Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses? No. Stop.

Comments

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited August 2017
    I really do like quality over quantity. Knowing that they made cats and dogs all from scratch excites me. I feel like they are going to be way better in the sims 4 than they were in the rest of the sims series. I mean what the did with vampires and toddlers made a lot of people say "Wow these are so much better now!" So I am sure the same thing is going to happen here with cats and dogs. I am so excited! Also people will complain it's just how people are. Even after we get pets and seasons it'll just be something else that a lot of people will start to complain about. Like university or something. It's just how people are. I know some people are upset over horses and I won't lie I was kinda excited to see if the unicorn made it's return into the sims 4 but then again like many have said horses probably wouldn't be that great in a not so open world.

Edit: Also there just have to be those few people who try and ruin other peoples fun but it's best to not let them get to you. Like I absolutely hate it when people say something like "Why buy something thats not even worth they money?" It's non of your business what I do with my money. If I feel like it is worth the money then that is my choice. I don't need you telling me how to spend my money. I am an adult not a child.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am disappointed as I still can not have my entire actual family in-game. We have pet birds that are still not in my simself household. When I saw it was called "Cats and Dogs," it was a big disappointment to learn that no actual other small domestic pets like birds, reptiles, or rodent types were included as those are normal pets. It was a big slap in the face to also learn that they are including dangerous wild animal such as foxes and raccoons be pets (sounds like they have cat and dog skins).
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I am disappointed as I still can not have my entire actual family in-game. We have pet birds that are still not in my simself household. When I saw it was called "Cats and Dogs," it was a big disappointment to learn that no actual other small domestic pets like birds, reptiles, or rodent types were included as those are normal pets. It was a big slap in the face to also learn that they are including dangerous wild animal such as foxes and raccoons be pets (sounds like they have cat and dog skins).

It's possible small pets will be in their own pack and done much more realistic like your little family members are in real life. Much closer to accurate. Wouldn't that be better than bird objects that react very little and have no personality?
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    There is no need to discuss about ppl complaining because they will always complain. It's annoying but well appreciated as it influences EA. Without them so many things probably never happened. Just avoid them if it disturbs you that much.

Imo horses are not even pets(they're special in their own way and well... expensive as hell)... you can't take them with you into your home, except you're Pippi Longstocking...
    our other little friends are still missing too but no one ever said theyre out of the window. Just take your time and play other sims series where your desires are lacking in the actual series... but just remind yourself again... no one ever said it will never happen.

I like horses being in the game but well it takes time. I don't want those horses with routing issues like sims 3... thats just.... aggh.
  • Options
    Yuna wrote: »
    There is no need to discuss about ppl complaining because they will always complain. It's annoying but well appreciated as it influences EA. Without them so many things probably never happened. Just avoid them if it disturbs you that much.

Imo horses are not even pets(they're special in their own way and well... expensive as plum)... you can't take them with you into your home, except you're Pippi Longstocking...
    our other little friends are still missing too but no one ever said theyre out of the window. Just take your time and play other sims series where your desires are lacking in the actual series... but just remind yourself again... no one ever said it will never happen.

I like horses being in the game but well it takes time. I don't want those horses with routing issues like sims 3... thats just.... aggh.

I didn't like the herd of horses running through my town. It seemed odd and out of place. If they had kept to the mountains or an unpopulated area, it would have been better for me.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    You know what would be cool in a Game Pack? Some sort of Pet Show thing. Take your pets to get prizes at the pet show. You can only take cats and dogs if you've got cats and dogs, natch... but also horse shows, and all the little pets too.

Put all of that in a Horses-themed GP.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'm sure if horses are ever added, it will be in like an equestrian game pack or something. Wouldn't that be better than lumping them in with cats and dogs? An entire pack full if equine items! But all we can do and suggest it, then wait and see I guess.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I'm sure if horses are ever added, it will be in like an equestrian game pack or something. Wouldn't that be better than lumping them in with cats and dogs? An entire pack full if equine items! But all we can do and suggest it, then wait and see I guess.

That would be pretty cool, show jumping and dressage and maybe kids learning to ride.
  • Options
    If horses were a part of this pack, we could go fox hunting on horseback.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Oh no I wouldn't like that, thankfully it's banned where I live in real life. But to each his own.
  • Options

Oh no I wouldn't like that, thankfully it's banned where I live in real life. But to each his own.

I was being sarcastic. It wouldn't appeal to me either.
  • Options

Ah. I didn't realise, apologies.
  • Options

Ah. I didn't realise, apologies.

No problem. Being sarcastic is hard when typing.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    So you basically started a topic just to bash an opinion. Swell.

You make it sound like its the first time its ever happened on these forums ;)

Im extremly happy and grateful we are getting Cats and Dogs, cant wait! Looking forward to comparing them from their predecessors of Sims 2 and Sims 3 and exploreing Pets.....no we just need some weather.....

@ElenPink I understand where your coming from but unfortunatly theres more money in majoritys than minoritys...bit of a bugger that but keep up the good fight!

