Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot tilt camera in Sims 3

I want to preface this by saying that I've searched a lot on this topic but almost everything I find is Sims 4 related and I want Sims 3 stuff. With that said, I hope I posted this in the right place!

I've had this issue recently where I cannot use my click wheel on my mouse to tilt the camera in Sims 3- my game will tilt a couple frames, 'stutter', and then freeze. The end result is that my game crashes. I am able to use the in-game rotation and keyboard keys to a point for rotating, but it's just not convenient for me and sometimes I use my mouse out of habit before realizing what I am doing (and then my game freezes and crashes so that's not fun).

I do play with mods but I have removed all mods and run the game and I am still encountering the same problem. I have played the game perfectly fine with the mouse I currently have for about a year.
The only thing I can think of doing is uninstalling everything and reinstalling, but I would like to avoid that long process if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would try a different mouse and see if that's the problem. Or, if your mouse software supports this, try mapping another key on your mouse tilt the camera. I have a Razer mouse and I have one of the side buttons set to 'scroll click' and use that to tilt the camera. If that works then maybe something is wrong with the click wheel. Or perhaps reinstall your mouse drivers/software.

You can also try a 'factory reset' of the game:
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html
    A factory reset is much faster than reinstalling.
  • Options
    wachwurdwachwurd Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Killer, I'm sorry to piggyback on your post but I have a question and apparently I'm a "new" member.

K. Here's the thing...I know that TS4 is out and everyone is really excited etc, but I'm in China..and I just recently got TS3 with the Supernatural dlc. Now...I've logged on to EA, Logged on to Thesims.com or whatever and I'm having an insane amount of difficulty finding products. I've gone to Modthesims, and TSR, etc...I've used "The Store" and "The Exchange" but when I use them, very few products show up. If on The Exchange, I get a few more but I can't help thinking there have got to be millions of products stashed away.

WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTS?

(Example: I've only found 2 products for men's Japanese clothing....2....out of like 10 websites..) That can't be right can it?

PLEASE help....
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    wachwurd wrote: »
    Hi Killer, I'm sorry to piggyback on your post but I have a question and apparently I'm a "new" member.

K. Here's the thing...I know that TS4 is out and everyone is really excited etc, but I'm in China..and I just recently got TS3 with the Supernatural dlc. Now...I've logged on to EA, Logged on to Thesims.com or whatever and I'm having an insane amount of difficulty finding products. I've gone to Modthesims, and TSR, etc...I've used "The Store" and "The Exchange" but when I use them, very few products show up. If on The Exchange, I get a few more but I can't help thinking there have got to be millions of products stashed away.

WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTS?

(Example: I've only found 2 products for men's Japanese clothing....2....out of like 10 websites..) That can't be right can it?

PLEASE help....
    TS4 was released over three years ago. I can't speak for everyone here on this section of the forum of course, but for many of us the "excitement" wore off about ten minutes later and we went back to playing the version of the game that we prefer. And of course many play more than one version. ;)

By "products" you mean Custom Content (CC)? ModTheSims and TSR alone have millions, or at least hundreds of thousands anyway. Perhaps your search criteria are too narrow. Tumblr searches often kick up another few hundred thousand. Some players' offerings on their own blogs or sites of their own management have evaporated over the years, but nothing really disappears from the major sites like the first two unless an item is deemed to be so flawed that no one at all can use it. And other developers are still producing new TS3 stuff. If you are having trouble finding content in particular categories, such as Japanese men's clothing which is awfully specific, one or more posts on the Where Can I Find (WCIF) TS3 board at MTS often kick up some very helpful responses pretty quickly.
    http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net