Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Recommendations with Seasons

Hey all!

I've heard that the different worlds in TS4 have different weather patterns which brings me to wonder what world would be prettiest to play in? Basically, which world will give you the most variety in weather?
E.g: Probably not Oasis Springs because there isn't a lot of snow there.

Thanks guys! :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    In my perspective, simply pick the world you already think is prettiest without weather as weather will simply enhance it. But that's my view, of course. You could also have your Sims move around and decide from there :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    If you're a fan of snowy winters, Oasis Springs isn't for you. Summer in Willow Creek tends to be rainy and stormy (at least in my game), Windenburg not so much, but spring is rather cold there. That's my experience so far, anyway.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I have all worlds except the vampire one, and have not played in Windenburg yet, only visited. But from 3 full years playing, I experienced that nothing is static:

Willow Creek: What I think of as normal seasons, rather steady and predictable. All kinds of weather.

Oasis Springs: Mostly sunny and hot, more rain in Winter. I had snow there once, but not enough to cover ground. Had little wind there, few thunderstorms.

Newcrest: More or less like WC, perhaps a bit more windy.

San Myshuno: Hardly any wind. Had to wait for 3rd winter to see any snow at all.

Brindleton Bay: Varied weather, I had lots of rain in Summer. Thunderstorms and wind seem likely. Snowy winters.

(Feels like being a spammer, but you might enjoy seeing some of my "One Year in xxx world" movies - see siggy. 4 more movies will be released during July :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @Simmerville Thank you for your advice! I was thinking of Brindleton Bay but was worried that there wouldn't be enough snow to make it a winter wonderland. How thick is the snow fall if I may ask?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ve seen blizzards in Willow Creek, San Myshuno, Forgotten Hollow and Brindleton Bay.

BB rains A LOT and gets a lot of thunderstorms as well. WC is pretty balanced: you’ll experience every weather. FH is often windy.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    @Simmerville Thank you for your advice! I was thinking of Brindleton Bay but was worried that there wouldn't be enough snow to make it a winter wonderland. How thick is the snow fall if I may ask?

There is only one snow depth, regardless of world. It's rather matter of how many days the snow remains on ground. In BB I experienced that the snow stayed for a few days once it had covered ground, but this can probably vary from year to year. It's a beautiful winter world, although probably milder than WC and NC.

Btw, my seasons are only 7 days, if you play longer seasons, snow might stay for longer periods.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg