Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    That was a big scare for Grace and Ben! I'm so glad Grace is okay but bed rest will be hard to do. So sad that Ben won't even entertain the thought of his mom coming to help. I know she would drop everything for him if he let her!
    Just as I thought Ben is building up production on Audrey and now her babies are producing too. @Cement said on WP something about if someone overheard Ben saying that about Audrey and her babies then Austin's buying them. Oh my that would make for a very interesting conversation. :D I'm still worried about him getting caught!
    Great chapter! :)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    That was a big scare for Grace and Ben! I'm so glad Grace is okay but bed rest will be hard to do. So sad that Ben won't even entertain the thought of his mom coming to help. I know she would drop everything for him if he let her!
    Just as I thought Ben is building up production on Audrey and now her babies are producing too. @Cement said on WP something about if someone overheard Ben saying that about Audrey and her babies then Austin's buying them. Oh my that would make for a very interesting conversation. :D I'm still worried about him getting caught!
    Great chapter! :)
    Yes - a big scare. But she was thankfully okay. But it did put more pressure on them financially. And you are right. His mother would absolutely drop everything to come and help. His pride is getting in the way. Grace is working on him though. She isn't going to let it stay like that. She didn't have a family and she would have loved a huge family like he has so she is going to push.

That would be a very strange conversation to overhear. They would think he was selling babies. :joy: We will see if he gets caught. >:) Oops - I meant o:)
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    From an edgy kid to a person who's dabbling in child trafficking... Oh Ben. I can only imagine what Kate's going to say if she was the one who heard that out of context phrase :joy:
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    From an edgy kid to a person who's dabbling in child trafficking... Oh Ben. I can only imagine what Kate's going to say if she was the one who heard that out of context phrase :joy:

She would definitely freak out and feel guilty because she feels guilty about everything! :#

• Options
    Things heat up. Chapter 31 - Visitors - Ben gets some unexpected company.

What can they possibly want? Hmmm

12-27-17_7-36-07c2a0pm.png?w=680
  • Options
    Wow you had me scared when the gun came out! Bad scary dudes. >:) Ben needs to do something about the closet plants, like ditch them and get a real job to support his family! I know he feels he has to be there for Grace but I'm sure others would help pick up the slack when he's at work. Selling to the bad dudes will not solve this problem in the long run. I'm still a bit concerned about when Ben is upset he always wants a drink.

Great chapter @Audrey! You had me on the edge of my seat! :)
  • Options
    Wow you had me scared when the gun came out! Bad scary dudes. >:) Ben needs to do something about the closet plants, like ditch them and get a real job to support his family! I know he feels he has to be there for Grace but I'm sure others would help pick up the slack when he's at work. Selling to the bad dudes will not solve this problem in the long run. I'm still a bit concerned about when Ben is upset he always wants a drink.

Great chapter @Audrey! You had me on the edge of my seat! :)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Ben could be in a heap of trouble if he makes a deal with the bad dudes. It will most certainly complicate things in the long run. If he ditched them and got a real job, he would have to ask his parents for help and he is determined not to crawl back to them. He is convinced he doesn’t need them.

He does want a drink when he gets super upset like that. But he doesn’t often get drunk. Hopefully it doesn’t become an issue. He was pretty shaken up.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey! I can now say that i'm all caught up. Had a binge session last night and just now. Should have been writing but meh. :tongue: Speaking of which, I need to get onto that right now *sigh*
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey! I can now say that i'm all caught up. Had a binge session last night and just now. Should have been writing but meh. :tongue: Speaking of which, I need to get onto that right now *sigh*
    Oh my! Thank you for reading! I need to binge on your stories too. I have written very far ahead so I should be able to take a couple of days to do that!
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Oh my! Thank you for reading! I need to binge on your stories too. I have written very far ahead so I should be able to take a couple of days to do that!

Today's my last day off ( :( ) so I might as well do something productive, if productive were getting my 'to read' list down. Also, enjoy. :)
  • Options

Today's my last day off ( :( ) so I might as well do something productive, if productive were getting my 'to read' list down. Also, enjoy. :)

Ha! So I just caught up with the Apocalypse story. Intriguing...
  • Options

@AudreyFld Glad you enjoyed the binge-read. :)
  • Options

@AudreyFld Glad you enjoyed the binge-read. :)

@Bugsie2016 It wasn’t bad - about eight chapters. But I skimmed the previous ones that I had already read. For some reason I wasn’t following. I am now so I won’t get behind again!
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    I love the turn that this story took. I never would have seen this coming in a million years tbh
  • Options
    Kelebek wrote: »
    I love the turn that this story took. I never would have seen this coming in a million years tbh

@Kelebek - Thank you for reading. <3 I’m glad you liked the twist! Adding a little drama. I will warn you though, Ben is going to be faced with a few more “growth” opportunities before we pass the reigns to the next generation. So buckle up.
  • Options
    Yep, Ben made a deal - but with who? Or is it whom? Chapter 32 - Deal

Ben is off to make a delivery. A huge delivery!
    cKm5XjG.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my so now he is going to sell for only a few months. I think it may be longer because beanie and sunglasses will always want more to sell and whoever the boss is will too. This may snowball into something too big for Ben to handle or he'll end up in jail. Hopefully Grace will make it two more weeks before that baby gets here. He shouldn't be lying to her at all it will only cause problems later. This is all a big mess!
  • Options
    Oh my so now he is going to sell for only a few months. I think it may be longer because beanie and sunglasses will always want more to sell and whoever the boss is will too. This may snowball into something too big for Ben to handle or he'll end up in jail. Hopefully Grace will make it two more weeks before that baby gets here. He shouldn't be lying to her at all it will only cause problems later. This is all a big mess!
    Ben has a knack for making messes....poor guy. And it could get into something out of his control and/or cause problems. Sadly he doesn’t understand you don’t just walk away. :o

If you noticed my new Avi.....Saturday we will meet the baby Cole. <3<3 I don’t think it’s too spoilery!
  • Options
    HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    This was a lot of fun. I only got through half of it, but am looking forward to checking out some more chapters in the future.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld I love your new Avi they look so peaceful and happy! Waiting for Saturday to meet little Cole. :)
  • Options
    This was a lot of fun. I only got through half of it, but am looking forward to checking out some more chapters in the future.
    Thank you for reading! Ben is a mess isn’t he! But I love him anyway. ❤️
  • Options
    @AudreyFld I love your new Avi they look so peaceful and happy! Waiting for Saturday to meet little Cole. :)

He will come into the world with just a little excitement! :joy:
  • Options
    Chapter 33 - Perfect...Coleman Ramsay Murdock is here!

Ben shows off the newborn to his friends...

minlnQ6.jpg
  • Options
    So little Cole has arrived! <3 A bit early but I'm glad both baby and Mom are fine. Great chapter! :)
  • Options
    So little Cole has arrived! <3 A bit early but I'm glad both baby and Mom are fine. Great chapter! :)
    Yes - a little early. But 'perfect'! :)