Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bicycles

I was just reading the brainstorming list for the ECO Living Stuff Pack, and I had noticed that bicycles weren't on the list. Bicycles would fit very nicely in this pack. Since they are a form of Eco living transportation. And they can travel across almost any terrain. So having no roads in some areas of the game won't have any impact on having bicycles in the game. And neither would the loading screens since sims can ride the bicycles for several feet, and then trigger that when traveling to another lot or main world.

Comments

• Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I love this idea!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    They should add Cars first
    (Roadtrip Game Pack, anyone?)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm 99% sure bikes would be too much animation work for an SP, am I right @SimGuruGraham ?
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure bikes would be too much animation work for an SP, am I right @SimGuruGraham ?

? I don't think so, it's just a peddling animation that can be played on loop.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I was just reading the brainstorming list for the ECO Living Stuff Pack, and I had noticed that bicycles weren't on the list. Bicycles would fit very nicely in this pack. Since they are a form of Eco living transportation. And they can travel across almost any terrain. So having no roads in some areas of the game won't have any impact on having bicycles in the game. And neither would the loading screens since sims can ride the bicycles for several feet, and then trigger that when traveling to another lot or main world.

I really like the idea of bicycles working like the houseboats, where you can choose where to cycle rather than being tied to a predefined path on the road.

And there could be an option to 'cycle around' the neighbourhood, where your sim just cycles around the open areas.
  • Options
    IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    The fitness pack has a rock climbing animation. I don't think new animations are out of the question just because it's a SP.

That said...
    Bicycles for fitness (the stationary ones) might be fine for animating within an SP. For transportation; the stopping, going, potential wobbling and crashes -- that could be too much for an SP maybe.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017
    And there could be an option to 'cycle around' the neighbourhood, where your sim just cycles around the open areas.

It could act the same as the 'go jogging' option and build fitness.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    It's the new style with a fresh type of flow. Wrist icicle ride b-bicycle! :wink:
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    this make sense for an Eco stuff pack! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2017

? I don't think so, it's just a peddling animation that can be played on loop.
    I agree with keylimepiesims on this one. The animation of sims peddling around on a bicycle. This in my opinion wouldn't be any harder than sims climbing a rock wall. Which is shown in the new official trailer for Fitness Stuff Pack. In fact in my opinion the animation of sims climbing a rock wall would be a little more complex than a sim riding a bicycle around because they would be moving their arms around as well as their legs. When they are climbing that rock wall. The animation for sims riding a bicycle only needs to be that of the sims moving their legs and feet up and down. As well as them moving from point A to point B. I don't see how the animation for that would be to much for a Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    The fitness pack has a rock climbing animation. I don't think new animations are out of the question just because it's a SP.

That said...
    Bicycles for fitness (the stationary ones) might be fine for animating within an SP. For transportation; the stopping, going, potential wobbling and crashes -- that could be too much for an SP maybe.
    An exercise bike for the Fitness Stuff Pack would have been a wonderful addition. It's to bad that they didn't add those to Fitness. Unless they did, but just didn't show them for some reason.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Izzabelle wrote: »

That said...

STOP quoting everything I write just to contradict me. That's what I would call harassment.

Rock climbing is a few looped animations that play out on a static object.

There is no transportation in this game. To add any transportation would require an immense amount of programming. And the actual animation of a Sim sitting on a bike would be a completely new position. Objects which require a new position like that are too much for an SP (as Graham has stated about bunk beds, recliners, watching TV in bed, etc.).

Everything I've said is common sense and based on what Gurus have actually stated. There are limitations to what could be included in an SP, but people seem to ignore them.
  • Options
    IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    STOP quoting everything I write just to contradict me. That's what I would call harassment.
    LOL

Responding to people is how to discuss with others on the forum :D

I'm not trying to contradict you or even target you -- but you are one of the most vocal people currently with differing views. Sorry; but sometimes people will want to discuss things with you, especially if they are interested in understanding your point of view.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Sims can ride it around the lot slowly and enjoy the fresh air beside using them as a transportation method. Maybe with their friends as a company? That would be lovely
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    They should add Cars first
    (Roadtrip Game Pack, anyone?)

The did have that teaser billboard in some picture that was posted. I would love the railway to work, call a taxi for a fee, bikes, and automobiles to be added. A car lot to buy them and the car lot attendant job would be awesome. <3<3<3 I would like some jobs that are easy and have no Homework to do to advance. Some sims just don't aspire to become more. :)