Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't edit the town or/and save. (SOLVED)

SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Sul Sul my friends !

I am very frustrated about a family I got in my Sunset Valley who both were Baby sitters. Linda and Béranger Vargas were both assigned to be baby sitters and they are the parents of a toddler girl Julie.
They were in charge to look after all the toddlers I got in my game, when their parents were out or at work. However yesterday, I checked up some of my families and one of the toddler was very very bad. She was starving, I decided to glance at the Vargas family.I played a little bit the Vargas family as baby sitter to save the toddlers life before changing their carreers.
Shoo flee ! I can't save or even edit town because the game notifies me a than a social worker will come to pick up somebody in the house and there is absolutely nobody. I even forced the coming of a social worker using the cheat code Testingcheatsenable, nobody appeared.
I have dozens of error trap logs that are made. "No Proxy Counter"
I resetted the lot and the whole town switching to a safest family through the Master Controller . The problem is still there.
I also move my family into the bin and make them move back in the house, the problems occurs.

Please, can somebody tell me what is wrong with my game?

Thank you for reading me.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
Post edited by Simsophonique on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    You kind of lost me from the beginning here. Babysitters in TS3 are Service Sims. By definition they must be teens and they must be homeless, therefore not controllable by the player. They cannot have kids of their own and toddlers cannot be homeless. So back when this game was working properly, I think there was something in your description of these sims that isn't quite accurate.

You can of course make a Babysitter into a town resident. That's fine, they become regular residents within a household that way and can progress from there but then they won't be Babysitters anymore.

In the end though, your game sounds like it is corrupt and needs to be reverted to a prior save from before the social worker scenario was triggered and replayed a different way, if you have such a save available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    You kind of lost me from the beginning here. Babysitters in TS3 are Service Sims. By definition they must be teens and they must be homeless, therefore not controllable by the player. They cannot have kids of their own and toddlers cannot be homeless. So back when this game was working properly, I think there was something in your description of these sims that isn't quite accurate.

You can of course make a Babysitter into a town resident. That's fine, they become regular residents within a household that way and can progress from there but then they won't be Babysitters anymore.

In the end though, your game sounds like it is corrupt and needs to be reverted to a prior save from before the social worker scenario was triggered and replayed a different way, if you have such a save available.

Hello @igazor ! Thank you for replying me.
    I didn't express myself well, I don't speak English fluently. Béranger has the big family LTW so the game assigned him to be as what you call in English "Daycare" profession that comes with Generations. Both are adults sims and they got a toddler girl Julie. The Daycare profession is your sims cares of the toddlers from family in their home.

Indeed there is something wrong by the way , it's not logical there is no social worker that pick up a member of the family.

I got old saves there is no problems to me to check it out.

on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Oh, Daycare! Yes, that is very different from the Babysitter system and thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that is what you were working with, sorry that I couldn't figure it out.

The NRaas GoHere mod features an Inactive Daycare system that, although fun to play around with, can sometimes cause problems as well although not usually total game meltdowns. Not sure if you are using it but it's on the schedule to be taken apart and redone at some point in the future.

But yes, no matter how you got to where that game session ended up, it's probably not fixable without a redo of the events leading up to it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    No need to apologizes my dear @igazor. The misunderstood is totally my fault.
    I got the go here mod it helps I didn't set it. I let the mod fixing the problems by itself.
    What do you suggest me? To put away the go here mod until the recast?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    No need to apologizes my dear @igazor. The misunderstood is totally my fault.
    I got the go here mod it helps I didn't set it. I let the mod fixing the problems by itself.
    What do you suggest me? To put away the go here mod until the recast?
    That's difficult to say. The Inactive Daycare feature as it is now works better for some players than others. I keep switching it on within the GoHere mod, at least in some worlds. Then when it begins throwing errors all over the place about toddlers not being picked up at the end of the day (when I can see very well that they already have been picked up and are fine in their own homes already, some of them might even be in my active family), I get annoyed and end up switching it all off again.

But I wouldn't suggest not having the GoHere mod overall, it's a great thing to have. The Inactive Daycare feature is totally optional.
    NRaas > GoHere > Caregivers > Use Day Care Instead of Babysitters > T/F
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It happened to me, when I visited (as player of course) the Vargas it was late in the day and none of the toddlers were picked up by their families. So they stayed at night very late in the house more than midnight. It is the weekend in my game.
    Me too I would be so sad if you suggested me to delete it. Go Here avoids so much problems in my game I am so thankful.

Indeed .the day care instead of babysitters turned true in my game I turned it off. Thankfully it will fix my problems. Thank you you are my life saviour. @igazor
  • Options
    @igazor :
    I got a good new ! I followed your suggestion about the old saves that is not touched by the problems. I am working on it and still doing it. It took me long because I had to good deep playing with the MC. Roughly I was successful to unlock the situation. I put Go Here and Traffic out my current Mods folder , I'll put them back after correcting my problem.

I played a bit with the Vargas, I waited until the Sunday. I use the Nrass Master Controler and played around it. I added a homeless townie as a roommate of the Vargas. Before switching from the parents of the toddlers they were in charge to look for. I sent back parents who were out in their town, like that , they picked up their toddlers.
    I moved the Vargas from the house . I deleted them. I use the divided the household to extract them from the house.
    I also did the same for the roommate, the house was empty.
    I bulldozed the house.

I opened the CAS, I picked up my Vargas' family changing their LTW and I moved the fresh new copy in a new house different than one they used to live before.

Problem solved !

--
    Now my second problem with the non-coming of the Child Abuse Social Worker is because they were set to be disabled them with Register. So none of them could come to my the Vargas house.
    The problem was the social worker failed to route. The registrer blocks their come.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    The Child Care Social Worker is a Service Sim.

Register doesn't really prevent the spawning of Service Sims when they are needed, there is no real way to do that with any mod. The best it can do is limit the Service Pools (already assigned Service Sims off-screen with nothing to do), but that doesn't typically accomplish anything. If you find that setting a Service Pool to 0 is causing problems, then perhaps it would be best to not do that.

Off-screen Service Sims don't really add any measurable overhead to a game like residents do. They never progress, they just stand by in hibernation mode waiting for an assignment and occasionally may get pushed to community lots to act as extras or generally just be out and about to give the world a slightly busier feel to it. If there are no available sims in the required Service Pool, one should still spawn but in your world they may be doing so in an unfortunate place and then getting stuck.

Regardless, glad the problem is solved though. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Indeed you are right here is the reason of the error that always pop-up.
    0x00019 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Services.SocialWorkerAdoptionSituation+WaitToRoute:Init
  • Options
    I finally found a save far before the problem occured from April 3rd 2018. Everything is fixed.
    Thank you @igazor for all the wonderful tips you taught me and for the help.