Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy a real eco-living GP?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My vote goes with not sure Eco Living is the last thing I think the game needs but if chickens and other animals were added I would have to get it because farming I do want. I'd rather get farming in its own pack though so I could get the features I actually want with more detail and I think things like beekeeping and making preserves fits better with a farm pack.

I mean really what is Eco Living going to add solar panels a recycling bin instead of a trash can (yay) our perfectly clean perfect worlds are saved!
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I would love to see a farm with farm animals, a farmer aspiration, home phone, newspaper, hay, ready made barn, a few mor crops like hay, corn and oats.
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    It would depend on how well thought out the features are and, hopefully, there wouldn't be just one new object with a new animation.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'd buy it, If they completely SCRAP the popular, Boho, Country Bumpkin Vibe, and go for Modern ECO Living Such as

1. more efficient upgrades to everything in the house (from Windows and Doors, to even your Appliences, Electronics, and even Plumbing),
    2. Aqua Culture (the art of growing plants and breeding fish for food, with minimal effort, becuase the Fish and Plants take care of eachover by the fish waste fertalizing the plants, and the plants waste feeding the fish),
    3. Beekeeping (for your sweet tooth)
    4. Renewable energy (such as Wind Turbines, Solar Panels, Geothermal, and Batteries, to store the extra energy)

I think when the average person thinks of being Eco Concious and thinking it means NO/MINIMAL TECH, RUSTIC/COUNTRY BUMPKIN, I think THATS what puts SO MANY people off of it, Its what puts me off of it, Yet I wan't to be Eco Freindly as well, WITHOUT being without modern amenaties.

So when EA/MAXIS decides to make an ECO Pack of any kind (SIMGURUS, I MEAN YOU), Research modern ways to be eco friendly, without sacrificing Modern Technology, believe me, you'd be amazed by actual Eco Technologies that exist right now, and I don't mean just in the Renewable Energies department (plus the magic of Effiency).
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Voted too hastily! Off the grid, yes please! Some modern solar panel to make my virtual energy clean? Nah, I don't see the point.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Oh definitely! Still really curious what they could do with this theme now that laundry's out of the way.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited January 2018
    no. i prefer a farming pack, also:
    Not after this price change.

^^
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    It's what I wanted out of the SP, so I would probably buy an GP that expanded on the original theme.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I thought this last one was supposed to be an eco pack. With my luck, a different eco pack would start that way, and then the guru organizing it would say, "Okay, if you want CARS in this pack, you need to speak up!" And then one of the choices would be a Prius and people would say, "See, it IS an eco pack!"

Fortunately, for me, Laundry Pack means I save $10.

Actually, laundry was one of the possible options for this pack from the start and the only reason it won the theme vote. In the original theme vote, this was the description of "Eco Living" (which could mean a lot of things to different people): "Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology and solar energy." So, it wasn't added later. Also, the 4 gameplay options were laundry, off the grid, food preserves, and carbon conscious. Laundry won the vote. It was a community stuff pack and more people in the community wanted laundry than any of the 3 other options (which are all gameplay features mentioned by the OP above). It's comical that people keep trying to blame the devs.....this was a community pack and the community picked laundry, not the devs.

• Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I do a lot of rags to riches and prefer to have my sims living off the land anyhow so this is a no brainer for me.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd buy it, If they completely SCRAP the popular, Boho, Country Bumpkin Vibe, and go for Modern ECO Living Such as

1. more efficient upgrades to everything in the house (from Windows and Doors, to even your Appliences, Electronics, and even Plumbing),
    2. Aqua Culture (the art of growing plants and breeding fish for food, with minimal effort, becuase the Fish and Plants take care of eachover by the fish waste fertalizing the plants, and the plants waste feeding the fish),
    3. Beekeeping (for your sweet tooth)
    4. Renewable energy (such as Wind Turbines, Solar Panels, Geothermal, and Batteries, to store the extra energy)

I think when the average person thinks of being Eco Concious and thinking it means NO/MINIMAL TECH, RUSTIC/COUNTRY BUMPKIN, I think THATS what puts SO MANY people off of it, Its what puts me off of it, Yet I wan't to be Eco Freindly as well, WITHOUT being without modern amenaties.

So when EA/MAXIS decides to make an ECO Pack of any kind (SIMGURUS, I MEAN YOU), Research modern ways to be eco friendly, without sacrificing Modern Technology, believe me, you'd be amazed by actual Eco Technologies that exist right now, and I don't mean just in the Renewable Energies department (plus the magic of Effiency).

Yeah agreed, don't really need too much of the boho style either. Although I don't mind more ways of living without technology in TS4 (I still wish they would give us a way not to have to use that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 phone for example). You're right though that there's plenty of eco friendly tech and some of it would definitely be nice to see included, but in the spirit of options, I'd enjoy it if we also got more ways not to use tech and have some sims be more disconnected and self-sufficient :)
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Very much so! From that description, it could be a good part of a full-on rural/farming EP - a big world and some cows and sheep and horses.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm curious what living off the grid would entail exactly. But no to everything else mentioned, those parts don't appeal to me.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited January 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wouldn’t want a Eco-Living GP if there are only 4-5 game packs left in TS4’s life span. There are so many better themes they could do.

Why do so many people think that TS 4 is coming to the end soon?
  • Options
    J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I always like to see what's in the pack first and how well the game seems on camera (forever watching reviews on YT) but I enjoyed the look of the Laundry Stuff when I saw videos overviewing that so I probably would.