Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Work glitch in Lunar Lakes

Playing in Lunar Lakes for the first time and I've discovered that every time someone receives a promotion, they will leave work, even if they only got there an hour before. Can anyone help me solve this glitch? Especially since I have to go use MC to put them back into work and when I go into town view, I run the risk of my game crashing (it usually doesn't do this in the first hour of playing but after that...).

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you using NRaas StoryProgression by any chance? There is an option in there someplace to prevent sims from ever receiving promotions until the end of their current work day to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

On MC though, if you can get to the sim in Live Mode, you can issue the Go To Work command directly without having to retreat to Map View.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I'll have to investigate the SP option and see if that helps, thank you :)

The problem isn't always Map View. Sometimes, I click on a sim to take me to them, and the game will freeze. It's a glitch I've always had with the game, and having a gaming computer hasn't fixed it! But it usually only happens after I've been playing for an hour or more.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    This issue is quite common and not exclusive to Lunar Lakes. I've had this happen many times in mod-free games, and the most common cause is the default career outfit becoming corrupt.

To fix, choose Plan Outfit on any dresser: select Career, then click the + button to create a new outfit (the default one cannot be changed).
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This issue is quite common and not exclusive to Lunar Lakes. I've had this happen many times in mod-free games, and the most common cause is the default career outfit becoming corrupt.

To fix, choose Plan Outfit on any dresser: select Career, then click the + button to create a new outfit (the default one cannot be changed).
    A corrupt career outfit will prevent a sim from ever going to work. I thought the problem was that the sim gets promoted in the middle of their shift and then gets sent home until the next workday. The underlying reason for that would be that shifts and workdays tend to change at different career levels, as do their rates of pay, so I believe this happens to prevent sims from working on days and at times when they wouldn't really be scheduled to and so as to not have to calculate a blended rate paycheck.

That's why, for many of us (using mods), it's better to have the promotions only be able to happen at the end of a scheduled workday after a sim leaves and gets paid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    igazor wrote: »

A corrupt career outfit will prevent a sim from ever going to work. I thought the problem was that the sim gets promoted in the middle of their shift and then gets sent home until the next workday. The underlying reason for that would be that shifts and workdays tend to change at different career levels, as do their rates of pay, so I believe this happens to prevent sims from working on days and at times when they wouldn't really be scheduled to and so as to not have to calculate a blended rate paycheck.

That's why, for many of us (using mods), it's better to have the promotions only be able to happen at the end of a scheduled workday after a sim leaves and gets paid.

In all my years of Simming, I've never had a promotion happen at anytime other than the end of the shift (the exception being those rare "chance" cards where there's a 50-50 chance something good will happen). I was totally unaware that a mod existed for that, since I always just thought it was something that was supposed to happen. Maybe I've just gotten lucky though.

In my experience with corrupted career outfits, my Sims will go to work but will leave before their shift ends. It's like someone cancelled the action. But I just change their career outfit and send them back. Again, maybe I'm lucky, but it's happened way too many times to be a coincidence IMO.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Thank you both for the advice :). My glitch was simply that the promotions were happening in the middle of the day and then sending them home. I fixed it in MC and now things are running smoothly :)