Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did you do in the World of Luxury Event?

I know a lot of people complained about the time crunch in this event and many said it was impossible to do without spending money. I played about an hour a day, completing each of the 3 events twice a day, and the 18 hour cool down one just once a day. I opened approximately 70 boxes with tokens, none with simcash. With extremely casual play and only checking in once a day, I can see how this event would have been very hard to complete.

Initially I was pretty stressed out about the time requirements on the quests, especially having 2 stages where I had to complete the to do list. I usually get the to do list out of the way right away and had to wait a full day to do those stages.

I completed the main quest and had 1 of each item from the look box by day 6. There were only a few items, like the room dividers, that I desperately wanted all 8 of. Mostly, I was so happy to see simcash in these loot boxes! I received that prize 7 times total (525 simcash), which enabled me to finally unlock the 4th sim slot and put me well on my way to getting the piano set.

5R6urZk.png
Q06xsmX.png
D2vFwMN.jpg
My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Comments

• Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I got pretty close to what you got with the furniture, but only 1 lantern and two couches, 5 rugs and 7 dividers. I only got the simcash once, unfortunately, so I'm still about $100 away from opening my fourth slot :(. I did each event twice a day, and the Leisurely one once a day, and as many other career or relationship events as I could (although that was mainly for the coins!).
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2018
    I got pretty close to what you got with the furniture, but only 1 lantern and two couches, 5 rugs and 7 dividers. I only got the simcash once, unfortunately, so I'm still about $100 away from opening my fourth slot :(. I did each event twice a day, and the Leisurely one once a day, and as many other career or relationship events as I could (although that was mainly for the coins!).

@MayaRose1138 Good job! Same here! I don't earn nearly enough coins compared to home/fashion tickets.

I would have liked 1 more of those lamps because they're so pretty, but honestly I don't think I NEED 6 lol
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    I know a lot of people complained about the time crunch in this event and many said it was impossible to do without spending money. I played about an hour a day, completing each of the 3 events twice a day, and the 18 hour cool down one just once a day. I opened approximately 70 boxes with tokens, none with simcash. With extremely casual play and only checking in once a day, I can see how this event would have been very hard to complete.

Initially I was pretty stressed out about the time requirements on the quests, especially having 2 stages where I had to complete the to do list. I usually get the to do list out of the way right away and had to wait a full day to do those stages.

I completed the main quest and had 1 of each item from the look box by day 6. There were only a few items, like the room dividers, that I desperately wanted all 8 of. Mostly, I was so happy to see simcash in these loot boxes! I received that prize 7 times total (525 simcash), which enabled me to finally unlock the 4th sim slot and put me well on my way to getting the piano set.

5R6urZk.png
    Q06xsmX.png

Cool that you got the bubble bar. I got all the couches 2 of the lanterns, all of everything else, but no bubble bar. That was the main thing I was after in that challenge.
  • Options
    Marktn wrote: »

5R6urZk.png
    Q06xsmX.png

Cool that you got the bubble bar. I got all the couches 2 of the lanterns, all of everything else, but no bubble bar. That was the main thing I was after in that challenge.

Aww, that's a shame! Back in the pool party event I never got the hot tub unfortunately. I'm hoping items like that come back in the future but I expect it will be cash shop only.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member

@MayaRose1138 Good job! Same here! I don't earn nearly enough coins compared to home/fashion tickets.

I would have liked 1 more of those lamps because they're so pretty, but honestly I don't think I NEED 6 lol

If only there was some way to gift them to other people because I wanted several of the lamps but only got one :(. At least I ended up with two couches, but both of them were within the last few days, one of them with my second last buy.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

If only there was some way to gift them to other people because I wanted several of the lamps but only got one :(. At least I ended up with two couches, but both of them were within the last few days, one of them with my second last buy.

