Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrities are ruining retail

Whenever a celebrity NPC is spawned as a costumer it's impossible to interact with them. There's no way for my sim to do any retail interactions! I don't know if the employees can get to them either. Retail was completely overlooked by the Gurus when it comes to Get Famous, it's impossible to sell whatever it is to a celebrity, I just have to tell them to leave my store otherwise they are going to get mad at me for not helping them with an item they are trying to buy.

Can this be fixed please? Or are we going to have to wait 10 years like everything else?
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    @Sigzy05 Does this affect every retail interaction?
    Besides "Greet Customer", does it also affect socials like "Ask About Price Range"?
    And does it also prevent Ringing Up the customer?

Anyways, you should head on over to the AHQ and make a thread there about this issue, with the details you've found.
    Here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 Does this affect every retail interaction?
    Besides "Greet Customer", does it also affect socials like "Ask About Price Range"?
    And does it also prevent Ringing Up the customer?

Anyways, you should head on over to the AHQ and make a thread there about this issue, with the details you've found.
    Here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

There is no "greet costumer" interaction with celebrities even. The retail interactions are totally inaccessible if your sim doesn't know the celebrity.

You can ring them but they have to autonomously want to buy an item, which is almost impossible.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    More than just retail they are ruining. A simple lot trait that bans celebrities would go a long way to preventing their unwanted mayhem from appearing.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I noticed this today. Also, the irritating amount of Paparazzi and fans swarming the shop so I can't get to a customer in time.

I would like to see a celebrity ban lot trait too!!
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    I haven't tested this but, what happens if your sim is a high level celebrity and runs a retail store? Does it cause exactly the same mayhem to the point it becomes an absolute pain to run a store because everyone is fainting? lol
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's a shame they didn't integrate the two packs better. I mean, having a celebrity shop at a retail outlet should be GOOD for business, and they could have so easily put in some code to accommodate that fact....instead, it seems like they totally forgot about retail (and restaurants, etc.) when designing how celebrity interactions and reactions would work.

Here's hoping we get a good fix that accounts for the potential here, rather than just a simple quick fix.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It's a shame they didn't integrate the two packs better. I mean, having a celebrity shop at a retail outlet should be GOOD for business, and they could have so easily put in some code to accommodate that fact....instead, it seems like they totally forgot about retail (and restaurants, etc.) when designing how celebrity interactions and reactions would work.

Here's hoping we get a good fix that accounts for the potential here, rather than just a simple quick fix.

It does seem that very little thought is put on how new packs interact with existing content, and then those issues get put under the "not important" list and go long times without a fix, if ever. Like, a simple lot trait to ban celebrities is simple to do. Having a celebrity on a retail shoulf definitely boost sales for the owner since, you know, a famous celebrity is shopping there. It sucks, GTW remains one of my favorite EPs yet other packs seem to not take it into account.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    So, we'll add retail to vampires on the list of the things that "Get Famous" and its update patch have broken (for those who haven't heard, Grand Master vampires no longer gain additional power points thanks to the patch because of some conflict with the Celebrity system programing that was baked into the patch...yay...).

EAQA Guy 1: Hey Mark, did you check for conflicts between the latest patch and expansion and the other components of the game, yet?

EAQA Guy 2: Uh...yeah, for, like, 3 minutes before corporate shoved me out of my desk chair and snatched everything up to be shipped. You know, gotta get it out on time and all...

EAQA Guy 1: What the Sam Hill...? Again?! I swear, this job is going to put me in an early grave...-_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    Has anyone found a solution to the celebrities? I'm surprised I don't see more people complaining about this but the celebrities don't just ruin retail, they ruin any lot that's dependent upon staff to make it functional. In restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc. the staff quit doing their jobs just to react to the celebrities. Because of this, I cannot order food at a restaurant (host is too starstruck), I cannot get drinks at bars (bartender comes from behind the bar and acts stupid), and in nightclubs I cannot even have my sims dance (the DJ stops playing music to react to celebrities). This is taking away the fun of playing a celebrity or playing a sim that is around celebrities when they go out.

Please tell me there is a way to stop staff from reacting to celebrities.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @jbt18 Unfortunately no, this hasn't been fixed yet. Don't know that it ever will be either since technically it is working as intended. Someone just didn't check how celebrities would affect other packs. Who knows though, maybe they will surprise us all and fix it somehow.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I had a celebrity try to come into my Vet clinic with the whole, "Hyping up the crowd thing", and I dismissed him. I wasn't having any of that. >:)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".