Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there secret updates to Sims 4 we're not noticing? (New thought bubbles, glitches repaired)

So going back to the days of Sims 3, I recall little blips where if we were getting new items in upcoming packs/patches, beforehand maybe a couple times a day, my sims would desire the new item/thing that was coming in the days/weeks ahead, this happened a good few times when hot tubs were coming and even before they were released, a few days into a new patch my sim had a desire to buy one and today I saw a locals child walk by the house and in his thought bubble was....A BUNK BED.

Now how could he desire or be thinking of something not in game? Where did this idea even come from...

this is where my very tired yet somewhat working brain said to itself "Gee, wouldn't it be weird if this is a glitch brought on by a secret unannounced patch, say one EA didn't tell us about because they're constantly working on fixes and at this point it seems a waste of time to announce a fix for a few minor problems"

Useless and senseless as my brain was and still is...it would explain a few things.

Yes I'm open to the idea these are already happening and I've been so far under a rock I've failed to hear/notice about it, yet during my time here I've not seen/heard anything of the like nor have Simmers mentioned these "quiet" fixes, therefore I'm assuming this is a minor thing as while noticing new unseen thought bubbles, I've also begun to notice small fixes within my gameplay, ones that formally annoyed me to a point where I'd give up playing until a patch was announced.

Basically they were too much of a small constant to go unnoticed, so when I felt my game was smoother, I noticed the lack of problems...for now anyway.

Of course I'm also open to this bubble coming with the Laundry pack accidentally, maybe someone threw it in by mistake or intentionally to keep the brilliant hunters for new content busy while they work on this new stuff pack that the Guru's have been hinting about (Yes I check twitter...I got my eye on you, Guru...)

But for right now, I'm playing detective and assuming they're releasing secret mini patches to maybe hide the fact the game is so bug riddled or because they don't want to bother us with "Hey here's a list of the bugs we've fixed" because they know if it's nothing we wanted fixed to begin with then all they're gonna receive is complaints and in that case I'd secretly repair the sims 4 too, better to play the fix it gnome than have people yell at me for doing my job.

So yeah, These are things I've noticed, maybe it's new, maybe it's not, but I'd love to hear if you noticed any new appearances within the game whether its fixes or bubbles or whatever!

Have a nice day, y'all! I'm going to try and adopt that fluffy cat that keeps stealing my sims puppies food

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had the same icon today!! But Graham already sayed that bunkbeds are too much for a stuff pack, so I think it will be in a patch.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The bunk bed icon is old.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Do you mean the bunk bed in this image?
    It's there since the release in 2014
    tumblr_nd7mofUuZL1sh6xelo6_1280.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Yup Bunk bed icon in thought bubbles is old, so it may come in a future gamepack or expansion (Someone mentioned it was too big to put into a stuffpack but maybe they said that BEFORE adding freaking washing machines/dryers etc etc in Laundry day, which has had the most activity items so far so yah never know)

Can sims please start hinting at L shaped and spiral staircases please x'D I'm dying to have those in my game.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Yup Bunk bed icon in thought bubbles is old, so it may come in a future gamepack or expansion (Someone mentioned it was too big to put into a stuffpack but maybe they said that BEFORE adding freaking washing machines/dryers etc etc in Laundry day, which has had the most activity items so far so yah never know)

Can sims please start hinting at L shaped and spiral staircases please x'D I'm dying to have those in my game.

If icons for bunk beds have been around since the first release of the game, why has it taken more than 3 years to implement it? And that's even if they still will.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    But if you didn't notice, now sims always use the scales of pools, while before they never used them. So I think we'll soon & finally get bunkbeds.
    Lu4ERme.gif