Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help!! Game keeps crashing and I can't install downloads.

I posted this in the technical help forums, but didn't get much help. I don't even know if a lot of people look there. Anyways, I don't feel like retyping everything so here's the link to the thread...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87966.page

Thanks in advance for replies or help. :)

Comments

• Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    edited August 2009
    I don't want this to get lost sooo....

bump.
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    You could have easily copy and pasted your text + pics of your issue.

Sorry, can't help you.

Bump...
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Could you be more specific? All you say is that you don't have any mods and are running the latest patch. To troubleshoot, people need more information.

When did this start? (Did it start randomly, or did it occur after you patched, or did you install something and then it started?)

Do you have issues installing things from the Exchange? In your screenshot, all those items seem to be from TSR.

Where did you place these TSR downloads? Are they in your Downloads folder?

At what point during the game does it crash? Upon start-up, during saved games, or what?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DebbieGC wrote:
    You could have easily copy and pasted your text + pics of your issue.

Sorry, can't help you.

Bump...

That's true. I guess being so frustrated I end up not thinking straight. Thanks for the bump though. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Could you be more specific? All you say is that you don't have any mods and are running the latest patch. To troubleshoot, people need more information.

When did this start? (Did it start randomly, or did it occur after you patched, or did you install something and then it started?)

Do you have issues installing things from the Exchange? In your screenshot, all those items seem to be from TSR.

At what point during the game does it crash? Upon start-up, during saved games, or what?

I did have the Indie mod running, but took it out before I installed the patch so at the time I didn't have any mods running though later on found that I accidentally (by "accidentally" I mean I downloaded it just in case I decide to use it later and didn't realize that I installed it until someone asked if I'm using it--- gah I hope that made sense. :lol: ) installed the bodysliderhack thingamahjig. I took that out and tried the game again. It crashed.

All this started after I installed the latest patch.

Yeah those items were from TSR, but I deleted them since I figured they were the problem and I didn't really need them anyways. I still have patterns and outfits sitting in my downloads on the game launcher, but I can't remember where I got them from since I look at a different sites. I don't really download things from the exchange, so I can't really answer that part of the question.

About where I placed the items... I make different folders with the date I downloaded them so if and when I have a problem with the items in the game I'll have a general idea of where they are...if that made sense. I use the helper monkey-- or whatever its called-- since I really don't know where to put the downloads once I've unzipped them and what not.

The game crashes after the cinematic part of the game right when it gets to the loading screen before the main menu with your families.

I even tried to restore my computer from before I installed the patch. Didn't work.

I sure hope I made sense with my answers.
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Indiestone is not compatible with 1.3 or 1.4, unless you are running it through the driver option of awesomemod. If it is still installed, it may be causing your crashes as well.

Have you tried installing these items manually one by one by clicking on the sims3pack files in your folders, as opposed to using the Launcher?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Indiestone is not compatible with 1.3 or 1.4, unless you are running it through the driver option of awesomemod. If it is still installed, it may be causing your crashes as well.

Have you tried installing these items manually one by one by clicking on the sims3pack files in your folders, as opposed to using the Launcher?

Just in case I didn't uninstall the mod correctly, how do you do that?

No I haven't tried doing it manually. How exactly do I do that? I know it's probably an easy and obvious answer, I just don't want to mess things up even more than they already are.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:

I did have the Indie mod running, but took it out before I installed the patch so at the time I didn't have any mods running though later on found that I accidentally (by "accidentally" I mean I downloaded it just in case I decide to use it later and didn't realize that I installed it until someone asked if I'm using it--- gah I hope that made sense. :lol: ) installed the bodysliderhack thingamahjig. I took that out and tried the game again. It crashed.

All this started after I installed the latest patch.

Yeah those items were from TSR, but I deleted them since I figured they were the problem and I didn't really need them anyways. I still have patterns and outfits sitting in my downloads on the game launcher, but I can't remember where I got them from since I look at a different sites. I don't really download things from the exchange, so I can't really answer that part of the question.

About where I placed the items... I make different folders with the date I downloaded them so if and when I have a problem with the items in the game I'll have a general idea of where they are...if that made sense. I use the helper monkey-- or whatever its called-- since I really don't know where to put the downloads once I've unzipped them and what not.

The game crashes after the cinematic part of the game right when it gets to the loading screen before the main menu with your families.

I even tried to restore my computer from before I installed the patch. Didn't work.

I sure hope I made sense with my answers.

After installing the first patch my game started crashing. I found out it was because i left my mods in while it was installing the patch. Even after i removed all the mods it still crashed. My only advice would be to reinstall the game-leave all your saves in my documents- then install the patches first and then put the mods and cc back.

Next time there is a patch just move your mods into a different file and delete your cache files found in my documents>electronic arts>sims 3. Since the first patch i have done this every time an my computer hasnt crashed since *touch wood*

I dont have indiestone of awsome mod (for the very reason they have to be updated everynew patch :/ ) so im not sure if this could also be causing the problem

hope you figure it out, i know it sucks

• Options
    babybadoobabybadoo Posts: 453 New Member
    edited August 2009
    To install Sims3Pack manually, simply double click on the little icon wherever you have it and it will automatically start putting it in your game.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    babybadoo wrote:
    To install Sims3Pack manually, simply double click on the little icon wherever you have it and it will automatically start putting it in your game.

Then I do install them manually. The zipped files are the tricky ones that I don't know how to install manually without the game launcher.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:

im thinking of installing awesomemod...ive searched for it on here and googled it but i dont exactly know what it does/how it works. im sorry to bother you! i know you must get so many repeats of questions, but all i wanted to know was simply what it is and what it does, if you think it's worth getting, and will it crash my computer? im guessing i just install something to my computer and then ill have all these new things to do when i click on stuff in the game??? im not that stupid when it comes to computers, but ive been so confused! if you could just simply tell me what it is and what you think about getting it, you would complete my life!! :D again im sorry to bother you, and its random that i post this here! haha...btw i have a windows computer...if it helps...haha...and what does 1.3 and 1.4 mean? are they versions of a computer? or of a game? lol...again thank u for reading this! and sorry! :P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Geez. If it's not one thing it's another. I reinstalled the game with no problem and saw that my families were still intact, but saw that most of my custom content were missing when I was making a new family in CAS. I thought it was no big deal since I could easily install them again. I recently downloaded things and went to unzip the files. No problem there. I have the helper monkey thing from Mod the Sims so I right clicked on the file then clicked on "Install to Sims 3" and the usual "do you allow this file" window comes up (thats normal for me. I think its a Vista thing.) and I allow it as usual. Then a window comes up saying "Could not find a valid directory to install to!" I've never had that come up. Now that I've fixed one problem another comes up. Any ideas on what going on now? At least I'm able to play the game. I'd just like to play it will all my stuff and with no problems.

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Bumping so my and Notetoself's questions get answered. :)
  • Options
    ShugaBabeShugaBabe Posts: 317 Member
    edited August 2009
    What does Bump mean?
  • Options
    KarlsaurKarlsaur Posts: 726 New Member
    edited August 2009
    B: Bump
    U: Up
    M: My
    P: Post
    -Karlsaur.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ShugaBabe wrote:
    What does Bump mean?

It means "bring up my post". People usually do that when their post was knocked to another page and they feel like people will not see it.
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    edited August 2009

aw! thanks xD haha
  • Options
    edited August 2009

aw! thanks xD haha

you're welcome though it didn't really help much. :lol: