Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging Down Premades

I’m thinking about aging down all the premades in my game to young adults, I’m also thinking about deleting their current children just to see what they have next.

Has anyone ever done this before?
ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Sounds like an interesting plan. It would be great if you can show here what they look like and if they meet and marry or have a relationship with the same sim that they were with before they aged down.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Sounds like an interesting plan. It would be great if you can show here what they look like and if they meet and marry or have a relationship with the same sim that they were with before they aged down.

I would love to! I’m very excited for this experiment. I’ll definitely have to make a spreadsheet first though to keep everything organized. I also have MCCC which has story progression.

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    You can use MCCC to age them down, which in my experience works better than aging down in CAS.
    Anyway, as I did the opposite (I made everyone older and gave them additional kids), I'd love to see what stories you come up with :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    You can use MCCC to age them down, which in my experience works better than aging down in CAS.
    Anyway, as I did the opposite (I made everyone older and gave them additional kids), I'd love to see what stories you come up with :)

I think I’m going to make everyone teens. :p I’ll be giving everyone makeovers so I’ll need CAS anyway.

• Options
    Okay so tonight I will start the process of aging down, makeovers, and adding parents. I'll be leaving the families with small children that have older parents. It doesn't make sense for me to delete those kids (I might change my mind later). Exception to this is the Delgato family, they're getting split up >:)

Side note: What's the best service for uploading pictures to the forums?

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Okay so tonight I will start the process of aging down, makeovers, and adding parents. I'll be leaving the families with small children that have older parents. It doesn't make sense for me to delete those kids (I might change my mind later). Exception to this is the Delgato family, they're getting split up >:)

I use Imgur - no problems with it so far, and it's free.
  • Options

I use Imgur - no problems with it so far, and it's free.

Thanks so much!

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2018
    I aged down the Sims 2/Sims 3 sims.
    Bella Bachelor(Goth) to a child and created her mother, father, and brother in CAS using her genetics (Jocasta, Simis, Michael).
    Mortimer Goth to a child and created his parents in CAS using his genetics (Gunther, Cornelia).
    Don Lothario to a child and created his parents in CAS using his genetics (Adriana, Nicolo).
    Dina and Nina Caliente to children and created their parents (Nighat (changed Katrina's name and how she looks), Flamenco created in CAS using their genetics - really should have made him an alien but was not thinking at the time!).
    Macolm Landgraab to a child (same parents - think aged them down to young adults though and changed looks).

I have not gotten that far with it yet - they are all friends as children right now and about ready to age to teens.
    I am curious to see if like Bella and Mortimer's kids end up looking anything like the Cassadra and Alexander that are in the game now.
    Have fun and do keep us updated! I have not played my save for awhile - really need to get back to it!
  • Options
    Just spent a half an hour recreating the goth family...doesn’t even save for some reason. :'(

• Options
    Just spent a half an hour recreating the goth family...doesn’t even save for some reason. :'(

Oh no can you put it in your library? If you can get it on the gallery save it there you can always take off there if you have to. I have been having trouble saving sims,also. But I thought it was because I was cleaning up my c.f. saving and getting rid of it in Sims 4 tray importer. I guess there is something going on. I hope you figure it out. I can't wait to see them
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I gave up on the makeovers haha, just gonna age them down and edit their families.

@jimmysnan Unfortunately I didn’t do that the first time before I left CAS. So the original versions are gone, but I remade them :/

Edit: I’m going to give SOME of them makeovers.!

• Options
    I gave up on the makeovers haha, just gonna age them down and edit their families.

@jimmysnan Unfortunately I didn’t do that the first time before I left CAS. So the original versions are gone, but I remade them :/

That's ok. I keep checking back here for the pics. I am very excited to see this plan work out.

• Options
    You know just aging them down might make it more authentic.
  • Options
    You know just aging them down might make it more authentic.

Yeah I did, I’m actually done! Gotta take a lot of pictures though! Most look exactly the same just with an added CC skin.

