Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 18th Anniversary

What do you all think we'll be getting for the 18th anniversary, which falls on Monday, February 5th.

Here's some info on past anniversaries.

2017-01-30
SimGuru Panda

The Sims™ turns 17 this week, and we want to take this time to celebrate all the Simmers that helped us to hit this huge milestone. Without our amazing community, we never would have gotten to where we are now - so the whole week is going to be totally dedicated to you!

In your honor, we’ve got a few fun things planned, including:

We're launching a free in-game update* for The Sims 4 on Thursday, which will bring some changes to the main menu as well as a 17th Anniversary celebratory shirt for Sims of all sizes!
Daily The Sims 4 code giveaways on Twitter, offering prizes that span from base game to the latest EP;
A series of new Simmer Spotlights on TheSims.com, highlighting some of our great Simmers from all over the world;
An Origin Sale for The Sims 4 titles, Twitch Streams from our amazing community, and a couple of fun (and delicious looking) videos!

2016-02-05
SimGuruDrake

Happy Sweet 16
The Sims franchise turns 16 today! Seriously! 16 years ago on February 4, the original The Sims was released. Since then the franchise has grown and grown, with The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and, of course, The Sims 4. We wanted to celebrate the 16th Anniversary of The Sims by adding some new content in a free* Update to The Sims 4.
The stuff available in this Update wasn’t chosen randomly, either – fans who have been around since the first game might notice a common thread here. There’s one specific thing chosen to represent each base game in the franchise!
From The Sims, we’re bringing an homage to the Tragic Clown by way of a painting of the sad fool. One look at it and your Sim will walk away with a “Tragic Clown is Tragic” Moodlet. If it makes your Sim sad, why look at it? Because sometimes everyone needs a good cry. But fear not – there’s also a Plumbob Poster you can use to decorate your Sim’s room. It doesn’t do anything, but we hope that when you look at it, you’re filled with happy feelings of llamas and grilled cheese.
Speaking of grilled cheese, The Sims 2 fans likely remember the Grilled Cheese Aspiration, and we’re happy to bring it to The Sims 4. If you want your Sim to have a (mildly unhealthy) obsession with Grilled Cheese, this is definitely the way to do it.
The… wait, did someone just steal your Sim’s TV? Oh, it might be because they have the Kleptomaniac Trait from The Sims 3. Sims with this Trait can’t help but swipe objects from their neighbors, or the Club, or… well, anywhere they go.
There’s also an NPC coming back: the Gardener! With a phone call, the Gardener will come to your Sim’s house and take care of their plants. We’ve had a lot of requests for this NPC to return, and we’re really happy to include it as part of this Update.

It’s all in-game starting today, and we really hope you enjoy this celebratory Update. Happy 16th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    jbabyyy93jbabyyy93 Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope they have a huge sale for their 18th anniversary and maybe add a new pack! I want/NEED more packs! haha
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sims is turning 18. In my country that would mean taking the sims out to go get some juice. :)
    I think maybe some cloths, or some new cakes styles. Cake styles would be cool.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    153829d9d5733f9a9add4f5454b96ec30a151212ce88ff15ce8eae63a5f4bc4c.jpg

I think companies just tend to make a small statement or at most provide a small free gift. I doubt anything meaningful comes of it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I hope some new items, nothing big but idk something from one of the previous games would be nice... maybe the shared shaped vibrating bed or the heart shaped couch? (to also go along with V day?)
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    lip shaped couch*
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    I hope some new items, nothing big but idk something from one of the previous games would be nice... maybe the shared shaped vibrating bed or the heart shaped couch? (to also go along with V day?)

Heart(?) shaped bed?
  • Options
    KrisstieLKrisstieL Posts: 2 New Member
    I am hoping for a sale like last year. Do you think that will happen?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Heart(?) shaped bed?

Screenshot-283.jpg
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Heart(?) shaped bed?

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/sharkloverplayer_2008/media/Subalbum 2/Screenshot-283.jpg.html
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    lol sorry about the double posting.... I clicked on edit but it double posted or something, sorry about that.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Three new missing radio stations: Hip Hop, R&B, Latin/Salsa
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Three new missing radio stations: Hip Hop, R&B, Latin/Salsa

I'll vote for R&B and Latin.
  • Options
    DavidNDavidN Posts: 3 New Member
    > @12JEREMIA said:
    > Three new missing radio stations: Hip Hop, R&B, Latin/Salsa

And don't forget about radio station, Rock
  • Options
    DavidN wrote: »
    > @12JEREMIA said:
    > Three new missing radio stations: Hip Hop, R&B, Latin/Salsa

And don't forget about radio station, Rock
    Only in a different pack!
  • Options
    I can see radio stations being added in future packs but free updates are an option too I guess.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    The 16 year anniversary was cool, adding something from each iteration. Id like if they did something like that again.
  • Options
    I can see radio stations being added in future packs but free updates are an option too I guess.
    *talks low* Why thank you Gelysen!
  • Options
    BbbaelaBbbaela Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm tempted to buy more packs right now but I'm afraid there'll be a sale on the anniversary but I'm so impatient that I can't wait
  • Options
    Bbbaela wrote: »
    I'm tempted to buy more packs right now but I'm afraid there'll be a sale on the anniversary but I'm so impatient that I can't wait

Buy half of the ones you want now and, if/when the others go on sale, buy them.
  • Options
    Bbbaela wrote: »

Or buy the cheapest ones now and wait with the more expensive ones?
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • Options
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Bbbaela wrote: »
    >
    > I'm tempted to buy more packs right now but I'm afraid there'll be a sale on the anniversary but I'm so impatient that I can't wait
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Buy half of the ones you want now and, if/when the others go on sale, buy them.

> @Gelysen said:
    > Bbbaela wrote: »
    >
    > I'm tempted to buy more packs right now but I'm afraid there'll be a sale on the anniversary but I'm so impatient that I can't wait
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Or buy the cheapest ones now and wait with the more expensive ones?

Which packs would you all recommend?
    I have all the expansion packs except Cat&Dogs
    All the game pack except Spa Day
    Stuff pack I own: Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen and Perfect Patio
  • Options
    KrisstieLKrisstieL Posts: 2 New Member
    Origin just startet its anniversary sale where I live. 50% on EP (including cats & dogs) and 25% on GP.
  • Options
    omg!!! and I don't have the pack they are selling at a discount xD
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Doesn't seem like any new content, but we'll see how next week plays out. I would love if they brought terrain/pond tool in a patch with it because that would be perfect way to celebrate something from the first game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller