Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comparing The Sims 4 To The Sims 3!

This last month I played The Sims 3, and found myself comparing it to The Sims 4 a lot, and found I that there is so much more I miss from The Sims 4, then the other way around!

I love that with The Sims 4 we can give our sims 5 outfits for every time of the day, and you can allow your sims to wear men or women's clothes regardless of gender, and it doesn't take you hours to do it either, like with The Sims 3, where everything takes forever to load right!

In fact, the only thing I liked more in The Sims 3 then in the Sims 4 is the way the terrain looks, grass looks more real as does the trees and other stuff!

I like Sims 3 furnishings better too! It looks nicer, I wont say that they have more, because its not fair to The Sims 4 because it hasn't finished yet, and the Sims 3 has!

I like the hair better with The Sims 4, it looks more real and has better styles too! I hate most of the hair in The Sims 3! Plus with the Sims 4 you can put hats on them without having to use whatever hair that is included with the hats, like in Sims 3, which hardly ever matches the other styles of hair!

I like that all the pants works with all the shoes and boots in The Sims 4, unlike in The Sims 3!

I like that in CAS you can mold your Sims body to fit what you want, instead of every fit person or every fat person having the exact same body shape! With Sims 3 they all look kind of stocky, no matter what, which doesn't work for every person you want to make!

The Sims tend to look better in The Sims 4 too, by a lot! And its easier to mold their faces to what you want, then in The Sims 3!

I did like that in The Sims 3, when they came out with Supernaturals they allowed us to use the pointed ears, claws and teeth on our human sims, rather then keeping the pointed ears for only the Aliens and then the Vampires, same with the pointy teeth of course, like in The Sims 4!

Now I also played a lot of The Sims 2 as well during that time, and I sure missed a lot more from the Sims 4 then, but The Sims 2 was much older and they didn't have the means to make it the way The Sims 4 is now, but The Sims 3 did!

I also LOVE the toddlers in The Sims 4, I did not love them in either of the other games, they annoyed me so much, they way they talked and the way they usually came out looking, especially with the Sims 2, yeesh, not cute,lol! The Sims 4 toddlers are adorable, I am always saying to myself "awe" at whatever they are doing, didn't do that with the other 2,lol!

Of course I did like the color wheel thing in The Sims 3, and miss it a lot in The Sims 4, manly because who ever design's the clothes and decides on the colors and patterns isn't very good at it! And there is always a color I need or want missing with the clothes and furnishings too!

I also miss having a lot more walls and floors, especially carpet, which we had by now in both The Sims 2 and Sims 3 a lot more to choose from, then what The Sims 4 has given us! And that is actually one of the things I dislike most about The Sims 4, along with the fact the its nearly impossible to find furnishings that match, because they don't bother to give us a entire set for each room type, like they did more of with both The Sims 2 and Sims 3, from the start that is!

I'm not one of those who likes to use different styles for each in each room, I like the couch, chair and loveseat to match and the kitchen stuff to match and the bathroom and bedroom to match as well, not where everything is different from each other!

Still can't say I am fond of the pets in The Sims 4, they seem more annoying then they were even with the Sims 2, they weren't as annoying in The Sims 3 because you could actually control them, so if they were being annoying, you could stop them, if you wanted to! But really they have made them all pretty annoying, the dogs bark or whine all the time, while the cats are always meowing all the time! Which being a person who has had lots of cats, I know they cats, unlike dogs, are pretty quiet most of the time, in fact most of the time you might think they got out of your house, because they are so quiet! Even one cat I had that was a Ragdoll, and was always following me around, hardly made a sound, unless I went to the bathroom and didn't let him follow me in, then he would meow at the door,lol! So I have to say I still don't like any of the pets in any of the Sims game, because they seem to be more concerned with making them annoying, to make you have to try and train them to not do something, which most of the time doesn't stop them from meowing or barking and whining all the time anyway, then they are at making them more like real pets! Even my real dog doesn't bark as much as the ones in the game does, and he never whines, unless he needs to go potty!