I only got one lamp too and was the one thing I wanted most. Maybe they will add it to the store in the future.. I got desperate and used sim cash the night before it ended and lucky I got the lamp on the first try. I agree on the gifting or trading. I got two bubble blowers and I don't need two. I got everything but the many lamps I wanted
  • Options
    JillRN213JillRN213 Posts: 5 New Member
    I got at least one of all the items and used some simcash opening boxes. I wanted all the dividers but only got 4. I do hope they come back with the hot tub. I did not start playing till after that event
  • Options
    Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Spent $. No bubble blower. Too many duplicates. They need a different paradigm. No fun to finish with lots of things you don’t want, and not the things you do. I’ll skip the next one
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have a ton of tapestries 2 bubble blowers 5 poof chairs a couple couches a ton of the tables and mirrors but no rug. Oh and the clothes.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I will note that I really feel like the percentage chance to get different things changed when I got to the end. This might just be perception, but in my first 50 boxes I only got simcash twice. I got the other 5 in my last 10 boxes when I already had the max amount of everything except the rarest items.

Like I said, could have been pure luck, but it felt like the game was trying to avoid giving me duplicates that would be recycled into home tickets.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    I will note that I really feel like the percentage chance to get different things changed when I got to the end. This might just be perception, but in my first 50 boxes I only got simcash twice. I got the other 5 in my last 10 boxes when I already had the max amount of everything except the rarest items.

Like I said, could have been pure luck, but it felt like the game was trying to avoid giving me duplicates that would be recycled into home tickets.

It was your luck. I got most of the sim cash in the beginning. I hit many dups and got many tickets from the beginning to the end of the event, it is pure luck of the draw
  • Options

It was your luck. I got most of the sim cash in the beginning. I hit many dups and got many tickets from the beginning to the end of the event, it is pure luck of the draw

I figured as much, but it definitely drove me to keep opening boxes in hopes that I'd get more cash!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

I figured as much, but it definitely drove me to keep opening boxes in hopes that I'd get more cash!

I got a decent amount of sims cash but where you got five lanterns, I only got one but I got two bubble blowers. I would rather have had the lanterns than two bubble blowers. I have no room for two, They take up too much space. I just hope Ea adds a gifting or sell back option.
  • Options

I got a decent amount of sims cash but where you got five lanterns, I only got one but I got two bubble blowers. I would rather have had the lanterns than two bubble blowers. I have no room for two, They take up too much space. I just hope Ea adds a gifting or sell back option.

Agreed, I hope they add the option to sell items from my household inventory. I've got so many old items in there it's getting laggy to scroll through them all.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options

Agreed, I hope they add the option to sell items from my household inventory. I've got so many old items in there it's getting laggy to scroll through them all.

I know. I'm trying to level up so I can just buy what I want. I still have to redo my kitchen and bathroom . I still have the ugly kitchen furniture from the beginning of the game. :p It does not look pretty with the rest of my house. I recolored the bathroom so it looks a little better. The problem with this game is you have to buy something every day for your to do list. I'm running out of clothes to buy. It's very hard to get heirloom tickets unless you get them from parties? I haven't thrown a party yet.
  • Options

I know. I'm trying to level up so I can just buy what I want. I still have to redo my kitchen and bathroom . I still have the ugly kitchen furniture from the beginning of the game. :p It does not look pretty with the rest of my house. I recolored the bathroom so it looks a little better. The problem with this game is you have to buy something every day for your to do list. I'm running out of clothes to buy. It's very hard to get heirloom tickets unless you get them from parties? I haven't thrown a party yet.

I get a lot of heirloom tickets from "family events", which usually pop up once a day from babies, toddlers, children, and recently retired sims. Otherwise, they can be rewarded from the mailbox videos.

For sim tickets, you get lots from social events and parties. I'd recommend attending 2 parties a day even though the rewards are minimal.

In the daily to-do there is one reward for buying something for the house and one reward for buying anything, so I buy 1 item for my house every day and it gives me both those rewards! I've nearly run out of stuff to buy for my sims too.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2018

I get a lot of heirloom tickets from "family events", which usually pop up once a day from babies, toddlers, children, and recently retired sims. Otherwise, they can be rewarded from the mailbox videos.

