Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snow...Without Snowing

I have this problem every time I have Seasons. It's autumn, and not a single snowflake has fallen. Yet, the ground is white. I removed winter and disabled snow, and I removed autumn. The ground again turned white. I turned on the cheats and forced the snow to melt. Again, the ground turned white. I'm at a loss; don't know what else to do or why this is happening...It's the worst part about Seasons.
Be safe.

Comments

• Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Hi Kim, I don't know if what you are seeing is frost -- which happens in autumn -- or if it is the thick white blanket that occurs when the game generates snowfall. If it's the latter, I cannot help you with your issue. But if it gets cold in the autumn, there is a dusting of frost that covers the ground. I don't know if that can be disabled, though.

I hope that you find a fix for your issue, though.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    Is there a 3 dimensional fluffy effect on the ground and can your sims have snowball fights and build snowmen, or is it just that the grass and the ground are a white color? If the temperatures are cold enough in any season, what you might be getting there is frost/frozen ground, not snow.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 258 Member
    @Idontrcall I hope so, too.
    @igazor Frost, my bad. Still pretty annoying; throws all my plants into dormancy.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    One thing you might consider is playing with all four seasons but make fall and winter really short vs. spring and summer very long. That way your sims (and you) get to experience all of the changes of seasons and the holidays but with the plant dormancy period lessened.

NRaas Tempest offers up other possibilities if you want to adjust weather patterns, for those not averse to using mods.

Or you could play with just spring and summer for a while from the Game Options?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited December 2017
    KimRS wrote: »
    @Idontrcall I hope so, too.
    @igazor Frost, my bad. Still pretty annoying; throws all my plants into dormancy.

@KimRS There's always building a greenhouse. Four walls, a bunch of large windows and voila. I've never had the problem of dormant plants (even in the dead of winter) with a greenhouse. :)

Screenshot-64.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Frost, my bad. Still pretty annoying; throws all my plants into dormancy.

While plant dormancy is supposed to be tied to how much frost occurs, I've used NRass Tempest to keep temperatures above freezing in Fall and all my plants go dormant anyhow. Maybe that's at EA bug, but it seems to me that dormancy is tied to how far into Fall you are. The only way I've found to get around this it to move the plants indoors.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Sometimes I can't be bothered to build a greenhouse, or I have a very small lot. I kinda wish that the blueprint object came with automatic green house plans with walls and greenhouse roofs. If only!

I just build a basement, then put in some of the soil rugs which come from ITF that will allow plants to grow (decor/rugs). I also use MOO and drop the SwiftGro Gardening Station in there if I am going to be growing a lot of stuff (the station really helps to make quality ingredients for home grown stuff used for nectar and potions).At this point you no longer need to use MOO to garden inside if you use the ITF soil rugs. A few dancing sunflowers are nice. Not everyone will have ITF nor the elements of the TS3 store's Stones Grow Greenhouse, but simmers that are serious about gardening will benefit from having these things. Plus ITF does have some interesting flora and fauna along with the rugs that behave like soil.

Otherwise, a simmer has to use MOO to plant seeds into the floor or a lot of those flower pots. The pots are nice for occasional plants but too tedious to me for a full garden.

Have fun with your game!

*MOO is the cheat: MoveObjects On (caps are not required)

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited December 2017
    One of the main reasons why I'm looking forward to getting ITF is so that I can build that Nuclear Bunker for my "Mushroom Cloud Chronicles" story reboot that I'm doing in "Le Sunset Died" world. My Sims need to figure out a way to grow "fresh food". :D Those soil rugs are gonna come in handy. Eventually, I'll pick up the Stones Throw Greenhouse at the store. It's on the list of things to get at the store.

Yeah, that reboot of my Apocalypse story is going to be so fun. "Adios Sunset Valley" it's been nice knowing ya. :D

Screenshot-9-3-2.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited December 2017
    FWIW, I found Dystopian Future in ITF to be a lot of fun for me.
    An interesting thing I discovered while playing Showtime while my sim was living on Island Paradise, is that after she converted the Future to a dystopian state by encouraging sims to pollute their world, weird stuff happened when I took a building shell from ITF and planted it on an island in IP. I wanted to use the shell as a private venue so my sim would have a new venue at which to perform.

After I learned that a proprietor had been generated for the stage, I sent her to audition and when she arrived, meteors were bombarding the sidewalk around the building! At some point she was singed, then the proprietor came out of the building, singed or not, she was a mess... I wanted her to interact and get a gig. By this time the meteors had stopped wrecking the sidewalk, unfortunately the proprietor went back into the building and when my sim pursued, the proprietor had gone POOF.

I sent my sim there a couple more times in hopes of getting a gig, but was having many glitches from Showime at that point, not caused by the island venue, just bugs like disappearing costumes and proprietor turn overs resulting in disappearing gigs. But it was quite a fun experience to be at the venue while it was being bombarded on its sidewalks with meteors from the future. :D It did not get bombarded again,

While trying to clean up the game I removed several venues, including the dystopian venue, and some custom dive lots I had installed. Removed her from the Magician career, and got back a stable IP game but haven't been back to it for most of a year now.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 258 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Frost, my bad. Still pretty annoying; throws all my plants into dormancy.

While plant dormancy is supposed to be tied to how much frost occurs, I've used NRass Tempest to keep temperatures above freezing in Fall and all my plants go dormant anyhow. Maybe that's at EA bug, but it seems to me that dormancy is tied to how far into Fall you are. The only way I've found to get around this it to move the plants indoors.

Unfortunately I don't have any points, so I can't download a greenhouse. Guess I could try to build the house around the plants....
    Be safe.