Thanks for the words of encouragement lol.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    @ElenPink Why not both? I want new things too. I want farming, I wanted that danger pack instaed of laundry. I'm excited for the vet career. I'd love if they explored more things about these packs. Say what you will about sims 3, but at least they tried new things. Weither you liked it or not, they tried tomb raiding, they tried time travel and the idea of what you effecting the future, they tried scuba diving. I'm not saying they were all winners, but I respect them trying. However, the reason people keep asking for pets, seasons and university is because of how much a part of every day life those things are. Weather and seasons just feel natural. It would also help with the passage of time. A lot of people have pets and consider thema part of the family, of course they want to recreate them. And people go to college to decide their fates and career. I could've gone without get together if it meant getting something new and innovative. Also, don't say one should be GREATFUL for the chance to pay money to a company. People, as consummers have a right to voice they're concerns for a product that they are willing to part with their hard earned cash. Be greatful to the devs and their hard work, yes, but I don't have to be greatful that a company is selling me more DLC.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    While I loved having horses in Sims 3, they really don't fit into every household. I mean no one who lives in an apartment could logically own a horse. I don't mind not having them.

I do appreciate how much work EA had to do to include 5 different sizes of pets, but I do also hope to see some of the low maintenance pets we had in previous games like birds, gerbils, etc. even though these also require a bit of animation.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    I think there might be a Farming GP that will include horses that you can create.
    moss

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    At least you have Summer Holiday - she lives in the BFF household in Willow Creek.
    horse2.jpg
    It is not the same thing, but imagination can be a powerful tool.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I don't mind about horses, but don't tell other people what to want/how to feel.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I love horses just as well as I love dogs etc. but I'm not willing to throw one under the bus in order to find another in my game - which is what I don't understand about the 'I'm not getting this game because there aren't any horses' people. I think the devs and EA jointly have many issues but I cannot criticize them by saying they have not heard the community and catered to their wants, needs and demands over the last year. I doubt you have been forgotten, horse people. I know it seems that way and I understand your feelings on the matter - but this iteration is far from over and I'm sure in time you'll get what you want in some form or another.
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    If they do decide to make an GP dedicated to horses or small pets people are gonna feel ripped off (including me). You'd have to pay $60 for the full pets experience? No thanks.
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think a lot of it is also just people not wanted to feel like they're getting less. I for one loved the horses and unicorns in sims 3. And if they make a farm pack with them, yeah I'm probably going to buy it. But because the title is "Cats & Dogs" and not "pets," people are worried about getting less than there money's worth. We don't even know if we are getting small pets or not. Or Foxes and raccoons (though I heard they are playable.) Yes. Making a Video game, coding, doing all that is hard work. It isn't that people are ungratful and whinny, they want to feel like they're 40$ is worth it. I think if this was a Game pack, people would be more forgiving. And then there are those who don't want to be nickled and dimed and have to pay for 3 packs (if they do multiple pet packs.) Espeacially since past iterations had these things in one pack. (sims 1 had cats and dogs and birds.) It all boils down to "does it feel like I'm paying for less content?"

Maybe horses were dropped in favor of the active Vet career (which a lot of people have been asking for)? I'd say that's a pretty fair trade off. Plus you need a certain amount of real estate to comfortably house a horse and most of the current lot really aren't big enough. Adding a horse ranch in a future pack, where you can board your horse and visit to ride/train the animal, could be a workable option.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'd say that depends on how big your full experience is - after all, we're getting much more cats and dogs for our buck this time. If EA does horses properly, and there's lots of things to do, then as a GP I can handle it.

Could be a while though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Facts!! Thank you for this!! In fact, I might make my own thread discussing something similar to this!!

I'm so happy I'm not the only one. Since day one people have been whining about Pets. There has been multiple threads about it, written by the same people, too. It's like some of you guys have nothing else to do with your time.

A thread asking what you want the next ep to be? Pets.

Patches come out? People whining about why pets weren't patched in. (??? Seriously?)

I unfortunately belong in the small community of not wanting what the majority wants, which includes seasons, pets, and laundry. I want new things. But sadly, most players just want the same things, even though they can easily go back to the sims 3 and play with their lovely animals and passive seasons there.

Lo and behold!! Pets was announced!! Everyone must be happy, right? WRONG.
    Now they're complaining about pets not being controllable. Now they're asking for seasons (please people, be quiet about seasons for once), and horses not being included like op mentioned, and this and that. Like, are you kidding me?? The devs gave you what you wanted!! And you guys have the audacity to still whine as if the world revolves around you! No!!!

Be grateful for what you have! Coding is not easy!! I took one coding class and I can't believe how these devs are able to do these things!! It's hard!!

For goodness sakes, relax on the forums and let people who actually want new things (off the grid/farming) get a chance in the spot light!

I'm okay with some of the old standbys, if approached in a new way. Cats & Dogs, for example, is old but we've got a new career that comes with them -- we've never had a veterinarian career -- plus new features in Create-A-Pet. Seasons could incorporate many of the features suggested in the Off The Grid options, and could even make them deeper (if you run on solar power, will you have to buy power in the winter when it's cloudier?) Maybe instead of University we get a pack that improves education at all levels (homeschooling, studying from home, etc.) instead of just the usual college "party" scene. It's like instead of the usual Nightlife including vampires, we got a pack that dealt with going out in a new way (Get Together) then a separate pack with vampires done in far more depth than we could have gotten them in an EP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)