But, I still prefer to play The Sims 4 over the other 2 games, especially The Sims 3, seeing as it is so much slower on everything then Sims 2 or Sims 4!

I wrote this because after playing the other 2 games, and finding myself missing so much of the great things in The Sims 4, and with so many people still acting like The Sims 3 and in some cases even the Sims 2, is better than The Sims 4, I just had to point out how many good things there are in the Sims 4, things we don't have in the other 2!

Sure it is missing a lot too, but its also not finished, and its a more complicated game to make things for, so some stuff, like the terrain tools and of course the water tools, will take longer to make! And I think they are trying to make sure that people who can't spend 1000s on a gaming computer to play high end games, can still play it when they do add big game changers like the terrain tools! Those kinds of things will take longer in a game like this then a game with lower graphics and such in them, and other things!

And yes I know there are something they could add to the game that wouldn't be a big strain on anyone's computers, like more walls and floors, and more of certain items, like art for the walls, knickknacks to clutter our sims homes, and just more furnishings, clothes and hair too and makeup and jewelry, like some more normal down to earth type jewelry, instead of just fancy stuff! Like maybe more clothes and hair for the kids and toddlers to wear and just more period for them! And maybe some special stuff just for our teens too!

Oh also forgot I liked that they had things like footballs, baseballs,soccer ball, frisbees, hacky sack, and picnic baskets, to put in their inventory to use in the Sims 3, which I miss a lot in The Sims 4! Sometimes I just want to have my sims play catch together, especially the kids! We also had playing catch in The Sims 2 as well!

But again I still prefer The Sims 4, over the other 2, I love the fact that my sims can eat and drink at the same time and talk too, and watch TV or listen to music too! It makes it more real! They are smarter then in the other games!

I like that we can get promoted at work without having to make friends with anyone, which again is more real!

So as I said, I prefer The Sims 4 to any of the other Sims games!

Also, for the first time I am actually enjoying this versions Superstar EP, Get Famous, I never enjoyed the others, in The Sims 3 I always opted out of the celebrity thing!

I do wish The Sims 4 had that for vampires and other supernaturals, so if you didn't want Vampires or any one of the others, you could just turn it off, like they have added with Get Famous!

To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It would be great if they took all our likes from each game for sims5. The Jim, on Mod the Sims has some of the sims3 furniture if you use CC. I miss the store from Sims3 that had matching sets. I agree about the trees and grass, there was such variations and so much to choose from. I use a lot of CC for clothes and hair. I don't want them to look alike. Reminds me of the song, Adidicted to Love, put them in the same hair and clothes and they look the same like the girls in the video.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @pookysimsloverm, you aren't alone. I also prefer 4...though it took me a while to figure out that I did. I played both for about the first 3 years. Really, at this point, the only thing about 3 that I truly miss and would kill to get in 4 is the style tool. I'd kill to have that back.

When 3 first came out I still played 2 for the first few years as well...so I guess I just have trouble letting go. :)
    Also, for the first time I am actually enjoying this versions Superstar EP, Get Famous, I never enjoyed the others, in The Sims 3 I always opted out of the celebrity thing!
    A resounding me too! for this. The previous sims games Superstar/Fame/whatever expansion packs were at the bottom of my list of enjoyment from the packs...this one is pretty well done to add gameplay even for someone who doesn't want to play a traditional celebrity.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    While I was playing 4 I thought I missed 3 so I went back to it. Realised very quickly that I way, way prefer 4 after all! I just want more Traits, really. Way, way more traits.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    While I was playing 4 I thought I missed 3 so I went back to it. Realised very quickly that I way, way prefer 4 after all! I just want more Traits, really. Way, way more traits.

Yes agreed, we do need much more traits! That too is one of those things that makes me play The Sims 3!

