Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brand New Save Crashes Faster Than Huge Save

polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
So the title pretty much says it all.

I know there's something wrong with my game, but I still can't wrap my head around why a brand new Bridgeport save, which hasn't even left game setup, would crash in two minutes just entering build/buy mode....

When I can play my big save in Starlight Shores with 20 sims+1 cat in a giant mansion long enough to get error 12s now, and can use build/buy mode. Lol.

If anyone could help me I'd be extremely grateful...

Is my game just backward? Because nraas stylist crashes immediately too when apparently that's supposed to be more stable than CAS...

Extra info that I'm not sure is important or not:
I am editing a penthouse apartment during crash
I have removed a couple hidden room markers from said penthouse, as well as editing the exterior walls, something you cannot do without restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false.
I have only used a few pieces of cc. The amount of cc used was even more negligible when the crashing began.
I am using alt key to place certain furniture.
I have not edited anything else in town yet.

Something that I think is important: I have been given a message about a corrupt pair of male shoes in my game but am unsure how to find them as dashboard has found nothing...and every cc has been tested.
I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Corrupt CC tends to hide in the DCCache folder in the dbc bundled files where sims3pack content gets installed to (the ebc files also in there are your TS3 EA Store content, any tmp files are expendable garbage). It can come along for the ride with downloaded sims and lots and remain dormant in there for a very long time until something triggers it to act up. So on some test runs of a Bridgeport setup, try in order:
    -- Pull out all of your dbc files from DCCache, set them aside, and empty out your DCBackup folder of everything except the required ccmerged file.
    -- Pull your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to the Desktop for safekeeping and launch the game. A new, no-content at all game folder will spawn. Your content, mods, saved games, etc. will still be safe in the pulled out folder.

In either case, can you get a new Bridgeport game started and some small edits like the ones you have described going without the crashing? Can you put your mods back in and use MC > Stylist properly?

Just to clarify, yes MC's Stylist is more stable that EA's CAS and its subsets, but it is no less susceptible to problems that might be caused by bad CC.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I am trying these out as I type.

So far, after doing the first piece of advice it still crashed, but I am hopeful.

Trying out the second piece of advice now :)
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @igazor Update: With empty folder, loaded fine. Edited fine. No crash. Placed random ea items everywhere with no problem, even used cheats, no issue.

I tested out one single mod and it immediately crashed. Perhaps this mod is an issue? It is a mod to disable woohoo disgrace for celebrities who sleep with the occults. This was, thinking back, a mod I added around the time my crashing issues first began, many months ago...

Will try adding a different mod just to check that the same thing doesn't happen though....

Update: added all the other mods and cc beside that first mod and the game works okay without the mod! It still freezes a teensy bit but I can edit now and save and do everything just fine so far! Will come back if that changes lol. Thank you igazor!
    Post edited by polrbear on
  • Options
    It's odd for what I assume is a Tuning Mod from your description to cause crashes like that, but guess it's possible if it's really outdated. Can you link me to where you got it from?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Looking back at the page, it is from 2013 *Slaps own forehead* I should be more careful! Third comment in this discussion:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=15287.0

Saw a post while looking for it that says I can disable the occult woohoo disgraceful actions using nraas story progression..
    Is that true?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I would be skittish over trying to use a mod that is not only from 2013 (many of them will not have needed updating and still be fine, others not so much), but much more so from accepting one from a Guest user on just about any forum who made it themselves. It's possible that they were a modding genius (in 2013, before the EPs and patches finished coming out) but equally as possible that they had no idea what they were doing. Or something in between. I don't even know if this function can be carried out successfully by using only a Tuning Mod.

The NRaas StoryProgression way:

On a sim for Sim and Household, on City Hall or an in-game computer for Caste and Town:
    NRaas > SP > Sim (Household, Caste, Town) Options > Friendship:Allow Celebrity Disgrace > T/F

On City Hall or an in-game computer:
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Friendships > Options:Celebrity > Disallow Disgrace by Type
    (and four other Disgrace related options on the same menu)

(SP Relationship add-on module required for all of the above)

Don't be thrown off by the "Friendship" designation, that's the script coding category for all of the Celeb/Disgrace functions. It doesn't have anything to do with "Friendship" as we typically think of the word, it has to do with sims' friendly or non-friendly relationships with each other, as opposed to for example family or romantic ones.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!