Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims look like they are going through a tunnel

My Sims look like they are going through a tunnel, You can see it on the Sim "Candy" in my sims relationship panel. But in person, her head looks like it is going through a tunnel. I do have CCs and would like to keep them since I am using one in my current game (it is a house). Any suggestions? m

n6qosm.png

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    this could be a stretch but is candy wearing any cc? something she's wearing could be broken
    in any case cc is likely what's causing the problem so you should try removing it in batches to try and pinpoint what the problem is.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
    this could be a stretch but is candy wearing any cc? something she's wearing could be broken
    in any case cc is likely what's causing the problem so you should try removing it in batches to try and pinpoint what the problem is.
    Oddly, I have never played Candy. This is effecting a lot of the Sims that I never play and My Sims son. Can you tell me what to look for? I have looked in the Sims 4 folder in my Library and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, just a lot of text documents that say "Error Object" and then a number.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,733 Member
    Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    When you find the cc causing the issue, you can remove that and keep the rest of your cc.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    choran929 wrote: »
    Oddly, I have never played Candy. This is effecting a lot of the Sims that I never play and My Sims son. Can you tell me what to look for? I have looked in the Sims 4 folder in my Library and I don't see anything out of the ordinary, just a lot of text documents that say "Error Object" and then a number.

I wouldn't know where to start, to be honest.
    My advice would be to start off by removing all your mods and cc, then see if you still get the issue. If you still get the issue, it's probably not a CC problem , but if you don't, then it is

If it turns out to be an issue with CC then add back half of it, and if the problem exists within that half, halve it again until you end up with a few files that you can test individually
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    When you find the cc causing the issue, you can remove that and keep the rest of your cc.

Thanks @rosemow I will try that
  • Options
    choran929 wrote: »

I wouldn't know where to start, to be honest.
    My advice would be to start off by removing all your mods and cc, then see if you still get the issue. If you still get the issue, it's probably not a CC problem , but if you don't, then it is

If it turns out to be an issue with CC then add back half of it, and if the problem exists within that half, halve it again until you end up with a few files that you can test individually

Thank you!
  • Options
    Hey @rosemow. I opened My Mods Folder in my current The Sims 4 folder (I haven't removed it yet to do the test) and this is the only thing in it.

dltkzo.jpg
  • Options
    That was the only thing in it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,733 Member
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issue remsins, try evicting the family then move them back in and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If the issue remsins, try evicting the family then move them back in and see if the issue remains.

I think that fixed it! If I have anymore problems, I will poke you again! Thanks @rosemow!!!