Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion or Game pack idea: Time travelling

JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi guys...is it just me or does anyone else miss historical themes in the game? I would love to see some Medieval stuff and other historical themed eras covered in the game. At the moment I feel little bored with the mostly modern or futuristic themes. I absolutely love Vampire Game pack (best game pack in my opinion so far) because it has so many beautiful historical looking furniture etc. But we would also need something more simple for playing with various themes such as pre-historical times and Medieval times.

Time travelling EP: Could include new hidden destination worlds for various historical era´s. Opens for sims with making a time machine. New clothing, hair, furniture etc. making historical themes loving simmers feel more like actually living in those era´s. Also new possibility for have more choice in playing challenges etc.

Medieval Game Pack: A whole Game Pack for this fascinating era. I don´t think that a Whole EP dedicated just to this theme would be needed but a Game Pack would cover it well. It could also bring a whole new neighborhood with this theme to play with. This could introduce Celtic Princesses, beatiful new clothing, Tiara´s and Crowns etc.

Overall I just miss having a neighborhood for playing with such atmosphere. Everything is a little too nice and pastel all the time for me atm lol :D...

Comments

• Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    If it anything like Sims 3 into the future then I agree with your idea.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Perfect idea, really! It would be nice if you could pick to travel either to past or future.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Time travelling EP: Could include new hidden destination worlds for various historical era´s. Opens for sims with making a time machine. New clothing, hair, furniture etc. making historical themes loving simmers feel more like actually living in those era´s. Also new possibility for have more choice in playing challenges etc.
    I like that idea.
    It could even be just one world, like into the future was, but in this case, whatever date you set, gives you a different era.
    It'd be nice if it could include ancient, medieval, renaissance, victorian, modern, and future.
    This could introduce Celtic Princesses
    In the grand scheme of things, celts are boring. They were just one of many germanic tribes of the ancient world. Viking shield maidens would be more exciting than celtic princesses. Heck, even welsh princesses would be more exciting.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LilyCrossLilyCross Posts: 10 New Member
    I Agree! It would be great to travel to the past or future! I also want to be able to get into the city of aliens, which is visible in the distance at the Sixam!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I definitely miss the historical elements of the game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Movotti All kind of Princesses are welcome, vikings would be so cool too :)! And...the point is having tiara´s, crowns and stuff for us to make the King and the Queen :)...I´am dreaming of a tiaras in hat section of the CAS...would be so great to be able to put that crown on any hairdo. Back in the Sims 3 I loved the Store Tudor set and the style of Dragon Valley...still is my favorite sims world ever.

Thanks all for the comments and great ideas...time trivelling gives so much more depth and choices for the present day gaming...so many people make and have always made lot of mods and CC for it but the whole EP would cover this area so well. I loved Into the future EP in the Sims 3 but also missed the historical era´s so it would be important to cover more era´s. Maybe something like this would be cool too: Pre-historic (or ancient), Medieval and Apocalyptic future with plumbots. 3 destinations to play with various fun themes.

Keep your ideas and comments coming guys...:), lets brainstorm all the great things this EP could have!

• Options
    They couldn't cover every single historical era but I'm sure they could do something in broad strokes such as:

-Ancient Rome
    -Medieval
    -Georgian
    -Victorian
    -Futuristic

Something like that. Each category would require thematic clothing, hairstyles, decor and furniture. Some examples of appropriate furniture would be a notebook for writing and a chamber pot for toileting. New aspirations and traits would be a must, at least one per era. New interactions relevant to the period would also be included. Each era would also have its own "world" with thematically appropriate housing and communal lots. Each area would require a pub/bar type lot, a gym and a public park, all of which would come with suitable objects. Some of the eras I listed were big on public bathing so we'd also want swimming pools too.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I think it would be impossible for them to cover all era´s but maybe they could make some kind of mix and match of it...well at least with the clothing and such.

Since I´m such a fan of the Medieval times I would love to see some medieval stoves made and special "food cabinet" for medieval food. This object could be premium just for making medieval type of foods, breads and desserts. Maybe it could also introduce "holding court" similar what TheSims Medieval game has, giving advises for other sims and being judge for problems :). Also there could be swords, bows and such for mild combat...nothing too brutal but little fun. New skills could be such as combat in swords, sewing/knitting for the girls...

