The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @mommy19959699 I took my cat that turned black when downloaded from gallery into CAS and she turned back to what I had originally made. So that worked for me. :)

@Dinocanid Thanks so much! I took my cat back in CAS and got her fixed to look just like her! :)
  • Options
    20emma0020emma00 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a litter box out for my cat, but she's always uncomfortable. When I ask why, she says she wants a "nice,clean litter box" when I have one laying out for her! What do I do to get her to use it?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited November 2017
    Some strays are bugged. Mayor whiskers is one of the bugged strays. If you adopt him you will need to go to the main menu then reload your game for the litter box, so he can use it. The other bug that he has is the empty food dish thought bubble and he will constantly be upset about it. I haven't found a fix for that bug.

In my prior post in this thread, there is a picture of him when he's been adopted constantly was upset even though his food dish had food in it at all times.

In this post I will show pictures from a community lot, (park) I made for harvesting the plants growing there. Mayor Whiskers is there and the following pictures will show the empty dish thought bubble and the litter box issue which to be fixed has to be reloaded every day when he returns to the lot. He is a stray and not adopted.

If you want the park for your own testing, the link is here.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1CAC9495C7E511E78131EC099AB30C43?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false

20h3vw1.jpg
    mtbhid.jpg
    w6pmw9.jpg
    k17us9.jpg
    o8tqu0.jpg

Edited spelling of 'stray'

Eta. I rage quit that game and started a new game. This time when my sim could adopt him, I left the lot right after adopting him. I got home fixed him the cooked meal and filled his pet bowl. I kept calling him back to the cooked meal until it was gone. He got the empty pet dish thought bubble and I told him to go eat from the pet bowl. He then got a thought bubble of a filled pet bowl and hasn't got the empty pet dish bubble again. I don't know how but the bug seems to be fixed. No mods or CC in my game, I always play vanilla games.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    20emma00 wrote: »
    I have a litter box out for my cat, but she's always uncomfortable. When I ask why, she says she wants a "nice,clean litter box" when I have one laying out for her! What do I do to get her to use it?

Save your game. Go to the main menu and reload your game. If she still doesn't use the litter box, delete the old litter box and buy a new one.
  • Options
    IVlandyIVlandy Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm mostly a lurker, but the bugs from this game has prompted me to post.

No mods or CC, this is a new save.

(I have read the whole thread so I see I am not the only one who is having some of the issues but I see no one else is having the vampire outfit problem)

My pets will randomly jump/stretch into the air.
    Food bowls will disappear. This is a costly bug having to buy food bowls each time I leave the lot.
    Toy bins will turn around each time I leave the lot as well so I have to enter buy mode to turn them away from the wall.
    My vampire sim outfits are all the same. She has 4 Everyday outfits that I had chosen and they all revert to her first outfit. The game also gives her another sleepwear outfit but it's the same sleepwear.
    One of my dogs is always afraid, I see it's because I got the preventative shot when I first start playing.
    Same dog also will not learn to go potty by itself. Traits are: Loyal, Adventurous, Vocal (if that matters)

Thank you, and despite the bugs thank you for bringing the Pets to life. I swear when I watch my dog in game I think you guys installed cameras in our houses because he acts just like my PTSD service dog. (Also that vest option in Create A Pet, bless you. My simself is now even more like me, and now with her service dog!)
  • Options
    Sherbert_ShelbsSherbert_Shelbs Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone else having a problem with trying to add a dog in create a sim in a household that already exists? Because every time I try to add a dog my game screen goes into full screen and the screen completely freezes the image. And I can click and it’ll make the clicking noises but nothing will happen. I’ve tried restarting my laptop then going back into the game but every time I do that the same thing happens.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    @Sherbert_Shelbs Just tried it. No issue here.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    Roomba doesn't work correctly.
    Poop appear too far.
    The toy crate change everytime of position.
    Dogs don't really take the balls.
    The operating table of the vet clinic is glitched.
    There is a floating floor lamp in Brindelton Bay.
    A few dogs will never learn to go outside to do wee.
    Sometimes when sims lay on the floor puppies they appear a little bit so far.

For the moment this is all I remember.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    XxN_MxXXxN_MxX Posts: 27 Member
    I have major issues with my game ever since I downloaded the pets expansion.

Can someone please help fix these issues ?

-I can’t adopt animals
    -My sims keep resetting them selfs
    -Cant pick up pet
    -Error message appears every 10 minutes “this program is not responding” then my game closes!
    -I can’t play on my lot that I was playing on as the game crashes before The lot even loads. which I’ve had for months. But ever since the pets, it’s broke it. So I’ve had to re make my sims and start all over again on a new lot.
    -My cc sofas & beds keep disappearing.
    -Sims stand around for too long
    -Sim resets when cleaning up dishes. Which means i have to drag the plates to the bin my self.

Let me know if anyone else is having these issues too ?
  • Options
    IVlandyIVlandy Posts: 4 New Member
    > @XxN_MxX said:
    > I have major issues with my game ever since I downloaded the pets expansion.
    >
    > Can someone please help fix these issues ?
    >
    > -I can’t adopt animals
    > -My sims keep resetting them selfs
    > -Cant pick up pet
    > -Error message appears every 10 minutes “this program is not responding” then my game closes!
    > -I can’t play on my lot that I was playing on as the game crashes before The lot even loads. which I’ve had for months. But ever since the pets, it’s broke it. So I’ve had to re make my sims and start all over again on a new lot.
    > -My cc sofas & beds keep disappearing.
    > -Sims stand around for too long
    > -Sim resets when cleaning up dishes. Which means i have to drag the plates to the bin my self.
    >
    > Let me know if anyone else is having these issues too ?

CC sofa's and beds are causing the problems of you not being able to pick up your pets. Strange I know, but it's been reported all over tumblr. And also why they keep disappearing. Download Sims 4 Studio (If you are using a Mac you will want the Candy Apple version for Windows use Wishes) and use the batch fix to fix the beds and couches. You are going to have to register to download it though. If you are using any mods they can cause problems too. I would link you to Sim4Studio but I haven't been posting enough haha.
  • Options
    uo_breaux1uo_breaux1 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @ashynv said:
    > I have a vet clinic. My sim is a level 10 Vet. She cannot Bill Owner after giving treatment. She used to be able too ( and maybe can 1/10), but now she really can't and I don't get any money unless they are billed. I logged out and I am running base game. Her husband though helps out sometimes and he can bill the owner. I don't even have the option on the human anymore for her though, just on the pet which says bill owner but it doesn't work.

Vet level 8 here and having the same exact problem. I've tried resetting everything (Sims, pets, equipment) using testingcheats, and nothing has helped.
  • Options
    Thank you for this information you have provided. I just have windows. I will download it and see if it helps.

Thanks again,
  • Options
    @uo_breaux1
    I have the exact same problem. But I managed to fix the billing owner problem. I just went home for a few days then when I went back to my vet clinic it would be fixed. I can now bill owners again
  • Options
    SarahLC9SarahLC9 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi guys, long time simmer, only used the forums a couple times but been a member for many years, and it all seems to have changed so I apologise if I’m doing this wrong/could someone please redirect me as to the correct way to do this?

I was creating my second Cat (first kitten, second elder) both using paint mode. However my second, elder Cat, I can only see my custom coat when in “paint mode”. As soon as I come out of that, to try to save the household, it goes. It reappears back in paint mode so I haven’t yet lost my (long!) work.

The kitten worked fine but the elder, I created an adult, mixed 2 breeds, then clicked elder, then played with the custom paint mode. I only have these cats in my household so far.

Please, if anyone knows the cause or solution, I’d be very grateful. There seems to be nothing online (I usually google my problems, apologies!)

Thanks, Sarah x
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Anyone else having a problem with trying to add a dog in create a sim in a household that already exists? Because every time I try to add a dog my game screen goes into full screen and the screen completely freezes the image. And I can click and it’ll make the clicking noises but nothing will happen. I’ve tried restarting my laptop then going back into the game but every time I do that the same thing happens.

Hate to say it, but this has been happening to many users whose computers are below the minimum requirements for the pack, especially with Intel graphics cards.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    My sim just died of starvation while I was away from the game ( had forgot to pause) my sims have full autonomy so how did that happen!
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    My sim just died of starvation while I was away from the game ( had forgot to pause) my sims have full autonomy so how did that happen!

Had you perhaps run into the Sims-won't-eat problem caused by CC sofas? Those sofas can now be batch-fixed in the most recent version of Sims 4 Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jmairecurtisjmairecurtis Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2017
    The biggest one I have had is when attempting to tell the cat that they are a good pet, the cat and my sim glitched and got all deformed. The cat stretched out in the air and my sim was all bent over backwards.
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    I've noticed the pets, especially dogs, do the elastic arms thing when jumping on a fairly frequent basis. i run the MCC mod, which is updated.

Dez
  • Options
    jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the spay/neuter function at the vet clinic. I checked my dog in, waited for the vet, and once he got on the table I waited over 12 sim hours for nothing to happen. I eventually cancelled the event as clearly nothing was happening. I tried to check him in again but then the vet never took him back.

Only good thing to come out of it was that I got the achievement for having a sim be awake for 24 hours straight. :)
  • Options
    munchoz2munchoz2 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @mrs_starkey said:
    > I found the broken CC item that causes the Sims not being able to pick up their dog or child Sims to pick up a plate. It's:
    >
    > mio - Murano Idea one sofa
    >
    > It's such a beautiful sofa, but I had to delete it from my mods folder.
    >
    > Now my Sims can pick up the dog again and the child sims are able to eat. :)

That's awesome that you found your glitch! I still haven't found mine (I didn't have the mio sofa). The Sims4Studio batch fix (or rather, fixes cause I re-applied all of them just in case!) didn't fix the issue either. So far, the only way I have been able to play is with a completely cc-free vanilla game. Game runs fine without any cc and I'm actually finding that EA added some cool stuff while I was off decorating solely with cc! Anyway, when I get time I will do what you did and check through each piece of my cc and find the culprit. I already tried removing all cc sofas and beds and that didn't do it so it looks like I'll have to go one by one. I'll report back which it was when I find it.
  • Options
    munchoz2munchoz2 Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh and I did notice something that may be a glitch...may be a feature. I own a vet clinic and am a vet level 10. Occasionally, after a complete exam and diagnosis, no green thumbs up solution is shown. If I then move to the surgical station the tummy surgery gets a green thumb but when I perform it, the pet is never healed. Even if I then move the pet back to the exam table and go through the exam all over again. I think it has happened twice since playing. Maybe there's just pets that you can't cure? Oh and I've also seen the random 'can't bill owner'. It usually happens at least once every day that my vet clinic is open. I just figure that's my pro bono work for the day! :)
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    In addition to the loading times I already mentioned (again, no CC/mods, empty tray, deleted cache, repaired game), I'm having a bug with Modify Sim in CAS. When I exit CAS, any sims that were sleeping are standing up next to their beds. They will then get right back in them. This happens every time I do this.
  • Options
    K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    uo_breaux1 wrote: »
    > @ashynv said:
    > I have a vet clinic. My sim is a level 10 Vet. She cannot Bill Owner after giving treatment. She used to be able too ( and maybe can 1/10), but now she really can't and I don't get any money unless they are billed. I logged out and I am running base game. Her husband though helps out sometimes and he can bill the owner. I don't even have the option on the human anymore for her though, just on the pet which says bill owner but it doesn't work.

Vet level 8 here and having the same exact problem. I've tried resetting everything (Sims, pets, equipment) using testingcheats, and nothing has helped.

yepp same goes for me. I actually had to send both of my toddlers to daycare to get the wife of my vet to come and collect the money because she could do it. I guess I'll just get her to work as his assistant until this is fixed.
    Worst thing is I send two sims away after treating the patient because I just couldn't get them to pay.