Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree Troubles

sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
Not too long ago, I placed a family I made in my game. I liked the family so much that I decided, "well why not extend it?" I made both the mother (Penelope) and father's (Derek) side of the family - brother/sister, mother, father and the brother/sister's children. Everything worked out fine on the father's side, but the mother's side not so much. I made a mistake when playing with genetics. Instead of making both the parents from one sim, I made Penelope's mother using Penelope but making her father I used Benjamin (Penelope's brother), thinking that it wouldn't matter since I'd fix the relationship afterwards. Turns out, I couldn't fix it at all. Penelope's father could not be related to Penelope and neither could the grandchildren. Only the mother could be related to Penelope and the grandchildren. I eventually decided to go with it. I mean, it's just a game anyway, right? But stubborn me wasn't satisfied because things were messed up. I use MCCC to adjust the relationship between Penelope and her father, and I think Benjamin and and his mom as well (or maybe it was the other way around, I can't really remember well but they still weren't related to another).

I think I made things worse in doing that because later on I checked the family tree and... not only is Penelope's mom her mom, but her great grandmother?! I didn't have the patience to try and fix it, so again, I went with it. Today I had the idea of placing Penelope, her brother and the parents in the same household, delete the parents, and make each parent from ONE sim this time. I'm content. I've just finished replacing the father, now to set his relationship with his daughter...

...And I can't. Of course I can't. Suddenly the father can't be related to any of them, even though I played with genetics. Even though I straight up clicked on "Father" when playing with. the. darn. genetics. I typed in the full edit mode cheat. Still the same result. Why, game, just why? Does anyone know how I can possibly fix this without deleting everyone or starting over completely? I'm so frustrated. :(

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I put Penelope, her brother and their parents together, (before I entered cas.fulleditmode), that for some weird reason, Penelope's brother was listed as her grandfather. When I went back in after I put in the cheat, Benjamin was her brother again. I guess it's not really that important but I'm still confused as to why that happened.
IMG-6587.gif
Post edited by sproot on

Comments

• Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited May 2018
    Here are screenshots of the family tree. It's completely whack... I may have mixed things up in the post above, but the problem remains the same.

UcNM1qe.png?2

Notice how the same sims appear twice. Probably obvious in the photo but Thomas's wife is only supposed to be his wife, his "step-son/father" is supposed to be his son, and his son's wife is obviously supposed to be his daughter-in-law, and instead of being his grandchildren, the kids are his brother and sister. Same thing with Penelope. Her mother is only supposed to be her mother and Benjamin is supposed to just be her brother.

YEHCWFP.png?1

Post edited by sproot on
    IMG-6587.gif