Possible new careers/jobs and/or skills to do:
    -Blacksmith
    -Sewing and Knitting
    -Herbalism/Crowing herbs, mushrooms etc. making potions from them and selling them. Special herbalist shop even...maybe.
    -Medieval/Historical shop: For selling medieval things like bows, swords, herbs, potions, jewelry, candles
    -Making candles...

Stuff I would love to see: Jewelry, Tiara´s, Crowns, Cloaks, Candles..peasant furniture and objects such as hay beds.
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • Options
    All kind of Princesses are welcome
    Then why specify celtic, but mention no others?
    And...the point is having tiara´s, crowns and stuff for us to make the King and the Queen
    What most people think of as tiaras are a very modern concept.
    I´am dreaming of a tiaras in hat section of the CAS
    Sounds like you want a wedding pack.
    would be so great to be able to put that crown on any hairdo.
    Crowns are cool. Quite different to tiaras.

I love this medieval crown
    300px-Schatzkammer_Residenz_M%C3%BCnchen_06_(cropped).JPG
    It's so... opulent
    the style of Dragon Valley...still is my favorite sims world ever.
    It was very lord of the rings. :/

Maybe something like this would be cool too: Pre-historic (or ancient), Medieval and Apocalyptic future with plumbots.
    Prehistory would be a bit dull on game play.
    Ancient world is certainly more interesting.

And as for apocalyptic future: the rise of the plumbots.
    The plumbots order your sims around, and tell them to do chores, and yell at them or slap them when they do something wrong. :p

I'm all for a historical type time travel pack.
    But it would really need to narrowed to 3-4 eras, otherwise it would have too many different types of stuff.

Ancient
    Think Greece and Rome, they styles of furnishings, the clothing, the build mode stuff. It'd be the place to have the ultimate toga party.

Medieval
    Middle ages Europe, it simplifies the clothing options, the furnishings, and the build stuff. A bit like the Dragon valley style.

Renaissance
    A styalised version of Europe from 1400-1700, a bit more ren fair than any particular time or place.

Victorian
    Ye olde worlde? A bit old west, a bit dickens london, a bit edwardian, probably a whole lot steampunkish.

Each era would really only need one rich womans outfit, one poor womans outfit, one rich mans outfit, one poor mans outfit. the same for kids, and just one for toddters, with a rich colourway and a poor colourway. That means 8 new outfits each for men, women and children, and four for todders.

When it comes to furnishing, there may be some overlap.
    This is a roman chair
    77036.jpg

This is a renaissance chair
    dcc97f40d076e2b3f64774d2bb52d3b6.jpg

this is what medieval people use to cook their food
    imageGen.ashx?image=%2Fmedia%2F5049%2F2440.jpg

This is what the romans used
    cooking-pot.jpg

I would write pages on this sort of stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah wedding set would be nice too, but my point was to have more than 1 option to play with. I like the way EA does mix and match styles with the sims 4. Those era´s do not need to be 100% accurate...but If anything was possible, ofcourse I would take all of them in one EP.

I like the Victorian theme you meantion..steampunk, edwardian etc..sounds great :). That would be my second favorite era after Medieval...

Plumbots ruling the future...that sounds interesting. But maybe a bit too extreme for most people who play the sims. Maybe in some other type of game that would be perfect idea :)...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Movotti wrote: »
    Each era would really only need one rich womans outfit, one poor womans outfit, one rich mans outfit, one poor mans outfit. the same for kids, and just one for toddters, with a rich colourway and a poor colourway. That means 8 new outfits each for men, women and children, and four for todders

Honestly. I'd want at least 2 outfits per life stage for the wealthy. Plus lots of colour options.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    how about inside of that big chunky time machine from Ambitions how about a drinking cup (ie travelling coffemug or something) being the time machine instead?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee haha :D..that is a fun idea lol.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

I was making a reference to a reviewing youtube channel I been watching for 5 weeks (6 weeks Thursday) and that guy has a travelling coffee mug (in his werido storyline)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I was making a reference to a reviewing youtube channel I been watching for 5 weeks (6 weeks Thursday) and that guy has a travelling coffee mug (in his werido storyline)

Well..I think that would certainly make time travelling more fun so I am with you 100%. Thanks for telling this :). I can already picture the mug in my head :D..

