The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims can't eat.

Is anyone having this problem? My sims will not eat. They either place the food on the floor, or the plate of food disappears altogether. Very hungry sims!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    Hello
    This was caused by cc sofas
    Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

• Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.

What do I do if I don't have any cc sofas? It just started doing this glitch when I bought Cats and Dogs..
  • Options
    Try having your sims move to another home.Then test to see if the food issues occur there. Then have them move back to the original home and see if the issues remain
  • Options
    RavenDawn094RavenDawn094 Posts: 29 New Member
    I having the same issue but I am experiencing a different thing somewhat, my sim will get the food but she will walk from counter to counter and then complain about not be able to prepare the food
  • Options
    > @jinerator said:
    > rosemow wrote: »
    >
    > Hello
    > This was caused by cc sofas
    > Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas
    > You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    >
    > After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What do I do if I don't have any cc sofas? It just started doing this glitch when I bought Cats and Dogs..

Yeah mine started after cats and dogs as well.
  • Options
    I having the same issue but I am experiencing a different thing somewhat, my sim will get the food but she will walk from counter to counter and then complain about not be able to prepare the food

Hello
    Try moving the kitchen furniture about and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free space on the counters, If there are items placed there using the moo cheat , remove them and see if that helps,
  • Options
    KCMacKCMac Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having similar issues that are causing my homes to be covered with uneaten food.
    I do not have any cc/mods in my game, I do use the move objects cheat quite a bit. I do not have the 'Cats & Dogs' pack yet, but do have all of the other packs. The issues for me are occurring in homes where the kitchen/dining area set up have worked previously. I haven't made it to all of my households yet to see if it is happening everywhere but seeing it in at least 5 of them so far.
    Here is what I am observing: Sims take meals to prep out of the frig but either drop it on the floor or set it on a counter. Sometimes they start preparing it and then stop. They either walk away and do something else (even when hungry) or turn and take something else out of the frig. If I direct them to go back and continue preparing the food they either ignore me or reply with an image of the counter and wave their arms (but not the typical "can't access" image) If I ask them to go and clean up the same item they seem to have no trouble doing that action. I also have tried having a different Sim try and finish the meal and they are able to do it.
    I also notice that my Sims constantly start eating a plate of food and then get up and go do something else, even when still hungry. It seems like any other need they have or even whims are overriding their food prep/hunger/eating?
    The good news is no one has starved yet and I am making a fortune with the trashcan that gives cash back for scraps!
  • Options
    KCMac wrote: »
    I am having similar issues that are causing my homes to be covered with uneaten food.
    I do not have any cc/mods in my game, I do use the move objects cheat quite a bit. I do not have the 'Cats & Dogs' pack yet, but do have all of the other packs. The issues for me are occurring in homes where the kitchen/dining area set up have worked previously. I haven't made it to all of my households yet to see if it is happening everywhere but seeing it in at least 5 of them so far.
    Here is what I am observing: Sims take meals to prep out of the frig but either drop it on the floor or set it on a counter. Sometimes they start preparing it and then stop. They either walk away and do something else (even when hungry) or turn and take something else out of the frig. If I direct them to go back and continue preparing the food they either ignore me or reply with an image of the counter and wave their arms (but not the typical "can't access" image) If I ask them to go and clean up the same item they seem to have no trouble doing that action. I also have tried having a different Sim try and finish the meal and they are able to do it.
    I also notice that my Sims constantly start eating a plate of food and then get up and go do something else, even when still hungry. It seems like any other need they have or even whims are overriding their food prep/hunger/eating?
    The good news is no one has starved yet and I am making a fortune with the trashcan that gives cash back for scraps!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, testing in a new save game and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > RavenDawn094 wrote: »
    >
    > I having the same issue but I am experiencing a different thing somewhat, my sim will get the food but she will walk from counter to counter and then complain about not be able to prepare the food
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving the kitchen furniture about and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free space on the counters, If there are items placed there using the moo cheat , remove them and see if that helps,

I have moved the furniture and tried it at another household but to no avail. The moo cheat still doesn't work as well. I will try to repair my game even though I do not have the bug to the severity of KCMac, thankfully. Will post an update.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I having the same issue but I am experiencing a different thing somewhat, my sim will get the food but she will walk from counter to counter and then complain about not be able to prepare the food
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Try moving the kitchen furniture about and see if that helps. Make sure that there is free space on the counters, If there are items placed there using the moo cheat , remove them and see if that helps,

I have moved the furniture and tried it at another household but to no avail. The moo cheat still doesn't work as well. I will try to repair my game even though I do not have the bug to the severity of KCMac, thankfully. Will post an update.

Hello
    Do you have cc sofas? If you do, Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
  • Options
    Update: repaired the game, nothing. Tried the moo again, still complains about the countertop or that her path is blocked. Tried moving the stove, nothing. She just gets the food and tries to set it down somewhere to mix but her path is blocked according to her chat bubble.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Update: repaired the game, nothing. Tried the moo again, still complains about the countertop or that her path is blocked. Tried moving the stove, nothing. She just gets the food and tries to set it down somewhere to mix but her path is blocked according to her chat bubble.

Hello @RavenDawn094
    Do you have cc/mods? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop , then test to see if the issues are there
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

I tried this and it worked! Thank you! I hope everyone else can get their games fixed too, the pets expansion is so fun!
  • Options
    Okay, I have figured out what was going on, I have disabled and reenabled mods to find the culprit. And it is the mod that is by LittleMsSam called No Auto Food Grab After Cooking. So if anyone else is having an issue and they have this mod, disable that mod and see if there is any improvement.
  • Options
    Okay, I have figured out what was going on, I have disabled and reenabled mods to find the culprit. And it is the mod that is by LittleMsSam called No Auto Food Grab After Cooking. So if anyone else is having an issue and they have this mod, disable that mod and see if there is any improvement.

Hello
    It is helpful to know which mod was causing this issue in your game, and very kind of you to post the name :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited November 2017

LittleMsSam's updated mods are listed here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1, including the No Auto Food Grab mod.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Okay, I have figured out what was going on, I have disabled and reenabled mods to find the culprit. And it is the mod that is by LittleMsSam called No Auto Food Grab After Cooking. So if anyone else is having an issue and they have this mod, disable that mod and see if there is any improvement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It is helpful to know which mod was causing this issue in your game, and very kind of you to post the name :)

I try to do all I can!
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > Okay, I have figured out what was going on, I have disabled and reenabled mods to find the culprit. And it is the mod that is by LittleMsSam called No Auto Food Grab After Cooking. So if anyone else is having an issue and they have this mod, disable that mod and see if there is any improvement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LittleMsSam's updated mods are listed here:, including the No Auto Food Grab mod.

Oh thank you for that!!! I was worried that I would lose this quality of life mod!