Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Make Eighth Sim a Premade in CAS.

I am currently trying to set up a eight sim family to take pictures of them in a new file.

I got to the sixth child, the eighth sim, and tried to change it to the premade child, however it won't allow me to, because I'm already at "Household Capacity." What the hay...

Im not trying to add a ninth sim, just change the eighth random to a premade sim who was born in another save.

Please, if anyone knows a work around, it would be much appreciated, because google has no relevant results.
I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    As you are an NRaas mod user, MC can be set to lift the limit of 8 sims per household. I know that you aren't really trying to overfill this one, but sometimes this does happen when trying to work in the final sim. The MC Integration module is required to extend the limit in CAH and it only goes to 10 sims that way.

The path of less resistance though is usually to create the household in two pieces, then move them in together in-game and use MC to adjust parent/child relationships as needed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Thanks for the info @igazor I will definitely take your advice and do that at some point. Unfortunately my game is on right now.

I've deleted one of the mothers, added the missing child, and am continuously adding and deleting an eighth sim until it randomly chooses the second mom. Goodness knows how long it'll take. It likes to randomly choose the same ones...not very random LOL
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I'm not familiar with the trick you are trying to do but if it worked before, try move out or evict?
    Can you temporarily move one sim to a temporary tiny empty lot on the same world, just long enough to do the conversion you are trying to do with the 6th kid?

I use mods that make my game more playable, and I have removed the 8 sim limit.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the trick you are trying to do but if it worked before, try move out or evict?
    Can you temporarily move one sim to a temporary tiny empty lot on the same world, just long enough to do the conversion you are trying to do with the 6th kid?

I use mods that make my game more playable, and I have removed the 8 sim limit.

I have no eight sim limit in game either. I am in CAS/CAH. Trying to change a randomised eighth sim into a child I had saved to bin.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Thanks for the explanation, that's something I haven't tried to do in Play with Genetics, not quite that way. I have saved individual brewskis into the bin and have modded relationships only after going back into game. :/
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