Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hobby Interest Icons Mod Bug

NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 2
I recently downloaded this mod to replace the icons of the hobby interests so that they fit to my medieval Sims.

They seem to work fine for others, at least I have not found any comment or so about a bug, but when I looked into the hobby section of the game's interface, I saw this:

e21Opmo.jpg

I don't really understand why it looks like that and it bothers me a bit. I wondered if anyone here knows about this bug or has any tips on how to solve it? :)
Post edited by Nindl on

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Your best bet is to ask the creator of the mod or post on the comments section of the forum where you got it. You're very unlikely to get someone familiar with that mod to see this thread on this forum. And if you think it's a bug, you should post where someone is more likely to see it.
  • Options
    @Seera1024
    Thanks for the answer, but I can't post in the forum where I got the mod from because I am not a member there. I have read about a few people having played a medieval game here, so I though they might be able to help. And where do you mean I should post it instead, where more people would see it? There is no bug section here for the Sims 2 unfortunately.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Nindl You could become a member of that forum. And that forum in that thread is where I suggest you post as there are likely more people aware of the mod and it's features to help figure out what's causing the problem you're having.

Though given a cursory glance at the thread, it may be a feature of the mod to change the icons in game. But again, I can't say because I don't have the mod and not aware of what glitches those types of mods typically have.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Those are shown as the Hobby Interests for Nature- when they talk about Nature it should show those in their speech bubbles. If I'm reading it right. So, it's working as it should - defaults. :)
  • Options
    @Seera1024
    @Rflong7

Thanks for trying to help, but I do know that these are defaults and it was my intention to change the icons in game. What bothers me is that black thingy next and underneath them. :/

I am not sure if I want to join the forum just for asking one question. I don't like registering for too many things which I don't absolutely need.

I was "hoping" this might be a more common bug that some here know how to fix, but I guess it is not. Until I find a solution on how to remove the black thing, I think will just remove the defaults of the hobby icons again. :)
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Looks to me like the black thing is from the icons not resizing right? (Also, if you got it from Plumbbob Keep, it probably is worth it to go ahead and join because all the creators I've met over there are ridiculously helpful when it comes to getting stuff to work right.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]