Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wanna marry Emit!

I'm doing a future playthrough right now and I really want to marry the time traveler ): But apparently it will break my save if I had him to my household. I noticed whenever I load the game Emit's first name changes, but he's the same sim... just something weird. I'm heartbroken because they're a perfect match :'(
kwdT9wX.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Afraid that's correct. There were actually a few things one could do with Emit with NRaas mods right after ITF was released, but things like that broke so many players' games that they are all locked down now.

How about if you make another sim to just look like Emit and give him the same or similar traits as the one you like. Not good enough?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I could but I like his little animation things with the almanac xD. Can I make an Emit clone and then assign the time traveler occult to him? Or will that break my game too xD
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I've had two time travelers spawn on their own in my game before, the second one was nice looking as well and they weren't clones of each other. It was clearly a glitch but I was only testing out the EP and how Traveler worked with it back then and probably would not have played through that.

The time traveler is a Service Sim in addition to having the occult type (like the Grim Reaper), they can't be added to a household and I don't believe the designation can be forced on them unless you don't mind them being a homeless NPC who keeps wandering off-screen again.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Alrighty ): I guess I will just make a clone. I really like seeing him using the almanac that's my only gripe xD. I guess the real Emit will have to remain "best friends". :p

EDIT: After I clone him can I delete the original Emit? I don't want two of them running around. I want the game to generate a new time traveller like it did in your game.
    Post edited by Sunnyyesjams on
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Could you throw a clone drone at him to clone him and make “him” playable?
  • Options
    Just discovered cloning Emit is impossible, never knew that, you also can’t get romantic with him. Bummer...
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I just saved him to the simbin... ): And apparently having the time traveler occult makes him unromancible, so no way to get time traveler babies. Also just discovered he's a klepto xD dunno if it's just my Emit.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2018
    Alrighty ): I guess I will just make a clone. I really like seeing him using the almanac that's my only gripe xD. I guess the real Emit will have to remain "best friends". :p

EDIT: After I clone him can I delete the original Emit? I don't want two of them running around. I want the game to generate a new time traveller like it did in your game.

It's best not to mess with him he's a strange hybrid between a Role sim and a Service sim. Messing around with him has been known to permanently break the ITF Opportunities as well as break him.
    And yeah he is a Klepto.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    @ScottDemon , Yeah, I backed out of that save w/o saving, I don’t need my game breaking like that.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Just to tell you how goofy the glitch was when I ended up with two time travelers, what I had done while messing around with the EP and Traveler was befriend Emit in the present and invite him to travel to Oasis with my sims as a traveling companion. I was then gently chastised by our mod developer for even thinking of trying such a thing, let alone asking what was really supposed to happen next. Based on that conversation alone, I wouldn't recommend that method at all. ;)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!