• Options
    Do you have all the packs?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member

I like Imjur, myself. I started off years ago with Photobucket, but they now want money in order for a person to share with that 'Third Party'. Once you've got your images uploaded to them, just click on the photo you want and it takes you to another page. On the right is a series of options. Scroll down to find the one with forum in the title. Click on that and then come back over here and copy the number. Easy-peasy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    When sims4 first launched I aged Nina and Dina down to teens.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Yes I do!

@GalacticGal Everyone always wants money smh

@BlkBarbiegal How did that go?

• Options
    Yes I do!

Went great! I also changed their looks. I wanted them to look more like sims2 version of themselves. See, in sims2 I had Nina get with Don so I wanted the same for this game. In my current game they married, their daughter an adult now. Dina married Alexander Goth because she’s a gold digger. They have a daughter and live at the Goth estate. Dina’s hoping everything will be left into their hands when Mortimer and Bella dies. Especially the house so she can convince Alex to sell it for a lot of money and buy a larger but white Victorian house. I might change the story a little though. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Yes I do!

Went great! I also changed their looks. I wanted them to look more like sims2 version of themselves. See, in sims2 I had Nina get with Don so I wanted the same for this game. In my current game they married, their daughter an adult now. Dina married Alexander Goth because she’s a gold digger. They have a daughter and live at the Goth estate. Dina’s hoping everything will be left into their hands when Mortimer and Bella dies. Especially the house so she can convince Alex to sell it for a lot of money and buy a larger but white Victorian house. I might change the story a little though. :)

I have yet to transfer the pictures from my computer to my phone so I can post them here.

But Bella Bachelor is best friends with my Sim Alondra. And Alondra is dating Michael Bachelor, Bella’s older brother. They just had some crazy drama happen and I can’t wait to share haha : :D

• Options
    Yes I do!

I have yet to transfer the pictures from my computer to my phone so I can post them here.

But Bella Bachelor is best friends with my Sim Alondra. And Alondra is dating Michael Bachelor, Bella’s older brother. They just had some crazy drama happen and I can’t wait to share haha : :D

I am really looking forward to this thread. I look at it everyday to see what is new. I love that you are keeping us posted on the progress. I never play the pre-mades. been meaning to but I get distracted and want to make my own sims. LOL
  • Options
    Yes I do!

I am really looking forward to this thread. I look at it everyday to see what is new. I love that you are keeping us posted on the progress. I never play the pre-mades. been meaning to but I get distracted and want to make my own sims. LOL

Aww thanks, that means a lot hehe <3 I’m not gonna mess with the premades direcrlt until they age to YA just to see how story progression works for them. I have a lot of settings active on MCCC. They can get married and have kids on their own, etc. but I don’t know if they’ll get boyfriends and girlfriends on their own as teens.

• Options
    Yes I do!

I forgot that I created mortimer’s parents in cas because I absolutely loved them (especially Gunther cuz he was hot) in sims 3. In sims3 Gunther became a vampire in his adult state, and Cornelia a witch. I hope they’re working on a witch game pack. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have aged the Vatore siblings down to teens before, so they could grow up with my sim that was one, and it was the funniest game! I don't remember how many times Lilith flew off biting everyone near her because of coming home tense from school, and in general they were just funny to play that way. That was one of my favorite games I played.
  • Options
    AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
    In one save i am working on (still have more Families and builds to do, re do all the EA houses), I aged most the premades down to children and toddlers, just to see what can happen. I gave them all make overs as i hate the way townies look so out of proportion (to me, i do this for all my saves)

Example, Jacques is a child. He is the son of two of the biggest Mob bosses in Windenburg. The Villareal's, are known to be a bit of a mysterious family and feared by all of the townies.

I aged Motmier into a toddler, and gave him parents (I am ignoring the sims story line), His mother is a writer, and his father is a bum basically.

Geoffrey is also a toddler, and son to two power houses. His mother is a mayor and his father a Senator.

I also separated the Spencer and Kim family. Aged down Vivian to an adult, gave her a husband, aged down Eric to either a child or toddler (forgot which on been a few month since I worked on the save), and she also has a daugther. Same with the Kims.

Mila is child, born to a farmer father, and cook mother. She as two brothers. So far i added more family and currently working on Nacy's family background.