Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good computer to run sims 4 and all expansions packs?

Comments

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    China wrote: »
    CABAL wrote: »
    Don't bother with prebuilts, they're a waste of money. Build your PC by getting parts separately. That said, Sims 4 isn't really a demanding game, if that's the only game you really want to play on your PC getting overpriced video cards or CPU which can handle even the most broken and demanding console ports isn't worth it. You can play the game even using 10 years old GPU just fine, for example.

Can you explain what hardware you have? One thing I can say for sure is that even semi-old (5 years old) i5 CPU is enough for the game, add to that 8 GB of RAM. As for GPU, depends from prices. I'm pretty sure that, say, GTX 770 can easily handle the game, but likely there are better newer cards which are priced the same. Or there is even GTX 660 which should be very cheap to get and can handle the game without any issue as well, from what I saw the game had no low FPS drops on 1920x1080 resolution. As for SSD the only reason to get one is if you want to make loading times short.

Build a computer? I don’t think I could lol I’m not very patient or good with building things.

And it's just as expensive. My son was going to do this and had to stop because it was getting upwards of 1000 dollars and he still needed a few things. A few costly things. You can buy a prebuilt PC for your price range that will work, you just gotta shop around.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    No it's not, here...
    c05539480_1750x1285.jpg
    I use it and it's good so far. No lags, crushes and graphics on ultra.

How much is that?

That's nearly 1400 dollars so no. lol
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yeah, this should also work. :)

Thank you for checking!!! Just one more question do you think the graphic card is good I looked for what you said I just don’t knw if it’s a old one.

It has an AMD RX 580. It's a very good dedicated graphic cards. Most people only mention Nvidia, but AMD will run the game fine. This one, the RX 580, is the newest in the AMD line. AMD usually runs cheaper than Nvidia, but they are still good cards. It will run the game on Ultra, with CC fine (aside from normal game issues that have nothing to do with specs).

Omg thank you so much!! I finally found my computer to play the sims!!!! Yay

You're welcome :)

CyberPower PC
    1tb HDD (Boot Drive) 7200Rpm
    AMD 6300 FX 6-Core Processor
    GA-970A -DS3P Motherboard
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

I would get at least a 12 GB ram.
  • Options
    ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    What’s a good desktop or laptop to run the sims 4? Tag in links please. The price could range from $700-$800 US dollars. I’m trying to run the sims on high settings with allot of custom content. Thank you

My Dell is 4 years old, almost 5, and it runs the game on high everything. It's an i5, 12 gig hard drive, 1tb memory (I think I got that not mixed up)...but I think the difference here is that I have a good video card....you can't go wrong with Nvidia. Period.

So it’s mostly about how good your video card is?
  • Options
    CABAL wrote: »
    Don't bother with prebuilts, they're a waste of money. Build your PC by getting parts separately. That said, Sims 4 isn't really a demanding game, if that's the only game you really want to play on your PC getting overpriced video cards or CPU which can handle even the most broken and demanding console ports isn't worth it. You can play the game even using 10 years old GPU just fine, for example.

Can you explain what hardware you have? One thing I can say for sure is that even semi-old (5 years old) i5 CPU is enough for the game, add to that 8 GB of RAM. As for GPU, depends from prices. I'm pretty sure that, say, GTX 770 can easily handle the game, but likely there are better newer cards which are priced the same. Or there is even GTX 660 which should be very cheap to get and can handle the game without any issue as well, from what I saw the game had no low FPS drops on 1920x1080 resolution. As for SSD the only reason to get one is if you want to make loading times short.

Build a computer? I don’t think I could lol I’m not very patient or good with building things.

And it's just as expensive. My son was going to do this and had to stop because it was getting upwards of 1000 dollars and he still needed a few things. A few costly things. You can buy a prebuilt PC for your price range that will work, you just gotta shop around.

