Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excessively Large Amounts of Scrap

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
My sim went on a scrap collecting binge and ended up with 4232 pieces of scrap, which invariably crashes the inventing workbench and freezes the game (for me, up to about three minutes), which essentially means I can't do anything.

StupidLargeAmtofScrap.jpg

Is there any way of fixing this other than to go into NRAAS>Basic>Sell Item and selling all the scrap? - Update: Evidently not - since resetSim to see if the items were stuck didn't work...and neither did resetting the Workbench.

So the solution is: NRAAS>MC>Basic>Sell Item>to an amount smaller than 300pcs of scrap at a time, then collect your scrap as you need it.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you want to try a nraas "transfer from" on the sim with the scrap? I think you get to select how many of an item you transfer, and you can send them to another family member, who can then place the 300 or so pieces of scrap in the workbench. I suppose "transfer to" would also work if you start the command from a sim who doesn't have the scrap.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Erm, agreeing with the above but the fact that there appear to be 13 sims in the active household might also be playing a factor. Or is that not really so and just some creative use of the PortraitPanel mod?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net