But of course like I said, I usually start to miss the other things in CAS the most, I mean with the Sims 4 I can make 5 outfits per category, for my sims in the time it takes to just get to make one in The Sims 3, because it takes forever to load all the clothes, especially if your like me and have all EP, SP, and store clothes in your game,lol!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m the same way. I never realized how much I liked sims 4 till I tried to go back to sims 3. Don’t get me wrong I still like sims 3 a lot but I honestly overall prefer sims 4. I didn’t even play 4 much till about a year ago. Now I don’t want to stop playing it.

I actually feel like we have more furniture and clothes in sims 4 than the complete sims 3. I found the amount really lacking when I went back and I have all expansions for sims 3 plus some store stuff. Now complete sets of furniture in sims 4 no, which can be annoying but I love the sims 4 style and I think majority of it mixes well. The clothes and furniture are just better in my opinion. I think the look better and are more current with what is actually popular. Even without the color wheel I really enjoy decorating and furnishing in sims 4 and I hate it in 3 when I go back. But this is just me after going back to 3, I personally found it frustrating and had a hard time dressing my sims because I hated most of the clothing and furnishing their houses was just stressful and not enjoyable.

However I do admit sims 4 has its flaws. I really want more traits and aspirations. I feel like we need more distinguished personalities in sims 4.

But when I play it I do find I really really enjoy it. It takes a while for me to get bored. Now I don’t have long sessions like I did with 3, but I had a laptop then and now I have a desktop. I can only sit in my chair for so long before I have to take a break. I could easily play for 12 hours if I could stand sitting for that long. I can play that much in a day but I usually take short breaks every so often when I do play that much. I like that sims 4 has improved so much. I think there is a lot of amazing features in sims 4 and I find myself liking a lot about it more than past games. I’m really excited to play GF next week when I get it. I’ve also never enjoyed fame in past games but this looks like a lot of fun.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Akl500P, you need a sit-stand desk! I got one for that very reason...so I could game for longer without getting stir-crazy. B)

Hope you enjoy GF when you get it!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »
    It would be great if they took all our likes from each game for sims5. The Jim, on Mod the Sims has some of the sims3 furniture if you use CC. I miss the store from Sims3 that had matching sets. I agree about the trees and grass, there was such variations and so much to choose from. I use a lot of CC for clothes and hair. I don't want them to look alike. Reminds me of the song, Adidicted to Love, put them in the same hair and clothes and they look the same like the girls in the video.

-Awesome!
    -Cool!
    -Cool in Concept, not so cool in execution!
    -Meh.
    -Bad!

They should take every game play feature and object in all 4 games and divide them up in those categories.
    Use the features from the top two. Revisit the features from the middle and improve them. Drop the features in the bottom two.
    And then conceptualize a new Sims game that puts all these elements together in a synergistic way.

Most importantly, they should come out with a base game that feels like a strong foundation to build off, yet still feels enjoyable instead of lacking. There should be weather and seasons in the base game. All the fun stuff to do in the four seasons should come with expansion packs. There should be Night-Life light instead of a do-it-yourself bar. And perhaps Pre-University is a community college rabbit hole until we get a University expansion.

I went back to TS3 for a while.
    I still love the game, because I just find open world and more creative freedom far more enjoyable.

However, TS4 has a lot of features I wish TS3 had.
    Small things like:
    -Build/buy search feature.
    -Hats on any hairstyle
    -room move/room copy/room save features
    -TS4 sims
    -Lot Traits
    -Curved fences
    -Building trims

And several other things that aren't coming to mind right now. :)
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    @Akl500P, Oh I love Get Famous, because even if you don't want to do the acting part, there is also the media part, which I had my favorite Sim start on, she just made videos and then made some music on the mix master thing and became a 3 star celeb before she started acting,lol!

Of course she also put two books and a couple of games too, and she did the positivity challenge as well, and that helped her gain a lot of fans, and get a good reputation too!

It is really fun and unlike The Sims 3, everybody doesn't suddenly become a celebrity, so the unplayed Sims in the game wont suddenly become a celebrity too, when they aren't doing anything that would make the famous!

But you can do a lot of different things to become famous, but they just are having all the sims becoming famous like in The Sims 3!