Wow so it’s really no point.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Thank you for checking!!! Just one more question do you think the graphic card is good I looked for what you said I just don’t knw if it’s a old one.

It has an AMD RX 580. It's a very good dedicated graphic cards. Most people only mention Nvidia, but AMD will run the game fine. This one, the RX 580, is the newest in the AMD line. AMD usually runs cheaper than Nvidia, but they are still good cards. It will run the game on Ultra, with CC fine (aside from normal game issues that have nothing to do with specs).

CyberPower PC
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

It's a good graphic card, but I honestly wouldn't go that low on the processor. With an AMD processor, you don't want to go any lower than the AMD FX 8350. I have the 8350 and it's a great processor. Now, having said that, the 6300 will run the game, on high settings. My husband has the 6300 and plays the game on high no problem (he has it paired with an R9 280X). But, me - personally - would rather get a new processor (either Intel or AMD Ryzen).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2019
    What’s a good desktop or laptop to run the sims 4? Tag in links please. The price could range from $700-$800 US dollars. I’m trying to run the sims on high settings with allot of custom content. Thank you

My Dell is 4 years old, almost 5, and it runs the game on high everything. It's an i5, 12 gig hard drive, 1tb memory (I think I got that not mixed up)...but I think the difference here is that I have a good video card....you can't go wrong with Nvidia. Period.

No. All the components of a pc matter.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

CyberPower PC
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

It's a good graphic card, but I honestly wouldn't go that low on the processor. With an AMD processor, you don't want to go any lower than the AMD FX 8350. I have the 8350 and it's a great processor. Now, having said that, the 6300 will run the game, on high settings. My husband has the 6300 and plays the game on high no problem (he has it paired with an R9 280X). But, me - personally - would rather get a new processor (either Intel or AMD Ryzen).

Okay thank you. Wow I wish I could know this information☹️
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No it's not, here...
    c05539480_1750x1285.jpg
    I use it and it's good so far. No lags, crushes and graphics on ultra.

How much is that?

That's nearly 1400 dollars so no. lol

Yeah it is a bit expansive, glad that I had it on a massive sale :sweat_smile:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I have tried to purchase good but fairly priced PC's and laptops in the past to run sims. I never found one that worked for me until I upped my budget. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been running sims on my Alienware M15 laptop. I recently upgraded to a new 1tb SSD. NEVER, and I mean NEVER have I fully experienced the game till I upgraded. I have every EP, GP and SP, I run it with all the graphics on very high setting, and have mods and cc. Not to mention I have a ton of other games that are probably just as had to run (ex: fallout 4, assassins creed origins, and gta5.. etc.) The graphics alone are breathtaking, not to mention the game is sooooo smooth, and I have virtually no loading time. If you can afford to wait a little while and save a little more, I definitely recommend getting as much power as you can. You will be extremely satisfied. (I know I am).
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    frog211frog211 Posts: 110 Member
    could you tell us your budget?
  • Options
    Corenren wrote: »
    I have tried to purchase good but fairly priced PC's and laptops in the past to run sims. I never found one that worked for me until I upped my budget. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been running sims on my Alienware M15 laptop. I recently upgraded to a new 1tb SSD. NEVER, and I mean NEVER have I fully experienced the game till I upgraded. I have every EP, GP and SP, I run it with all the graphics on very high setting, and have mods and cc. Not to mention I have a ton of other games that are probably just as had to run (ex: fallout 4, assassins creed origins, and gta5.. etc.) The graphics alone are breathtaking, not to mention the game is sooooo smooth, and I have virtually no loading time. If you can afford to wait a little while and save a little more, I definitely recommend getting as much power as you can. You will be extremely satisfied. (I know I am).

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m43.l1123/7?euid=f5860d2692e7408c95c895d55541717d&bu=44770519418&loc=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323584933651&sojTags=bu=bu
  • Options

I ordered a gaming computer.
    Intel core I7-7700, Gtx 1060, 16Gb ram, 1tb hdd with a 258 SD SOMETHING I FORGOT
  • Options
    frog211 wrote: »
    could you tell us your budget?

