when a Landgraab marries a Bailey or a Goth and I'm busy tracking them down to see who is whose relations lol.
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    MCCC allows NPCs can get married and have kids by themselves and I'm LIVING for it. Usually, my sim goes and date Don Lothario for a bit but (in my game) he moved out of the Caliente house and married someone called Sara. Akira Kibo also got married and I'm now best friends with his wife who is now pregnant with twins. For some reason it's the NPCs are growing up and becoming real people :smiley:

Thoughts?
    @M_Valentine22
    I use MCCC as well and love the story progression that comes with it. The results are sometimes awesome, sometimes confounding and always interesting! Before TS4 was released, I was on baby #33 of a 100 Baby Challenge in TS3. I used Twallan's mods and his story progression made my story so much more interesting than it would've been because of the relationships it formed with NPCs. For example, my primary sim, Jill, who was the Mom in the story, had a lot of ex-boyfriends in town (as you would imagine with a 100 Baby Challenge). To make room in the house for new babies, Jill had to kick her eldest kids out once they became young adults. Then Twallan's mod had free reign to set up relationships for the grown kids.

When I went to check on how the grown kids were doing, I found one of the daughters was pregnant by her boyfriend. So, Jill became a grandmother (without my intervention). Another one of her daughters was in a relationship with one of the mother's ex-boyfriends. :blush: I would've never dreamed of doing that on my own, but it added a lot of drama to the story. I won't play the Sims without my mods because I love the unexpected drama that their story progression provides. The towns are much more vibrant because people get together, have kids, etc. As you said, they become more like real people! :smile:

I guess I had a lot of thoughts. LOL.
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    MCCC married Mila Munch and Don Lothario. All I could think was "yikes."
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    The first time I got MCCC I had no idea what all the settings did. The next day I got notifications of 20 couples marrying. There was barely any singles left in the town, I had to redo the settings 😅 the couples were weird as hell too, elders marrying young adults
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MCCC likes to set up Judith Ward with Don Lothario in my game. It's hilarious!

At one point, MCCC made one of my Sims pregnant with Pierce Delgato's baby (he was a YA and so was she). When I went to move him in to their house and get them together... I'd discovered he'd already married Judith Ward.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It set Vladislaus Straud up with Marcus Flex at least twice. One time they only got married after Straud had had a child with both Summer Holiday and Liberty Lee.
  • Options
    LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    It set Vladislaus Straud up with Marcus Flex at least twice. One time they only got married after Straud had had a child with both Summer Holiday and Liberty Lee.
    @QueenMercy, this cracked me up! I guess some things are just meant to be. :D
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Thoughts?

MCC is not for me. I don't play with aging on so don't care about progression on npc's. Mostly, I delete them or at the very least send them to the not in world bin. I work my game as playing the whole world and how I choose for them to be a part of each other's lives and the direction I think for them when I create them.

I couldn't stand it if the game messed that up. This is an ongoing save. I make the sims I want to be there for each other when I choose to play that particular angle of my game dependent on the content that comes out. A lot of my sims are still waiting for THEIR content to shine with. So no. I would be upset if the game played them without me.

No to SP. I suppose I would feel different if I only played one household. But I don't. I play the whole world.

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Mccc ALWAYS marries Candy to Mitchel Kalani... in every single save I have.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I cannot play without some kind of story progression, and I love MCCC for that! I've seen Sims married to different spouses across different saves, and the outcomes are always interesting. I feel like no matter who gets paired together, they always have beautiful children too! They grow up into very good looking young adults and I'm just amazed with it. My only complaint is how it seems like nobody is left single, though I changed it so young adults won't get married off because of that issue. Now I just have to wait and see if it works out the way I hope once I start playing the next generation in my save.
  • Options
    1998Ruby19981998Ruby1998 Posts: 22 Member
    Does MCCC work on Mac? I once tried to download the Cats and Dogs mod, but failed.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    MCCC married Mila Munch and Don Lothario. All I could think was "yikes."

Mine married Maaike Haas & Jaques Villareal and they had twins. It was a head scratcher for sure.
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I love MCCC. It's made my Legacy playthrough feel much more alive as descendants who I moved out of the legacy house still go on to have kids and get married, and I get little notifications about what they're up to. I use PlumBobApp to chart my family tree... it's sprawling at this point. My Legacy Founder has over 50 descendants across seven generations!
    lgYUYx0.jpg