Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and Dogs

I am buying Cats and Dogs as a Xmas gift for myself.
Now... my main household is a pair of married lesbian vampires. Can you have a good dog household not being able to be outside during daytime?
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am buying Cats and Dogs as a Xmas gift for myself.
    Now... my main household is a pair of married lesbian vampires. Can you have a good dog household not being able to be outside during daytime?

No, they'll burn to death walking the dogs. I suggest having a human servant to care for the dogs while the vamps sleep during the day.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2017
    just make the dog a couch potato and it won't ask to go on walks
    at least mine never has
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    or make the dog independant. the owner can tell it to go outside on its own
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    they can always just wait until nighttime for walks so they will be fine but at eleven of the vampire lore skill I believe I don't usually use it but there is a sun reversal cocktail you can learn. Then there is the sun resistance power they can unlock to be day walkers but the quickest way is of course to have dogs walk at night.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Shouldn't be a problem. As others have said there's ways for vampires to go out in the sun even if they didn't have sun immunity yet, and if they don't want to go out in the sun at all, take the dog on walks at night. Perhaps make sure the dog is not Active, then a nightly walk should surely be enough.
  • Options
    GoldenBeansGoldenBeans Posts: 3 New Member
    I found taking your dog for a jog while having vampiric run enabled usefull, still be carefull but if your energy is relatively full you are back before burning
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just walk them at night.
    you don't have to walk them everytime they want to, they may get abit annoying but they won't die or get taken away just because you can't walk them whenever they want, so if they bug you during daytime you can still wait till it's dark.

EDIT: just realized this thread is from 2017 :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Simple just take the dog on a walk at night. I've had several vampires who owned dogs, and that was how they did it.