Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Intriguing object description. Witches? Druids? D&D?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    They do actually put hints towards upcoming pack. Especially if it is highly anticipated, wanted by many players, and aren't being announced yet. Do anyone here remember the doctor doll from parenthood which includes the vet in the description? They aren't going to put vet right there if they aren't working on it, don't they? Putting hints is also one of the marketing strategies to build up hype before the announcement.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They have said that they don't do hints, you say they do, hmmmmmmmm.... who should I believe....them.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    EA is known for outright lying to its customers.
    Not unlike several other Videogame Companies as well.
    There are several examples of things that were actually hints. Item descriptions and icons in speech bubbles have yet to be confirmed to be hints, but the kitchen station in Dine Out has a baby bottle and a Teddybear, that was taken as a Hint for Toddlers, Toddlers came to the game. Another Example is the Vet Toy in Parenthood and the Vet Career in Cats and Dogs.
    Then there's the Picture of the Vampire lady and the Werewolf guy in Spooky Accessories and the Vampires Gamepack.
    I am 100% convinced the Werewolf statues in Vampires are Hints towards Werewolves too, but that is yet to turn out correctly.

There were also several occasions where People saw Hints and got their hopes up, and then there was nothing, like the puddle on the beach that leads a lot of people to believe rain would be patched in, which makes no sense from a business perspective. But there are hints for Seasons in the C&D EP.
    I never read the tweet where they said they don't do hints, but in a YouTube video, someone said they don't do hints IN ITEM DESCRIPTIONS. If that is correct, they NEVER said they don't do them AT ALL, just that they are not in item descriptions.

But then, if there are hints, just not in item descriptions and speech bubble icons... Why did the Devs tell us multiple times in the livestream to make sure and read the item descriptions?
    Hmm...
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    because some of the devs (like graham) put a lot of work into the descriptions and want their work noticed? nah, couldn't be.

that's also what i was saying. the items themselves can have hints (like the teddy bear in the cooking station), but they've said the item descriptions don't purposefully give hints (just tease us about stuff we want, like seasons...)
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Even if the Descriptions themselves are no hint's, the fact that there are so many Items with references to magic in the descriptions is a bit suspicious. If it was just 1 or 2, okay, but so many? In a Stuff Pack, no less. In a Gamepack or an EP, there would be no real reason to notice.
    Something is going on. Even if unintentional, there is something going on with magic. Either it is the next stuff pack, one of the next ones, or one of the packs that are developed by one of the other teams and the development is far enough that there are discussions on how the Laundry pack things will interact with it.
    That might have had some influence, intentional or not.
    I am absolutely convinced that there is something. Even if those texts are not hints.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was also thinking that DRU meant Druid.
    What's intriguing is that they used the word "occult" which is the official term of special Sims like Vampires.

Maybe they want to go in a new direction and create a new occult never seen before in The Sims series.

Or maybe the Druid will only be the "male" term for Witch in this series

Maybe Druids will replace Fairies in terms of nature magic, so you can have occults who work with nature/gardening (perhaps included in Seasons if it's on the planning board?) without having to deal with wings that stick through clothing and furniture (graphical glitches with the wings were one thing that was problematic with Sims 3's fairies).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I sure hope not we only get 2 game packs a year exploring is bad enough I don't want the second to be supernatural we just got 1 last year game packs need to expand on the game not just keep introducing supernaturals.

For many players, introducing supernaturals is expanding gameplay. And you can't really say that they "keep introducing" supernaturals when we've got a grand total of two supernaturals, aliens and vampires. (Well, three if you count ghosts but you can't create ghosts in game unless you use cheats.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I sure hope not we only get 2 game packs a year exploring is bad enough I don't want the second to be supernatural we just got 1 last year game packs need to expand on the game not just keep introducing supernaturals.

ehh what do you mean 1 last year? the sim gurus said the sims 4 will very likely go on for much longer than the sims2 & 3 did due to their stability and stuff.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    They definitely put hints for packs. They told us all the toddler hints were fake, too.
  • Options
    hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I felt like they were hinting at a witch/magic pack! I actually made a little trailer and just uploaded it today, obviously it's fan-made and not official but I hope you guys like it :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77hoBkgrgRY
  • Options
    J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    Literally begging for magic in the game now, I want it so badly!! All these possible hints just get me more and more excited
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They have said that they don't do hints, you say they do, hmmmmmmmm.... who should I believe....them.

They say they don't do hints, but they are literally providing hints and have done so in many packs. You're believing their words over their actions?
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They say they don't do hints, but they are literally providing hints and have done so in many packs. You're believing their words over their actions?

They are definitely doing hints. Remember the live stream of Laundry Day Stuff when Graham said "scent of.... spring" and everyone in the room started laughing. What's so funny about spring? Oh yeah, Seasons and the team knows they're working on Seasons.

They also had the interaction "Tell joke about vampires" since launch day and we got vampires.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SababsimmerSababsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Bring druids now want magic and spells