Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Check Log for Details?

SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I'm trying to download things from thesims3.com. I downloaded some things successfully the other day (I got a new laptop and downloaded my previously purchased items just fine) but now I'm trying to download an item I missed, along with the festival lot for Roaring Heights. When I try I get an error that says: "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details." But I don't know what log it means. I also have no idea why there is an error! When I first tried downloading it asked me to log-in while in the launcher screen. I entered my password but it just refreshed the log-in window, even though I'm 100% positive I typed it correctly. Then when I relaunched I started getting the message. I restarted my laptop and ran the game just fine, then I tried again, but now I'm just getting the error message (without the log-in thing)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have no CC or mods or anything, the only downloads are from the store.

EDIT: Oh, and just out of curiosity (I don't get Sims genetics)- does anyone know how Samantha Cassat and David Morgan just had a pretty little BLONDE girl? I've played that game multiple times, seen multiple babies, but never a blonde. I'm not upset, in fact I'm quite happy (She's a little doll! David Morgan makes the most gorgeous daughters for some reason) but I am a tad confused.

Comments

• Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    Yep. So, I had to restart my laptop again (for an unrelated thing) and now it's working just fine. Because of course it is.

I'm always amazed how so many of these issues are apparently fixed by posting a board and asking how to fix them -_-
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Glad your game is behaving again. The log file referred to is in the user/documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 (root) folder.
    Rebooting seems to fix general computer glitches (for me, sometimes caused by Windows 10), although I haven't experienced it in TS3 in my games.

Sims 3 doesn't use dominant/recessive genetics in an expected way. You can read more about it on one of the Wiki's
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Genetics

for Sims 3, it says (ref italics):
      Physical characteristics[/]
      [*] Genetics in The Sims 3 are much more simplified. There are no dominant and recessive genes, and the game simply combines features of the parents, pulling occasionally from earlier generations such as grandparents. There is a very high mutation (i.e. two dark-haired parents having a child with blonde hair, even though nobody in their family has that hair color) rate of 10%, which can be lowered to a more reasonable rate using mods.
      [*] Skin tones are blended by The Sims 3 genetics. For example, a Sim with light green skin and another with dark blue can still have a child with dark green or light blue skin, as the light or dark and hue are handed down separately.
      Inheritable traits
      [*] Sims may pass on traits when traits are randomly determined. Sims can also inherit hidden traits from their parents; there is a 50% chance of passing one of these traits on if one of the parents has one.
      Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
      ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    • Options
      igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
      edited March 2018
      Since I have nothing helpful left to add to this thread that hasn't already been covered, I will point out that yes studies have shown that 32% of all computer errors will resolve themselves 71% of the time (with a 28% margin of error) just by having complained about them on an Internet message board. ;)
      o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
      NRaas has moved!
      Our new site is at http://nraas.net