• Options
    Each era would really only need one rich womans outfit, one poor womans outfit, one rich mans outfit, one poor mans outfit. the same for kids, and just one for toddters, with a rich colourway and a poor colourway. That means 8 new outfits each for men, women and children, and four for todders

Honestly. I'd want at least 2 outfits per life stage for the wealthy. Plus lots of colour options.

How many outfits usually come with an EP?
  • Options

How many outfits usually come with an EP?

No idea, more than that, perhaps.
  • Options
    joey119joey119 Posts: 1 New Member
    it should be a EP my opinion that way we can have lots of eras to travel to. and they can make the world in a sense of GP because we would get so many eras. Along with clothes to match Eras. New Sims, New deaths, maybe 4 new careers to match the eras. so we can literaly live there. We can totally mess with the sims life in terms of them finding the love of their life in one era and traveling them back to the present and they could die of depression.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm completely interested in historical themes. I'm actually a lot less interested in futuristic themes and I would find them annoying if combined with history. I realize that I might be more interested in history than others though, so I'd put up with what I'd have to in order to get them. (I'd probably buy a pack that combined history with futurism even if I found it annoying). I'd love a pack that just combined historic themes or to see historic content in SPs.

I'm interested in the historic themes that have been listed - prehistory, ancient, dark and/or medieval, renaissance, classical (already has some elements in the game), Victorian, frontier, etc. It would be a bit weird with the current game style to see modern and historic people mingling in community spaces. I'm not sure how they would get around that. Maybe they could have a historic outfit category so that townies would switch into appropriate clothes in a historic world. That would be great.

As for the amount of styles? Let's be honest, as many as possible. If we're talking about medieval options? Many medieval women spent a lot of their lives sewing, including wealthy women, so I'd love to see beautiful, colo(u)rful fabrics, different necklines and different accessories. A Tudor woman looked different than a 14th C woman, for example. Different bodices which could be combined with different skirts as separates or worn as one coordinated outfit would be great. Men could have tunics of varying quality and leggings. Men could also have military skirts (kilts, ancient warrior garb, Roman leather skirts) like they have worn at various times.

Women often covered their hair so it could be a way to add hair veils for those wanting them. I'd love to see long thin necklaces, sometimes with ornate jewels hanging from them. I'd also like seeing some marketplace commoners and tavern maids/lads. Robes in a variety of colors including white, brown and black would make sense and would possibly work across multiple cultures.

If they did this, maybe they could bring in a poll or gather community feedback about what to include. I do love this subject though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    @joey119 Yeah I agree with you, definitely sims should be able to live on those era´s permanently or move back if they want and finding love of their life from historical era would be cool too.

@ChampandGirlie You made a very good point...I agree with you that we would get more out of the historical themes if they would just focus on them. Future feels like a whole different and separated theme so maybe that should be kept in another EP or GP. That way they could completely focus on the history and make more people happy by covering more era´s.
  • Options
    I'm interested in the historic themes that have been listed - prehistory, ancient, dark and/or medieval, renaissance, classical (already has some elements in the game), Victorian, frontier, etc. It would be a bit weird with the current game style to see modern and historic people mingling in community spaces. I'm not sure how they would get around that. Maybe they could have a historic outfit category so that townies would switch into appropriate clothes in a historic world. That would be great.
    this is making me think of westworld.
    Many medieval women spent a lot of their lives sewing, including wealthy women, so I'd love to see beautiful, colo(u)rful fabrics, different necklines and different accessories.
    But they didn't have lots of clothes.
    They spent so much time sewing because they were making the clothes for the ENTIRE household!

The average medieval person had 2-3 complete outfits. Though, they usually had several sets of linen undergarments, which got changed pretty often, and laundered every week. Most people had an every-day outfit, and their sunday best. If they were lucky, they might have an older outfit for really dirty chores. Cloth was incredibly expensive, so most people would only get one complete new outfit each year.

Many of those who worked recieved the fabric for said new outfit each year, as a part of their wages.
    There is plenty of records of this in household accounts from the era.
    A Tudor woman looked different than a 14th C woman, for example.
    to a degree, and mostly so for the wealthier classes. The basic fitted gown that women in the 14thC wore is quite similar to the kirtle of a tudor era commoner.
    Different bodices which could be combined with different skirts as separates or worn as one coordinated outfit would be great.
    Even though separates didn't become commonplace for women until after the elizabethan era, it would make a lot of sense to make them that way for the sims. It's a great trick to give a lot more looks, with a limited number of garments.

