Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm a sad sad simmer

Hey guys,

I kind of need to vent. So I have been a simmer since day one and this game has given me over the years many hours of fun game play. I am aware that bugs have always plagued this franchise, but I don't know whether I became more demanding or the bugs have just gotten worse, but lately I find myself seriously frustrated with the game. To me it is unbelievable that packs are released with key game play features that are simply broken and don't really work, not to mention all the other bugs that have been present since day one. Because of this there's many things I don't try in the game any more because I know there's gonna be a bug that will ruin my experience. I guess some players have it worse than others, and some people don't even really care about these little bugs but I, as a simmer and a fan of the franchise, do care and these bugs are game breaking for me.

Honestly I don't even blame the developers, because I know how big studios seem to work nowadays. Nothing matters more than profit and release dates, so broken or/and incomplete content ends up being released all the time. There's very little that professionals who do have a vision and care about the content they create can do when the whole studio is oriented towards making money and nothing else.

This all reminds me of how a small studio ended up creating a big success such as Cities Skylines because SimCity was just not delivering what players wanted anymore. So I find myself sometimes hoping that one day another small studio with passion and ambition creates an alternative to The Sims that delivers high quality content and fun game play. Honestly that makes me sad as a simmer. I used to enjoy the game so much. And no, I'm not a TS4 hater. As a matter of fact I love the art style of this iteration and I used to think the game had so much potential.

Alas, rant over.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    nothing wrong with being frustrated with bugs! this game is certainly not free of them. I've also avoided some in-game things that have been known to go haywire but manage a relatively bug-free-ish experience (mods certainly help with that) so I've been lucky on that front. it's definitely okay to feel discontent when something you love has left you feeling disappointed.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Yes, unfortunately it's not likely to get better, but worse with TS4. Because TS4 was specifically rushed, like really, really rushed. A lot of the problems and bugs that keep popping up are symptoms from more fundamental problems within the base of the game. The biggest problems are also the most difficult to fix and so the cost, time and effort outweighs the benefits. So although it would make simmers happy, the fixes would have to be in a free patch and it's just not worth it for a business. The cost outweighs the risk of loosing some players. Essentially Sims 4 is doomed. I'm hoping they've started working on Sims 5, like a year ago at least (and as long as they don't make any drastic decision changes) will create the next Sims in the Series a complete game with that wow factor that Sims 1, 2 and arguably 3 had. With a strong fundamental base that will not have ANY major issues and support future EP's.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,942 Member
    :'( This makes me sad.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/