I already posted my budget but I found a desktop
  • Options
    I have tried to purchase good but fairly priced PC's and laptps in the past to run sims. I never found one that worked for me until I upped my budget. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been running sims on my Alienware M15 laptop. I recently upgraded to a new 1tb SSD. NEVER, and I mean NEVER have I fully experienced the game till I upgraded. I have every EP, GP and SP, I run it with all the graphics on very high setting, and have mods and cc. Not to mention I have a ton of other games that are probably just as had to run (ex: fallout 4, assassins creed origins, and gta5.. etc.) The graphics alone are breathtaking, not to mention the game is sooooo smooth, and I have virtually no loading time. If you can afford to wait a little while and save a little more, I definitely recommend getting as much power as you can. You will be extremely satisfied. (I know I am).

Intel core I7-7700, Gtx 1060, 16Gb ram, 1tb hdd with a 258 SD SOMETHING I FORGOT

I’m going to update the graphics when I can
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Those specs are fine. No need to upgrade the GTX 1060.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Those specs are fine. No need to upgrade the GTX 1060.

Okay thank you!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member

This one doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, which is an immediate no for PC gaming. Especially now that Sims 4 has Seasons. You'll want something with at least a GTX 1050 Ti or a Radeon.

Given the same amount of computing power, laptops tend to be more expensive than desktops, but they offer portability. If you don't need portability, I recommend just getting a desktop since they're cheaper.

For gaming laptops, I've had my Asus ROG for over a year and it works wonderfully for games, especially with an SSD. For your budget, this one is a little bit over, but it should do the job fine: https://www.amazon.com/i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Gigabit-Windows/dp/B07DY11M1F/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546502712&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+rog&refinements=p_36:-80000

It only has 256 GB of space, but it's an SSD so it should run games fast. I'm not sure if you can expand this, so if you don't need much space, this should be okay.

For desktops, this one looks like a good value: https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8060A5-i5-8400-GeForce/dp/B0757DVF4Z/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546503888&sr=1-1&keywords=gaming+desktop&refinements=p_n_condition-type:6461716011,p_36:-100000,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289792011|2289793011&th=1

It has a small SSD so it boots fast plus a 1 TB hard drive, which is where you can install your games. It's also a little over budget, but it looks good. The processor is just an i5, but I think that should be enough for Sims 4.

I have a GTX 660 and it handles Seasons fine. It's a high end card but yeah the 1050 TI and Greater are really good cards. Most new pcs now are coming with the 1060 and 1070 TI Cards and also I recommend an I7 Processor to anyone buying a PC to play TS4. I also recommend atleast 8gbs of ram minium but prefer 12 or more.
  • Options

CyberPower PC
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

RX is a Radien Card right? Radien doesn't do as well as Nvidea Cards for TS4 although some people claim it works fine on their pc with the Sims 4.
  • Options

No you also have to consider ram and processor power as well.
  • Options
    Look up at the previous post on the 2nd page I wrote my new desktop specs but thank you for the info.

CyberPower PC
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

RX is a Radien Card right? Radien doesn't do as well as Nvidea Cards for TS4 although some people claim it works fine on their pc with the Sims 4.

• Options

Okay thanks does the computer monitor matter too?

• Options
    Look up at the previous post on the 2nd page I wrote my new desktop specs but thank you for the info.

CyberPower PC
    RX560 Graphics Card
    8 GB DDR3 Ram
    Is this good?

Yes just saw. Everything looks good. Ultra is the highest you can play on in TS4.
  • Options

Not really but it will look better on a higher end monitor to your eyes. For picture taking though it will look the same on any monitor.
  • Options

Not really but it will look better on a higher end monitor to your eyes. For picture taking though it will look the same on any monitor.

You think I could use my tv for awhile before I buy my monitor?