Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-living Sim/Lot Traits

Here's an aspect of the pack that hasn't been expanded on too much yet. What if eco-living came with a new lot trait, and/or a new trait for the Sims? Graham said it could be possible. (We might even get both if the lot trait is more general and included in a patch prior, for example). What would you like each of those to be? Keep in mind that this is an SP, so realistically, it'd only be one of each at most.

I'm not sure what an eco-living Sim trait would provide, but I've heard TS3 may have had something similar so some of you may be able to expand on that. I think a lot trait would probably lower bills in some way, or maybe you could get extra money instead from a story quip about adding to the power grid through solar or wind power, or if we're going super down-to-earth and off-the-grid with this pack, maybe every once in awhile you'd get some seeds or gardening supplies in the mailbox (like how there's that trait for Vampires that gives gifts).

What are your thoughts?
Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.

Comments

• Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I really like the very last trait you suggested. Sims getting seeds/gardening supplies in the mail every so often. That's general enough to be put into a patch and fits the theme well.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Is there already a 'greenthumb' trait? The closest I can think of would be 'loves the outdoors'.

If we get solar panels and wind turbines, they'd work with the lot traits 'sunny aspect' and 'bracing breezes' to help boost their effects.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Currently in TS4 There is a collector aspiration bonus trait from an aspiration that works on all collectibles including harvestables and there is a loves the outdoors trait where sims are happy to be outside and there is a super green thumb bonus reward trait - forget exactly what this one does but I think it increases quality of plants.
    No "gardening" trait specifically.

I would like to see a sustainable trait where sims are happiest using resources they craft/harvest themselves. Like if they use fresh fish / harvestable garden items in cooking, or they use a handiness crafted object vs a purchased. Or if we include solar/wind alt energy that they get a moodlet when they get their bills or something. Or using a Eco appliance vs a non Eco . This could play into both the smart tech, nature and homesteading/off grid sides of Eco-living.
  • Options
    diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    Is there already a 'greenthumb' trait? The closest I can think of would be 'loves the outdoors'.

If we get solar panels and wind turbines, they'd work with the lot traits 'sunny aspect' and 'bracing breezes' to help boost their effects.

I love the idea of a greenthumb trait! Also the general eco-friendly trait could maybe get positive moodlets from using eco-friendly items, search for DIY ideas on the computer, talk about DIY projects/the environment/recycling...

I was also thinking of a trait having to do with DIY projects? Like a trait that makes your sims love the woodworking bench and gardening and pretty much anything that creates something with their hard work.

Speaking of sim traits, though-- what about the anti-eco friendly sim? The sim that hates recycling, does NOT want to hear about your DIY projects/gardening/the environment, gets negative moodlets for using any "eco-friendly" item they may come out with, gets really mad at protesters, ect. I think that could be an interesting balance to the eco-friendly sims. @SimGuruGraham
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I could see a whole new aspiration - Save the Planet, or something like that.
  • Options
    nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    diisnerd wrote: »

I love the idea of a greenthumb trait! Also the general eco-friendly trait could maybe get positive moodlets from using eco-friendly items, search for DIY ideas on the computer, talk about DIY projects/the environment/recycling...

I was also thinking of a trait having to do with DIY projects? Like a trait that makes your sims love the woodworking bench and gardening and pretty much anything that creates something with their hard work.

Speaking of sim traits, though-- what about the anti-eco friendly sim? The sim that hates recycling, does NOT want to hear about your DIY projects/gardening/the environment, gets negative moodlets for using any "eco-friendly" item they may come out with, gets really mad at protesters, ect. I think that could be an interesting balance to the eco-friendly sims. @SimGuruGraham

Yes! I love those ideas!! :)
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3