Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game stuttering and freezing...

...even though my hardware more than exceeds the requirements.

Desktop
Win10 64-bit
GTX 1060 (graphics card), less than a year old
391 GB free of 930 GB
8 GB RAM

Cache files are cleared religiously before starting a new session and immediately after closing the game. All of my drivers are up to date, and I do not use mods or CC.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me figure out why this is happening. If there's anything else you need from me, just ask.
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    is it only one ongoing game that is doing this or any of them? What happens if you start a new test game? And which world(s) are you playing in, does that make any difference to the performance you are getting?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited March 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    is it only one ongoing game that is doing this or any of them? What happens if you start a new test game? And which world(s) are you playing in, does that make any difference to the performance you are getting?

I tried a few different saves~ Twinbrook, Monte Vista, Starlight Shores, and Roaring Heights were the ones I tested. But I closed the game and rebooted my PC, which seems to have fixed it (for now, anyway).

I wonder if there wasn't something running in the background that was eating up resources (which still doesn't make sense, as all of my non-Sims games work fine). Weird.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Windows 10 has auto updates and has been known to interfere with the game before. It's possible your computer was updating in the background
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Windows 10 has auto updates and has been known to interfere with the game before. It's possible your computer was updating in the background

I didn't know that, but I'll add it to the list of reasons I hate windows 10. :lol:

Thanks!

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I didn't know that, but I'll add it to the list of reasons I hate windows 10. :lol:

Thanks!

Your welcome. I'm not a fan of windows 10 either. :/
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    How does the game run without mods? It’s been a long time since I tried it. Is the game playable without Nrass mods?
  • Options
    CreeperKing1845CreeperKing1845 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm getting the same issue and I can't even make a thread asking for help so I'm here now ;(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm getting the same issue and I can't even make a thread asking for help so I'm here now ;(
    Hi there. We have a thread set up on the TS3 Tech Discussions board specifically for those with New Member status who need some help.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest

I would suggest posting there, but we need a bit more information to be able to assist. The specs of your computer would be a good start (processor, RAM, graphics card, hard drive space), or a full dxdiag report sent up to pastebin.com with a broken up link provided so we can read it.

How to run a dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

This assumes Windows. If you are running the Mac version of the game, that would require a different conversation.

We would also want to know how many EPs you have in play and which ones, and whether the stutter and freeze happens in any world you play, just one or two, or if only an ongoing game but not newly started ones.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net