Men could have tunics of varying quality and leggings.
    *hose. Men wore hose. And they weren't joined hose until the mid 1300's.
    373254ca5ae0b5892c3d2c1f53e4b5db.jpg

Women often covered their hair so it could be a way to add hair veils for those wanting them.

The vast majority of medieval women wore their hair up, even when wearing a veil.
    Here's some styles that look good with or without a veil:
    medieval-hairstyle.png
    fdd8130cc664fe973803d28be54232e2.jpg
    fd707d3e0090714b47a3d1c68ed1d969.jpg
    c2db8cb858056035fe27846131f32fb5.jpg
    08c417b7322ffc787142aafb3d597c74.jpg
    c98213217a880c762b42d371246608df.jpg
    I suspect women kept their ears warm with most of these hair styles

Men also had one heck of a lot of hat options, to the point where most men wore something on their head most of the time.
    04c8c9fcbac42aa259dbf428828d05d7.jpg
    c579239bc4bbb17877828662b97c00ef.jpg
    3f972a2ea8463f2f76c0950c0fcac32e.jpg

As for children: Infants were swaddled, toddlers wore long gowns (even boys), children were dressed as minature adults, and teens were sometimes married off (not usually before 16).

Ok... I know way too much about this sort of stuff.
    I studied it when I was at art school, and when I did theatre design, and the history of fashion, and I've studied a lot of domesic life history.

• Options
    Some of those hairstyles made me think of my Queen in the Sims 3 where I used one of the hairstyles from India Inspired sets:

jl4fg1.jpg

I would not like my princesses to look too boring either...I like the look and style of Celtic princesses and also Tudor style. It would be great if there were fancy princess stuff and also simple peasant style clothing.
  • Options
    joey119 wrote: »
    it should be a EP my opinion that way we can have lots of eras to travel to. and they can make the world in a sense of GP because we would get so many eras. Along with clothes to match Eras. New Sims, New deaths, maybe 4 new careers to match the eras. so we can literaly live there. We can totally mess with the sims life in terms of them finding the love of their life in one era and traveling them back to the present and they could die of depression.

Not a fan of the depression but the rest of your ideas are great.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited April 2017
    Some of those hairstyles made me think of my Queen in the Sims 3 where I used one of the hairstyles from India Inspired sets:

jl4fg1.jpg

I would not like my princesses to look too boring either...I like the look and style of Celtic princesses and also Tudor style. It would be great if there were fancy princess stuff and also simple peasant style clothing.

That's a gorgeous sim.

I agree that there was certainly more variety for the wealthy. Fashions for the wealthy definitely did change quite a lot over time.

When it came to other levels of society, one's profession probably mattered a lot. Therefore, a female market trader might have dressed a bit differently than a servant, for example. Male workers had clothing specific to their professions, for sure. I'm thinking of smiths versus field workers, clergy or knights. Anyway, Sims Medieval did a pretty good job of addressing all of that. It was a bit more like TS1 in some ways but it covered the medieval theme well.

It's also true that some of the CL clothing kind of works in a historic context as well. There was so much trading that the fabrics and some of the basic silhouettes kind of work in a more historic context. It's not a one-to-one but they share some similarities.

I'd love to see historic themes if they were to happen though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    I'm completely interested in historical themes. I'm actually a lot less interested in futuristic themes and I would find them annoying if combined with history. I realize that I might be more interested in history than others though, so I'd put up with what I'd have to in order to get them. (I'd probably buy a pack that combined history with futurism even if I found it annoying). I'd love a pack that just combined historic themes or to see historic content in SPs.

I'm, with you, I don't want futuristic content but if my beloved historical content came with it, fair enough.

We know they can do it because there were quite a lot of historical and fantasy themed sets in the Sims 3 store, not to mention Sims Medieval. Sims 2 had armour and a couple of medieval gowns and even the original Sims game came with some Roman themed outfits and decor and Get Together for Sims 4 gave us armour so historical content definitely fits with the franchise tradition. Come on EA, give us history geeks some love, please :)