For sim tickets, you get lots from social events and parties. I'd recommend attending 2 parties a day even though the rewards are minimal.

In the daily to-do there is one reward for buying something for the house and one reward for buying anything, so I buy 1 item for my house every day and it gives me both those rewards! I've nearly run out of stuff to buy for my sims too.

My kid grew up. I need to create him a mate after I retire his grandmother. I told myself I was going to retire her after this event but I haven't done it yet. I'm kind of attached to her. Her husband I already retired. I think it's time to retire her and make a second baby. :p

Everything is so expensive and I don't want to just buy things that I don't want to just put in storage but that's what the to list makes me do. I am trying to do all the different friendship and romance options to get more clothes. They need to fix Izzy's shop so I can get rid of all the ugly items. I only have a few worth keeping. I still have to expand more land. At the moment the next patch is over 11,000 coins with i think EA needs to lower. it's too much

I do two parties every day. I was going to throw one eventually . I watch all the vids on the mailbox and i sometimes get them when my sims complete a task
  • Options
    IvanaHaffunIvanaHaffun Posts: 11 New Member
    Very frustrating. I got a ton of duplicates like the clothes and bacelets (things I wouldn’t have my Sims wear). As for the furniture, I got some things but the items limit wouldn’t let me place them in my house anyway. To top it off, the game kept glitching and I would lose hours of play (furniture re-arrangement) and lose entire event credits for events completed (lots of lux coins poofed). I am starting to really hate this game but they already extracted $15 of real money from me so I guess their response to me would be “tough 🐸🐸🐸🐸!”
  • Options
    Very frustrating. I got a ton of duplicates like the clothes and bacelets (things I wouldn’t have my Sims wear). As for the furniture, I got some things but the items limit wouldn’t let me place them in my house anyway. To top it off, the game kept glitching and I would lose hours of play (furniture re-arrangement) and lose entire event credits for events completed (lots of lux coins poofed). I am starting to really hate this game but they already extracted $15 of real money from me so I guess their response to me would be “tough plum!”

Sorry to hear about all the bugs! I've been blessed with visual bugs only, but have heard other users had great success by reporting bugs and contacting moderators here. I definitely suggest filling out bug reports. Things won't get fixed if they don't know about it.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    I worked so hard but I just couldn’t get the bubbler no matter what. I got everything else though and I built a special room in my house for it
  • Options
    ShaksyShaksy Posts: 1 New Member
    I really liked this event although am very disappointed that I didn’t get a single lamp from the multitude of boxes I opened, I got several duplicates that got converted to tickets and only 1 sofa rest everything was maxed out. All in all about 525 simcash so I was able to purchase the Piano hobby.
  • Options
    ElauElau Posts: 23 Member
    I got SO many duplicates, argh. I never received the bubble bar which I really wanted. Thankfully, I got more than 300-400 simcash from the ornate boxes. I have now almost 700 simcash :smiley: I'm thinking should I buy the 4th sim slot or just furniture or something...

But I really hated the event. It was so exhausting and boring and so freaking long! It would have been really nice to get the bubble bar and not so many duplicates (clothes for example). I like Sims Freeplay events and quests more.
  • Options
    Elau wrote: »
    I got SO many duplicates, argh. I never received the bubble bar which I really wanted. Thankfully, I got more than 300-400 simcash from the ornate boxes. I have now almost 700 simcash :smiley: I'm thinking should I buy the 4th sim slot or just furniture or something...

But I really hated the event. It was so exhausting and boring and so freaking long! It would have been really nice to get the bubble bar and not so many duplicates (clothes for example). I like Sims Freeplay events and quests more.

@Elau I highly suggest unlocking the 4th slot if you play frequently, as it increases your income! Furniture may look pretty but doesn't change much about your game play.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2018
    There was a time when I was literally only getting these pants everytime I opened a loot box, (which got converted to tickets) I was so frustrated. :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Spent too much time in the World of luxury Event and was super disappointed. I kept getting duplicates. I got everything except the bubble bar, which was the one thing I actually wanted.