Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Script Mods Not Working

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DreamdiorrrDreamdiorrr Posts: 2 New Member
    @logion i found the problem. I had to take the mod out the folder .
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    The only way my game save will load is if I leave my Mods folder out of the Sims 4 folder, or keep it unchecked so that the game doesn't 'see' it. MCCC is supposed to be compatible. Same with Private Practice; Mortem; and Sims National Bank & Bills. I've wasted a day spinning my wheels. I really don't want to start a brand new game save, which was the ONLY way I could resolve issues after the debacle of the EL patch. I've been all of this time trying to get this household through Uni and back to where they were when the patch for EL hit. I'm tired. I'm too tired to even cry.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OrkkieOrkkie Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm trying to get my script mods to work. I put them in the same folder as my CC. (Mod folder) My script mods show up as script mods in game. But they do not change anything? Do I unzip my folders that contain my script mods?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Orkkie wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my script mods to work. I put them in the same folder as my CC. (Mod folder) My script mods show up as script mods in game. But they do not change anything? Do I unzip my folders that contain my script mods?

Yes, you need to unzip them and make sure that they are no more than one folder deep inside your Mod's folder.
  • Options
    jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    Who has Wonderful Whims and could help me out? In game, everything else shows, but the Kaya Period Tracker isn't showing up on the phone. Both packages of wonderful whims are through this: Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/WonderfulWhims Mod

I have a Mac, and have been checking the last date updated. I know it says to unzip, but my program doesen't have that option. the download goes straight to downloads and basically does it for me before moving the package and ts4script into the wonderfulwhims mod folder.
  • Options
    Another mod I am having troubles with is that when a sim gets kidnapped in the extreme violent mod by Sacrificial, that kidnapped sim gets added on to my household that I am playing. I have to remove them from my household using MCCC. I can see it happening once, but to happen 4 times during my game play, is quite annoying.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Another mod I am having troubles with is that when a sim gets kidnapped in the extreme violent mod by Sacrificial, that kidnapped sim gets added on to my household that I am playing. I have to remove them from my household using MCCC. I can see it happening once, but to happen 4 times during my game play, is quite annoying.

This mod changes the T for teen rating of the game, so we can’t talk about it in the forums.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Sorry! I didn't know. I will see about getting an answer differently.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Sorry! I didn't know. I will see about getting an answer differently.

If you go to his website @jamie_pauly9682 under his social media tab at the top there’s a link to his Discord channel. That’s probably the best place to get an answer.
  • Options
    dareall1dareall1 Posts: 2 New Member
    my sims 4 wont make a 'Resource.cfg file in the mods file created what am i doing wrong started game mulipe time enabled mods and everything please help
  • Options

Sorry, I just saw this. Have you contacted Sacrificial?
  • Options
    dareall1 wrote: »
    my sims 4 won't make a 'Resource.cfg file in the mods file created what am I doing wrong started game multiple time enabled mods and everything please help

You could try a couple of things. Repair your game by right-clicking on The Sims 4 and choosing Repair Game from the drop-down menu, when that is done, open and close your game.

If that doesn't work reset your Sims 4 folder by moving your Tray, Mods, Saves, and Screenshots *if you have them* folders to desktop, delete your Sims 4 folder, and open and close your game. Now copy back those folders.
  • Options
    _zoink__zoink_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently downloaded a hair cc. One of them is just completely blank and makes my sim look bald, the other adds this really weird question mark overlay. I have other mods and other hair cc and they work just fine, I don't know why this is glitched.
  • Options
    _zoink_ wrote: »
    I recently downloaded a hair cc. One of them is just completely blank and makes my sim look bald, the other adds this really weird question mark overlay. I have other mods and other hair cc and they work just fine, I don't know why this is glitched.

You probably need to download the mesh. Go back to the page you downloaded the hair from and they should have a link for the original mesh.
  • Options
    punkte123punkte123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I moved my sims 4 to my new computer. I moved the mods, saves and tray folder, too. Everything works fine except for "wonderful whims". Does somebody have an idea why and what I can do?
  • Options
    punkte123 wrote: »
    Hi I moved my sims 4 to my new computer. I moved the mods, saves and tray folder, too. Everything works fine except for "wonderful whims". Does somebody have an idea why and what I can do?

I would suggest deleting the mod and your localthumbcache.package file and then downloading the mod again
  • Options
    scarlettevie123scarlettevie123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i'm new to the forum and idk how to make a new discussion. Has anyone else had their sims hair going spiky and eyes going black/glitching? Its strange because it happens even when i disable mods. My sims look fine in cas, then i play the game and it goes crazy. is their any cc that has been known for doing this? is this happening to anyone else's game? thanks
  • Options
    SilverSnake8002SilverSnake8002 Posts: 3 New Member
    None of my script mods work; they are directly in the Mods folder, script mods are enabled and I know the mod isn't broken because a youtuber posting currently uses it and it works there. I have repeatedly deleted it and redownloaded it, even from a different site, so I think the problem is something in the game. Other mods work, for some reason it's just the script mods. My game is up to date and the computer I use isn't too old either. Have I forgotten something, and if so can you help me? :s
  • Options
    > @SilverSnake8002 said:
    > None of my script mods work; they are directly in the Mods folder, script mods are enabled and I know the mod isn't broken because a youtuber posting currently uses it and it works there. I have repeatedly deleted it and redownloaded it, even from a different site, so I think the problem is something in the game. Other mods work, for some reason it's just the script mods. My game is up to date and the computer I use isn't too old either. Have I forgotten something, and if so can you help me? :s

I think I've worked it out, my mods are in zipped format and I'll try to place the contents but it might not work
  • Options
    > @punkte123 said:
    > Hi I moved my sims 4 to my new computer. I moved the mods, saves and tray folder, too. Everything works fine except for "wonderful whims". Does somebody have an idea why and what I can do?

I'm having that problem too, but if it's in zipped format, then you need to you need to unzip them and then place the contents. If this isn’t the case, the mods will fail to work. Otherwise, I can't help. (I haven't tried this just yet, but I'm quite sure this is the problem)