Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dishwasher problem?

For some reason beyond me the game has my sims put one dish in the dishwasher and then start it. This means that other sims in the house have to wash their dish in the sink because the dishwasher is running. I could be wrong but in TS2 I remember they'd keep putting dishes in until it was "full" and then it would be started. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't think that was it, in TS2 if I remember correctly they were just better at waiting until all the dishes were ready to go. I don't remember if it was 2 or 3 but one of those dish washers you actually had to wait until the cycle was done before loading any more. Usually what I do in Sims 4 is I will keep an eye on those who finish eating before everyone else, and will cancel out their need to was the dish, I prefer they wait until all the dishes can be washed at one time.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2018
    From what I recall it’s always been that the dishwasher is started immediately after adding dishes. Plus sometimes they grab a bunch of dirty dishes and add them all to the dishwasher at once so it makes sense.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I presume it used to pick up all the dirty dishes when you used the Load Dishwasher option, up until the pre-Seasons patch that is. Now it seems to pick up only a one or a few dirty dishes at a time so it's better to just click a dirty dish to clean up and they'll pick up all the dirty dishes and put them all in the dishwasher as normal.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'd better pay closer attention - I didn't even know we had a load dishwasher option.
  • Options
    StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    Is there a mod or something for this? Kind of like don't wash until X dishes (or X times dishes) have been put in? It's possible that in TS2 there was AI logic that when eating a meal together the ones done first didn't auto clean up. I could always turn off auto cleanup after eating and that would more or less work around the silliness of running the dishwasher every time at least one dish is put in it.