Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Directing Dancing sims across the dance floor

I'm sure this would be fairly involved to set up, but it's ideas, that's what we do here. :tongue: I was thinking about it while mindlessly watching a couple of sims dance at a stereo and thinking how awesome it would be if I could not only tell them to dance together (physically, not just "dancing out of sync at the same time"), but... far more importantly, if I could tell them where to dance to in a physical space and even tell them what kind of dances moves they're allowed to use to get from point A to point B.

I know Get Together has some possible in-sync dance moves, but these are all in place. Cool to look at the first few times, probably great for machinima and the like, but I would love to be able to direct it more.

My general thought was, you set it up like a Go Here interaction and the sim automatically chooses from dance moves you've allowed to "Go Here." Sort of a "multiple possible walkstyles" kind of thing (or one walkstyle with variations of movement within it - whatever works better). If they could do it together, that would be even more amazing (though I'm sure that'd be the most involved part to program, as there's not really "together movement" in walkstyles outside of carrying toddlers).

Then you (you, meaning you the player) could sort of create your own dances in real-time by telling the sims to move around as you want them to. You say Go Here (or, well... "Dance Here" or something :tongue: ), they dance there and choose from the type of moves you've allowed, creating unique dances and movements.
Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io