Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with CC or Vanilla?

Comments

• Options
    edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    CC and mods opened a whole new game for me. My sims are gorgeous and no longer look like cardboard dolls, and they all have amazing houses where its a pleasure to play. I like spending a lot of time at the laundry room in my homes. Without mods and cc I would have stopped playing long ago.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I like to use some mods in my game, for example a mod that overrides the name pool of my german game with english names (the german names are terrible!) I also want to use the MCCC soon. I only use a few cc hairstyles, mostly the vanilla child hairstyles for teen and older, because most of the vanilla hair looks good enough already (can't say the same about TS3). So yes, I play with CC, but not that much.

Don't want to begin with the terrible "realistic" cc hairstyles that doesn't fit into the TS4 art style at all... :|
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    GiorgiGiorgi Posts: 44 Member
    I only use MCCC
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    Giorgi wrote: »
    I only use MCCC

Same here.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited April 2017
    I dont like unnecessary CC. Too many times you start the game and get the scary looking photo in CAS because a mesh is missing.Also, im content with what we have in game and know there will be more in the future <3

If i found a mod that would take away a game feature i dont like i would use CC though B)
    Post edited by BrownGamerGurl1 on
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2017
    I like TS4's graphics and art style for the color saturation, resolution quality, and lighting effects, but I don't like the simple blocky meshes and My Sims blurry textures with very little detail. So I use CC to create the art style I prefer.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I play vanilla and have in each version of the series. I am familiar with the major mods that are available and I've looked at some CC content but never downloaded it. Dealing with updating and checking on mods/CC is something that I've always opted not to deal with.

Maybe I'll change at some point but I haven't yet.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited April 2017
    I use CC as well, not that many though that completely changes the look. Only tattoo's mostly and my own eyecolor cc. Also some hair for toddlers and children. I do not like those glossy skins that makes them they took an oil bath, so I have the original skintones.

I had many mods in my game but that made it so extremely slow, that I removed most of them. The only mod I use is MC Command Centre.
    (By the way, this may seem like a dumb question but what's Maxis Match and Alpha exactly? If Maxis match is something like TS4 style then I only use those...)
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I only use CC and no mods. The main reason and ALWAYS has been the main reason for me using CC since Sims 2 is the lacking content options for males in the game (CAS in particular) . I try to get hair as close to maxis match, but then again I wonder, why wasn't this already an option in the vanilla game? :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    ShanEnriShanEnri Posts: 61 Member
    I prefer game mods over cc. Never looked at maxis match though. I just hate having to keep up with the updates. Maybe when ts4 is a bit older and not updating so often, I'll look into some cc.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I have a ton of cc (3.25 GB to be exact). I mostly use it because i sometimes find the maxis hairs/clothes weird or boring. Plus my sims look more unique since they don't all wear the same clothes :tongue:

With mods I try to keep it down and only download those who changes something about the game that annoys me
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Vanilla but used to use CC but it was too glitchy.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    Vanilla, but lately I've been considering some mods. I'm a bit picky though; I'd only want CC that matches TS4 style. Mostly I'm interested in mods that increase gameplay rather than cosmetics though.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I use MC Command Center. It makes the game so much better, in my humble opinion. Without it, the game seems almost boring.
    I don't use any custom skins, hair, clothes, etc. though.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I use cc and mods because without them, the game is too bland for my tastes. I use MCCC, of course, and mods and cc to add customization.
    I try to keep the folder to under one GB, but boy is it hard, lol. I love both looks, alpha and Maxis and my sims are a combination of them. I can always spot my sims in a crowd, they're the ones that look good, lol. :D

Yes, mods are a major pain especially at patch time but if I'm going to have mods/cc then it is up to me to filter out which mods are outdated. To me, it is a labor of love, otherwise who in their right mind would do this, lol. It also helps when simmers like luthienrising makes threads and posts which mods are broken and ones that have been updated. Kudos!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    MC Command Center is the only mod I use and truthfully, could not play this game without any longer. This mod makes this simply, a better game.

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I use mods and mostly Maxis match CC in my game. I had played a vanilla game when it first came out and then lost interest and went back to TS3 for a bit. When I came back to TS4 I realized I really missed the details found in the previous iteration and now I can't play the game without it.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play vanilla where appearance is concerned - no CC. I do use mods to make "cheats" more accessible (more UI, less typing - I use these mostly to set up new households as not-fresh-from-CAS) and to tweak things in gameplay (e.g., lifespan, proportion of employed Sims, less autonomy in a few annoyance categories, which bar nights happen, fewer "happy" buffs). I've got one custom career mod as well, the Education/Library rabbit-hole career by @Neia. I can live without any mods at all, if I really have to, and I can usually find one save or another to play if a mod is temporarily out of service.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Totally vanilla. In the past sims games I used quite a bit of CC and always had trouble with lag, viruses etc. So I elected not to this time around. I've never used mods n any game. I've been considering MC Command and or a Risky WooHoo mod. I haven't made up my mind yet. I really just dont want to deal with all the side effects.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Maxis match CC and only a handful of mods (mainly mccc, it does wonders).
  • Options
    flockofsmeagolzflockofsmeagolz Posts: 1 New Member
    No CC for me, I just use expansion packs and the base game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,573 Member
    For the longest time I played vanilla. Then I learned about MCCC. A mod that was inspired by Twallen's Master Controller, which I used often in Sims3. It's great to be able to give your CASed families a skill boost. How many parents of teen kids lack skills, right? So, now, I'm happily exploring the uses of this fantastic mod. I also have cc that allows for a greater variety of eye color WITHOUT overriding the default eye colors. Some hair styles and a few clothing items from the 18th century for a specific game save of mine. Beyond that a couple of spinning wheels and a loom, which is really more like a computer, but it adds to the ambiance. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I play HEAVY on CC. It started for me because there just are not options that suit my tastes really. Not that there aren't things I like a lot but a lot of the game content decor and fashion wise is very dated to me, and I really like more modern things (newer packs have improved this a lot since I started collecting CC, but it's there either way XD). I also do not believe there is a single EA hair that is close to my hair length. I like very long hair on my gaming characters and 9/10 times what starts me getting into modding is the lack of long hair.

When it comes to furniture and clutter I don't like a lot of what is available. It's not that it's bad, but it doesn't suit my decor tastes really, but there are a lot of CC makers who make things that are perfect for what I do in my own decor.

When it comes to mods I would say a lot of it is just adding more variety or things that make my game more enriching. For example, the custom food mod. I download almost every recipe that pops up just to have more variety. I also use a height slider because many of my sims are characters I've written out in pretty in depth detail, and having siblings that are born several years apart being the same size without being a teenager bothers me.

I also have a homework time tweak, since prior to finding it my kids pretty much came home, did homework, ate, and got ready for bed and I just didn't think that was fair. And of course magic mods and different traits.

But the bottom line for me is that if it weren't for CC and mods I'm not sure I'd still be playing Sims 4, the provided aesthetic just isn't very "me", and mods make my in game life more convenient with bug fixes, And more engaging with mod implemented features and objects. The fact that Sims 4 was so easy to make completely my own is what made me love it, and what has made me stay so long.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I play with mods and very little CC.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I play with Risky Woohoo, but the rest is vanilla. Accidents are fun :blush: